Sebastian Larsson - agent confirms NUFC interest

Captain Underpants

Guest Heneage

Distinctly average player who caused Enrique no trouble at St Andrews. Yes he's versatile but he's average in all positions, I want players that stand chance of taking the club forward, Kapo is one of them.

He was the best player on the pitch until he went off injured.

Sorry what? McFadden and Zarate were alot more dangerous.

McFadden could be argued I guess but Zarate was only on for 10 mins and did f*** all bar shooting into row z. Nonetheless Larsson was very much Brum's creative spark in midfield and they didn't look the same when he came off.

Zarate didn't get onto the pitch until the 86th minute.

Your point being? I still felt alot more nervous watching him on the ball than Larsson, same with McFadden, who btw not only scored their goal but was toying with Enrique for much of the game.

Distinctly average player who caused Enrique no trouble at St Andrews. Yes he's versatile but he's average in all positions, I want players that stand chance of taking the club forward, Kapo is one of them.

McFadden could be argued I guess but Zarate was only on for 10 mins and did f*** all bar shooting into row z. Nonetheless Larsson was very much Brum's creative spark in midfield and they didn't look the same when he came off.

Your point being? I still felt alot more nervous watching him on the ball than Larsson, same with McFadden, who btw not only scored their goal but was toying with Enrique for much of the game.

Because you felt more nervous that means he did more? :D

I could see him doing a job in Martins position and it would mean we arent so restricted to that formation.

We're not restricted to that formation though but having the players already on the pitch gives Keegan the option to change formation if things are going badly.

He probably could do a job in Martins position but he isn't as good as Martins there so would only be back up.

Guest Heneage

Yes :p, Larsson alot of huff and puff no real product, he's scored one wonder goal against spurs and a few freekicks, not earth shattering. Backwards signing.

I know he can hit a great direct free kick but what are the rest of his set pieces like?

For £2-3m I'd definitely take him like as a squad player. You can barely buy an average Championship player for that these days and he's impressed me whenever I've seen him, the game at St Andrew's turned round when he went off.

I was nervous too but that was because I didn't want us to throw the game away like we did against Blackburn, nothing to do with Zarate being a more dangerous player.

For me Larsson pulled the strings for Birmingham in the first half until he got clattered.

I know he can hit a great direct free kick but what are the rest of his set pieces like?

For £2-3m I'd definitely take him like as a squad player. You can barely buy an average Championship player for that these days and he's impressed me whenever I've seen him, the game at St Andrew's turned round when he went off.

Again i don't want us to buy squad players, but £3m players of his talent and versatility will come in useful for us, and gives us chance to get rid of some of the older players who are not working out.

We need to youthen (if there's such a word) the team, and we need or sqaud players to be in his kind of mould, not the £60kpw Duff who does fukk all and is nearly 30.

Would be a good signing for us.We dont have many right sided midfielders and I reckon Larsson is as good as Milner from what I seen last season anyways.Get him and Zarate from Brum and that wouldnt be a bad start.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Swedish channel TV4 we've had a £4m bid for Larsson turned down. They just mentioned it speaking about Swedens game against Greece on Tuesday. Apparently they want to wait and hope that they can get more money if he has a successful tournament..

dunno if this has been said, but at TV4 (Swedish TV channel) just before the match between Germany and Poland, the Swedish commentators said Newcastle have lunched a 50 million SEK bid for Larsson. (about £4,25 million using this converter http://coinmill.com/GBP_SEK.html#SEK=50000000).

Nah mate, first I've heard of it.

:lol:

Two posts above ffs.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

According to Swedish channel TV4 we've had a £4m bid for Larsson turned down. They just mentioned it speaking about Swedens game against Greece on Tuesday. Apparently they want to wait and hope that they can get more money if he has a successful tournament..

might also been this though... didn't pay much attention as I was talking to my friends...

Surprised that they even mentioned it, atleast here in Norway they don't cover Newcastle well at all.

might also been this though... didn't pay much attention as I was talking to my friends...

Surprised that they even mentioned it, atleast here in Norway they don't cover Newcastle well at all.

I see why we arent making bids atm, everyone is rejecting in the hope to get more after euros, why push up the market value ????