Sebastian Larsson - agent confirms NUFC interest

Captain Underpants

Towelie has a very British name iirc.

Forgive my ignorance btw, but I once read somewhere that in Sweden, children take their surnames from their fathers, so Anders son is called Andersson etc.

So if Towelie has a child in Sweden would he be called Towelieson, or is there a work around these days?

Nope, used to be like that a long time ago, like in the middle-ages or something like that (history is not my best subject :razz:).

Pretty sure Iceland still uses that system though.

Yup Bjarni Gudjonsson's dad is Gudjon Thodarsson (ex Stoke manager)

Henrik Larsson AND Niclas Alexandersson are both starting today. They're both 37. Also, Källström is on the bench, Lagerbäck is starting Daniel Andersson, younger brother of Patrik Andersson(former Bayern München and Barcelona)...this guy is one of the worst midfielders in the history of man kind.

Henrik Larsson AND Niclas Alexandersson are both starting today. They're both 37. Also, Källström is on the bench, Lagerbäck is starting Daniel Andersson, younger brother of Patrik Andersson(former Bayern München and Barcelona)...this guy is one of the worst midfielders in the history of man kind.

:idiot2:

Towelie has a very British name iirc.

Forgive my ignorance btw, but I once read somewhere that in Sweden, children take their surnames from their fathers, so Anders son is called Andersson etc.

So if Towelie has a child in Sweden would he be called Towelieson, or is there a work around these days?

Nope, used to be like that a long time ago, like in the middle-ages or something like that (history is not my best subject :razz:).

Pretty sure Iceland still uses that system though.

Yup Bjarni Gudjonsson's dad is Gudjon Thodarsson (ex Stoke manager)

My newborn son is sturluson  O0

We will always used that system in Iceland.

Wilhelmsson went off with what looked like a torn hamstring last night - looks a good winger btw. I don't know if he plays in a similar position but that might mean Larsson is more likely to start next match. Would have preferred him to stay out of the spotlight tbh.

Wilhelmsson went off with what looked like a torn hamstring last night - looks a good winger btw. I don't know if he plays in a similar position but that might mean Larsson is more likely to start next match. Would have preferred him to stay out of the spotlight tbh.

Well his debut in a big tournament will be against Spain so i guess that Sweden wont have alot of the ball. And Wilhelmsson will be out for about 5 weeks and Sebastian is the natural choice to replace him on the right side of midfield. Unless they put Källström in the middle with D. Andersson and Anders Svensson out on the right, but i cant imagine that he will do that,

Well his debut in a big tournament will be against Spain so i guess that Sweden wont have alot of the ball. And Wilhelmsson will be out for about 5 weeks and Sebastian is the natural choice to replace him on the right side of midfield. Unless they put Källström in the middle with D. Andersson and Anders Svensson out on the right, but i cant imagine that he will do that,

Mellberg as RB and move Alexandersson up ;)

Nah, Seb will play against Spain.

Wilhelmsson looked like he was playing on the left yesterday. Isn't he left footed?

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Alexandersson will miss tomorrows game against Spain and Whilhemsson is out for the rest of the tournament. Therefor I hope both Larsson and Stoor will be playing tomorrow. But if I know Lagerbäck he probably won't risk it with both of them so I'm expecting one of them to start on the bench.

BTW Stoor might be worth a shot. I haven't seen him play for Roesenborg but my best mate who supports the team he came through at here in Sweden keeps going on and on about how great he is going to be. I've also been impressed by him when he's played for the national team (eight times if I'm not mistaken). With Beye only having 2-3 years left to go he could be an ideal option. Especially if we buy Larsson as they have played together in our U-21 team and now in the senior squad and have a great partnership on the right wing. I might be clutching at straws but since he would be on the cheap and only 24 years old I see no harm in getting him in as a back up. Anyway he's worth keeping an eye on in tomorrows game against Spain.

Fantastic. Hopefully the Swedes will get knocked out before he gets on the pitch. No hard feelings to any Sweden fans here, I just don't want him in the shop window if we are after him.

By the way, did anyone else notice Elmaander for Sweden this afternoon, excellent control and technique with some style and pace. Had Spain worried quite a few times, petered out in the second half but a great game.

Worth a shout? Anyone know whre he plays?

P.S. he's a winger...

No, Elmander is usually a striker, but played out of position today. I think they choose him ahead of Seb Larsson because of his work rate.

Guest Jawesome

P.S. he's a winger...

No, Elmander is usually a striker, but played out of position today. I think they choose him ahead of Seb Larsson because he's a better player.

FYP.

• 4 weeks later...