Sebastian Larsson - agent confirms NUFC interest

Captain Underpants

Yes he's in the Swedish squad and hes probably going to start in the Euro because Ljungberg is so injury prone like its not even funny.

Doubt it.

The f***-wit of a manager will go for Ljunberg and Wilhelmsson on the flanks, and should Ljungberg be injured I can well see Alexanderson playing, as the "experience" is so important for him.

Mind, as all I want for the Euros is for Sweden to f*** up as much as possible, this scenario would do me.

Why? Because of the winless England vs Sweden run?

Larsson will start to the right and Ljungberg to the left. I'd like to see him here. Wonderful free kicks and a solid player who can pass the ball, something that not too many of our players are familiar with. Still think we could find someone better, if we are to replace Geremi.

Couldn't care less about the winless run about Sweden. I just really hate the Swedish national-team and that everybody keeps telling me that I should support them. I don't, and I see them in a way like my local rivals.

If Ljungberg is fit, I can't see Larsson starting for Sweden tbh. For his sake, I hope he does, as I like the lad, but I'd rather be able to take some cheap-shots against Lagerbäck and Sweden for fucking up if he don't play.

PS. I know there's not much I can say, as it'll all backfire with "still better than England!"

Guest Guinness

I'd take him, he's always looked half decent whenever I've seen him play. For those saying he's not good enough it might be worth considering his age, he's still young and has the potential to develop into a decent player IMO.

Not good enough!

Average at best, wouldn't take us to the next level. We have plenty of squad players, we need players who are going to make a big difference to our first team.

I'd agree with that.  He was one that Wenger was happy to let go and that says everything about him imo.

Yeah, just like Bentley.

IIRC, Wenger wanted Bentley to sign a new contract, Bentley wanted guaranteed playing time that Wenger couldn't provide so he was sold.  Larsson was sold irrespective of the fact that he wanted to have a new contract.

Guest kingdawson

Muamba was also another player, Wenger was happy to get rid off. He looks the business now though.

As for Larsson, he'd be a very good squad player for you lot i think. Bum raped us on both games with Brum this season...

Guest Stephen927

Muamba was also another player, Wenger was happy to get rid off. He looks the business now though.

As for Larsson, he'd be a very good squad player for you lot i think. Bum raped us on both games with Brum this season...

Realistically, would Muamba get into the Arsenal team?

Guest kingdawson

Realistically, would Muamba get into the Arsenal team?

hellllllllllllllll no, but he'd get into a lot of teams in this league. Very able player with bags of energy.

Regarding Larsson, yes please. Right age, Premiership experience, good potential, available at a good price and probably won't command excessive wages. I can see us replacing Emre with him, and even though he has less natural ability than the little Turk, it would still be a good swap simply because Larsson will offer us more in terms of reliability.

Guest kingdawson

Muamba and Larsson for £6m. :D

That would be a bargain mate. Im sure with Birminghams not so good financial situation, you could exploit them a bit too.

Good player at set pieces, good passer. Good squad player if the fee isn't too high. Will not start for Sweden in the euros, Will play Ljungberg on the left and Wilhelmsson on the right. Does lack pace to beat his man. Still a good player but not good enough for the our first team imo, well that depends on how high we're aiming.

Definitely buy. Squad player? He's a lot better than Geremi, at least as good as Milner, yonks better than Smith and beats Barton by not being in jail alone. As good as/better than what we have. Would like to see what hes capable of as part of a better team than Birmingham.

Definitely buy. Squad player? He's a lot better than Geremi, at least as good as Milner, yonks better than Smith and beats Barton by not being in jail alone. As good as/better than what we have. Would like to see what hes capable of as part of a better team than Birmingham.

Could be a good buy. But buying a player just to be as good or better than Geremi or Milner doesn't say much imo. Has to be clearly better than them by a distance imo..And at this moment Larsson isn't "much" better, could become in the future. But i would look elsewhere if we were to sign the player for the first team...

Could be a good buy. But buying a player just to be as good or better than Geremi or Milner doesn't say much imo. Has to be clearly better than them by a distance imo..And at this moment Larsson isn't "much" better, could become in the future. But i would look elsewhere if we were to sign the player for the first team...

There's no saying he will come in for the first team though, I think it's likely he'll come in (if we're interested) as part of the squad with the big wage earners moving on instead of being on the bench.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

We need a bigger squad so I can't see the harm in buying a young player with Premiership and national team experience for £3-5m. I'd rather have him for £3m then SWP, Lennon or Pennant for £10m especially if the club only have the reported £20m to spend this summer.

There's no saying he will come in for the first team though, I think it's likely he'll come in (if we're interested) as part of the squad with the big wage earners moving on instead of being on the bench.

As a squad player to begin with i wouldn't mind him at all. Would probably earn his wages alot more than many other players at the club..

Guest Heneage

Distinctly average player who caused Enrique no trouble at St Andrews. Yes he's versatile but he's average in all positions, I want players that stand chance of taking the club forward, Kapo is one of them.

He was the best player on the pitch until he went off injured.

Sorry what? McFadden and Zarate were alot more dangerous.

I would rather have SWP for £10m. We still need to improve the team as well as build the squad.

The problem with a winger like SWP is he can't play in midfield in the 4-3-1-2 we've been using lately where as a more technical wide man can.

Distinctly average player who caused Enrique no trouble at St Andrews. Yes he's versatile but he's average in all positions, I want players that stand chance of taking the club forward, Kapo is one of them.

McFadden could be argued I guess but Zarate was only on for 10 mins and did fuck all bar shooting into row z. Nonetheless Larsson was very much Brum's creative spark in midfield and they didn't look the same when he came off.

McFadden could be argued I guess but Zarate was only on for 10 mins and did fuck all bar shooting into row z. Nonetheless Larsson was very much Brum's creative spark in midfield and they didn't look the same when he came off.

Zarate didn't get onto the pitch until the 86th minute.