A new obsession ... Ivica Olic

KaKa

Olic Eyes Premier League Switch

Croatia star Ivica Olic’s agent could be tempted by a move to the Premier League this summer - possibly with Newcastle United.

The agent of Hamburg's Croatian international striker Ivica Olic has told setantasports.com that his client has not been approached by Portsmouth - but a  move to Newcastle in the summer has not been ruled out.

Olic will feature for his country at Euro 2008, but after the tournament is over he will focus on his club career. And he will negotiate a move away from Hamburg SV, according to his representative.

The Bundesliga star is regarded as a big talent, and enhanced his reputation during the Euro qualifiers when Croatia beat England home and away.

Portsmouth and Newcastle are both rumoured to have been monitoring Olic, and when asked if he denied having any contact with the two clubs, agent Gordon Stipic told setantasports.com:

“I have not spoken directly with Portsmouth, but Newcastle…

“I definitely think he will be leaving this summer. We will wait for the end of Euro 2008 to take a decision. England is an option for him, obviously.

“We have contacts in England and in Spain as well, but I cannot say much at this stage.”

Mark Hinton, Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=707744