Chris Mort's departure confirmed. Derek Llambias is new Managing Director.

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Micktoon

Whats the craic anyhoo, has Mort actually stepped down or not. If he has i personally think we're in the cack. It will mean starting the new season with a chairman learning the ropes again, not good.

Not yet but it's expected sometime in the near future, the bloke favourite to take his place is already at the club working with him.

I don't think it'll have much impact as Wise is in charge of the football side of the business and Jimenez handles negotiations.

The Wise, Jimenez piss scares the cack out of me as well.

I genuinely think there'd be similar responses if it was Shepherd. Well, maybe not "legend", but there'd have been plenty :lol:s.

I think its embarrassing. I also think that if Shepherd had did it he would have been slaughtered.

Such is the way though.

Not that I'm embarrassed personally.  In fact I'm more embarrassed by the blatant hypocrisy if anything.

What hypocrisy? Shepherd never did anything like that in order to make a compareable reaction.

There's were a couple of recent things that could have fallen either way that were taken (judging solely by their reactions on here) rather well though ...

The "I told my wife I loved her when I left this morning" line got many more chuckles than groans iirc. 

I remember when or around Owen signed Freddy made some comment about possibly being picked up by mental health services or some such, also got the chuckle instead of groan. 

The drive-by Scouse interview was looked at as somewhat endearing instead of embarassing.

I think it's a bit too far to say it's hypocritical and that Shepherd would have been slaughtered for it. 

Either way, it doesn't matter how anyone would have viewed Shepherd doing it.  I'm glad Mort did.

52000 people can't be wrong.

Funny that since 51,998 thought Shepherd was a cunt.

silly boy.

The choice was theirs though. I take it you were one of those 51,998 who spent their money lining the pocket of a cunt ?

mackems.gif

You could have stopped going of course, like 30000 did before football began in 1992  mackems.gif

I assume you'll be stopping going because you don't like Chris Mort and Mike Ashley then?

Well Wullie lad, having supported the club through true mediocrity, the likes of which you will never understand, I'm not going to stop now. Even if they plunge to the depths where the Halls and Shepherd rescued the club from.

Some comments on here by people like you still amaze me, don't know why like, but they do.

30,000 others will though, or would have if it was all as shite as you make out, should I say. Including you, I would guess. Certainly some people on here who were attracted back to the club by the very board they slate.

The frustration they must feel must be incredible. I mean, fancy going back to support the club because you thought they were going to win trophies at last and a decade or so later it hasn't matrialised.

Still, there's alway Man Utd. Or Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal. Or obviously the likes of Everton, Pompey, Spurs etc because they have spent the last decade showing how it really should be done  mackems.gif

You'll be out of your depth now won't you ?

Where's anyone said that doing the conga makes him a good chairman anyway?

People seem to think it's funny, and I'd tend to agree with that tbh. But I can't see where anyone has used it as any sort of indicator as to how he's done as a chairman, unless you count Jonny Hall's original post that first brought the incident to people's attention, which was clearly in jest.

Why can't you seperate the man from the job he's done NE5? Because I really don't see the need for going off on a wobbler here at all.

It's true Shepherd shared some good days on the back of Sir John Hall's acumen, and Sir Bobby Robson's football nous.

If Fat Fred ever gets a Knighthood we'll all have to admit he deserved it I reckon.

Whats the craic anyhoo, has Mort actually stepped down or not. If he has i personally think we're in the cack. It will mean starting the new season with a chairman learning the ropes again, not good.

Not yet but it's expected sometime in the near future, the bloke favourite to take his place is already at the club working with him.

I don't think it'll have much impact as Wise is in charge of the football side of the business and Jimenez handles negotiations.

you might be about to find out there is no point in continuing with a "stable setup" that is shite, which may lead to Keegan leaving. I'm sure that our marvellous system and "plan" will ensure we don't miss Keegan in the slightest, just like back in 1997.

With any luck they will revert back to the system - that doesn;t work of course despite being used by all the top 4 clubs - whereby the buck stops with the manager, every time, and he chooses his own staff because he's the, eeer manager.

Guest Micktoon

Personally I think the silence coming form St James' is deafening. About time some bugger came out and let the fans know whats going on. After last years debacle, it was a debacle despite the spin we had against poor sides in April, there will be a fair few thinking of other things to to do with their season ticket cash. For the record, if I was still living in Newcastle, I would still be blindly forking out the cash. After all the stripes remain the same.

People seem to think it's funny, and I'd tend to agree with that tbh. But I can't see where anyone has used it as any sort of indicator as to how he's done as a chairman, unless you count Jonny Hall's original post that first brought the incident to people's attention, which was clearly in jest.

Why can't you seperate the man from the job he's done NE5? Because I really don't see the need for going off on a wobbler here at all.

I don't see your point. I think people can't or won't seperate the man from the job he did in Shepherd and Halls case. I've said it often enough, I judge a chairman primarily by how they back their managers, and in this instance Mort has came acros to me as being completely out of touch and knowing nothing about football.

Why do people think he's been such a good chairman, he's done nothing except ironically make some stupid statements to the press. He's also had 2 managers complaing about the clubs ineffiency to complete transfer deals. To me, this is as worrying as it gets

Guest Micktoon

I don't see your point. I think people can't or won't seperate the man from the job he did in Shepherd and Halls case. I've said it often enough, I judge a chairman primarily by how they back their managers, and in this instance Mort has came acros to me as being completely out of touch and knowing nothing about football.

Why do people think he's been such a good chairman, he's done nothing except ironically make some stupid statements to the press. He's also had 2 managers complaing about the clubs ineffiency to complete transfer deals. To me, this is as worrying as it gets

Agree with NE5 on this one, no smoke without fire.

Yeah, anyone know when he's going to f*** off and let us get a proper chairman in?

I need someone I can blame immediately for any poor onfield performances, for any transfers we make this season that turn out to be s***, and any players we were rumoured to be interested in who do well elsewhere.

Personally I think the silence coming form St James' is deafening. About time some bugger came out and let the fans know whats going on. After last years debacle, it was a debacle despite the spin we had against poor sides in April, there will be a fair few thinking of other things to to do with their season ticket cash. For the record, if I was still living in Newcastle, I would still be blindly forking out the cash. After all the stripes remain the same.

I agree with this.

Its not the Newcastle way, but people know they are only peddling the rubbish they are peddling because it enables them to blame the fat bastard for anything they can think of.

Pretty sad tbh.

I agree with this.

Its not the Newcastle way, but people know they are only peddling the rubbish they are peddling because it enables them to blame the fat bastard for anything they can think of.

Pretty sad tbh.

Weren't you the first one to mention the fat bastard in this thread?

Fair enough, I don't think he's done a particularly good job either if I'm being honest but he's hardly been a disaster either.

It would appear that he was only ever here on a short-term basis and that he was always going to be replaced this summer, so it's unlikely he was ever going to come in and do anything radical or be particularly knowledgeable about football. Stop-gap chairman that did pretty much what you'd expect him to do IYAM.

More interested to see who is replacement is and how much Ashley is willing to put into transfers, which is his call at the end of the day and not Mort's.

Anyway, best duck and cover before I end up arguing about the board with you, a prospect that terrifies me to my very core. ;)

Guest Micktoon

The fan boys are out in force. :lol:

Time for bed I think.

FFS, just because someone agrees with an opnion that isn't your own you feel the need for insults.

Off to bed with you then, wanker.

Time for bed I think.

FFS, just because someone agrees with an opnion that isn't your own you feel the need for insults.

:jesuswept:

Time for bed I think.

Brilliant. :lol:

NE5 is a blatant WUM btw, you lot should be embarrassed for biting. :laugh:

Time for bed I think.

Brilliant. :lol:

NE5 is a blatant WUM btw, you lot should be embarrassed for biting. :laugh:

Like you don't.  :lol:

I genuinely think there'd be similar responses if it was Shepherd. Well, maybe not "legend", but there'd have been plenty :lol:s.

I think its embarrassing. I also think that if Shepherd had did it he would have been slaughtered.

Such is the way though.

Not that I'm embarrassed personally.  In fact I'm more embarrassed by the blatant hypocrisy if anything.

proves that you've only ever got one man on your mind tbh

Such is the way though.

What hypocrisy? Shepherd never did anything like that in order to make a compareable reaction.

Newcastle United supporters like a chairman who presides over a club that imposes wage restrictions, loses its best players and lose out on major transfer dealings, but they think he's a great bloke because he does the conga ?

And you wonder why people laugh ?

Supporters of the successful clubs will be pissing themselves laughing at such crap and rightly so.

Of all the people that found the incident funny, i bet there was a selection of both those that thought he did a good job, and those that thought he did a bad job.  They were laughing at the situation tbh; people would have to be very short-sighted if the hilarity of the conga in Quinn's face is an equal measure of his performance at the club.

I'm sorry mate, but I honestly don't really care about this. I think its completely irrelevant to anything. It certainly doesn't mean someone is a good chairman, and I'm sure if you and the people on here who actually have a brain are honest with themselves, you will agree.

I'll judge Chris Mort on the players we didn't sign and the players we wanted to sign but were beaten to by an inferior club if thats alright.

so you'll  judge the previous board on the players they went after and didn't get ?

I'll judge them on the players they did get that qualified for europe and the Champions League massively more than any other period in the clubs history.

Unless you care to dispute this ?

i never have and you know that....however there weren't any during the souness or roeder years and i don't think allardyce would have either. dare i suggest that we were going backwards for 3 years on and off the pitch.

unless you care to dispute this ?

have to agree...

52000 people can't be wrong.

Funny that since 51,998 thought Shepherd was a cunt.

silly boy.

The choice was theirs though. I take it you were one of those 51,998 who spent their money lining the pocket of a cunt ?

mackems.gif

You could have stopped going of course, like 30000 did before football began in 1992  mackems.gif

hang on, freddy shepherd invented football?

It's all Shearer's fault at the end of the day. His shadow just hangs over the club. Till Shearer is given a player manager chairman role, nothing wil ever go right for this club.

You seem to care ;)

I don't.

I just feel sorry for people who think a good chairman of a football club is so because he does the conga

Priceless  mackems.gif

As per usual, I don't think anyone has said that?

of course they haven't, they've just said it was funny, which it was. doesnt matter whether he's a fantastic chairman or a terrible one, doing that to the mackems chairman is hilarious, that wont stop the shepherd love in though, any excuse.