The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Although we're joking about it being a good thing, it really is criminal how they've ignored Arda this half. He's been stood on his own with his arms out time and again.

:lol:

carlsburg don't do comically well timed posts, but if they did...

Although we're joking about it being a good thing, it really is criminal how they've ignored Arda this half. He's been stood on his own with his arms out time and again.

carlsburg don't do comically well timed posts, but if they did...

:blush:

Is my mate right saying that if Turkey and the Czechs draw, they are going to have to draw who goes through?

Penalty shootout right after their match from what I've heard

It's actually a draw, but after calculating average points in the WC2006 qualifiers and EC2008 qualifiers and then fair play.

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19079.pdf

Can't copy the text for some reason, but it's under 7.07

Thought the game was a bit naff really. Lacked any real quality, and it's funny how shite Tuncay is. :lol:

First half was fun in the rain though and the last ten minutes were all out. Good watch overall. Really hope the tournament continues to pick up because most of the games have been shite.

Thought the game was a bit naff really. Lacked any real quality, and it's funny how shite Tuncay is. :lol:

First half was fun in the rain though and the last ten minutes were all out. Good watch overall. Really hope the tournament continues to pick up because most of the games have been shite.

Didn't everyone on this board want to sign Tuncay 5 years ago?

Fucking pathetic watching the game played in that rain. Should have been called off (I know that would be a nightmare though).

Guest optimistic nit

i think that since romania france, all the games have been pretty good. even the sweden game was good, to see the greeks have their boring system beaten

Fucking pathetic watching the game played in that rain. Should have been called off (I know that would be a nightmare though).

Someone said that on the telly, and I disagree. If it'd carried on raining then maybe, but even by the time it stopped it wasn't close to being abandoned IMO. The ball still ran well enough in most places and the pitch wasn't cutting up at all. I'd have been surprised if it had been called off.

Someone said that on the telly, and I disagree. If it'd carried on raining then maybe, but even by the time it stopped it wasn't close to being abandoned IMO. The ball still ran well enough in most places and the pitch wasn't cutting up at all. I'd have been surprised if it had been called off.

Just before it stopped raining the ball didn't run at all. Turkish defender played it back to the keeper at pace, and it went all of 5 yards. It was stupid for a game at this level.

Granted, in the second half, things were much better.

For some reason I'm getting a soft spot for Turkey :(

There were no real puddles though and I've seen games play on in much worse conditions before being called off. It simply wasn't that bad if you ask me. Agree to disagree though. :)