Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

He might be a decent player and better than what we have, but 7 or so games a season with one or two being of notable performance isn't good enough, its crap.

He was s**** at Inter BTW, only the Turkish hangers on thought anything of him, we were the club taking a chance on him with his injuries, the next team to do so are thick as pig s***.

You know he won player of the year at Inter.

Madness, all the Inter fan on another used i used to go on were laughing at us for paying money for him. It's why i've never held much hope for him from the off.

Wikipedia says he won it in 02-03.

I was a big fan of Emre at Inter and still am tbh. When he plays at his best, Emre's as good as playmakers come. Should be given games pre-season and then evaluated on those before being replaced/sold imo - I think he could do us good next season, certainly capable enough and could save a bit of money which could be used on other areas of the squad.

he's on too much money, he's rarely fit, and he's had too many next seasons. we wait till next season and we may not be able to get any money for him at all. get shot now, save us a bit of money, which can go towards bringing some real quality into the side.

If we do sell Emre, which I hope we don't, it should be after the Euro's and not before - Emre dictates most of Turkey's attacking play so a good tournament for him and Turkey would see his value rise far above what it is now.

I still think a Michael Owen-esque resurgence could be on the cards for Emre, but only time will tell.

Because he has things in his locker other players don't have, touch, vision and technique. Are you telling me you'd rather have Barton, Butt or Geremi playing through-balls over Emre? He's also got a fantastic reputation in Europe has played and done well at one of the biggest clubs in the world and can simply do things in our team that no-one else can.

Just because he's suffered with injury a fair bit in the past (as have many people under the previous regimes) doesn't mean he can't be fully fit and reach his potential at the club. I know at this point of the season we're supposed to be negative about all our current players and think everyone we bring in is going to be the answer, but sometimes you can ignore the answers slightly closer to home.

The most used things in his locker are the injury excuse book and the sick note, if he goes and we get a fee then we've done well.  Emre has turned out to have been a terrible signing.

Was the same for Owen for the first two and a half season with us, yet he seems to have managed to turn a lot of people around in the past 6 months. No way of knowing whether Emre would have been able to do the same..

Because he has things in his locker other players don't have, touch, vision and technique. Are you telling me you'd rather have Barton, Butt or Geremi playing through-balls over Emre? He's also got a fantastic reputation in Europe has played and done well at one of the biggest clubs in the world and can simply do things in our team that no-one else can.

Just because he's suffered with injury a fair bit in the past (as have many people under the previous regimes) doesn't mean he can't be fully fit and reach his potential at the club. I know at this point of the season we're supposed to be negative about all our current players and think everyone we bring in is going to be the answer, but sometimes you can ignore the answers slightly closer to home.

The most used things in his locker are the injury excuse book and the sick note, if he goes and we get a fee then we've done well.  Emre has turned out to have been a terrible signing.

Was the same for Owen for the first two and a half season with us, yet he seems to have managed to turn a lot of people around in the past 6 months. No way of knowing whether Emre would have been able to do the same..

Emre has been here longer than Owen and still shows no sign of an apetite to get off the treatment table and play for the club.

It's possible that he could do an Owen but I doubt it, I'd rather take the cash than the chance.

Emre has been here longer than Owen and still shows no sign of an apetite to get off the treatment table and play for the club.

By less than a month - how does that make a difference?

Maybe if Emre had been given a more definite role in the team under Allardyce he'd have this 'appetite' to play for the team - having the likes of Smith picked above you hardly shows you're wanted within the squad or gives you an incentive to play better.

Guest Alex20

On Fenerbahce's TV channel FBTV they said that they reached an agreement with Newcastle and that they are currently negotiating with Emre's agent.

they've both been here for 3 seasons actually. emre's played over 80 games for us in that time, Owen's played less than 50.

I like Emre a lot as a player but he's fuck all use when he's never on the pitch. If you could guarantee at least 30 games a season from him, I'd keep him in a flash but otherwise he's of no use.

I like Emre a lot as a player but he's fuck all use when he's never on the pitch. If you could guarantee at least 30 games a season from him, I'd keep him in a flash but otherwise he's of no use.

:thup: our best midfielder when fit but don't think his heart is in it so best to get rid. going to need to be replaced despite what people say tho.

By less than a month - how does that make a difference?

Maybe if Emre had been given a more definite role in the team under Allardyce he'd have this 'appetite' to play for the team - having the likes of Smith picked above you hardly shows you're wanted within the squad or gives you an incentive to play better.

If Owen hadn't proved himself of value to the club last season, then the same would be said about him, if an offer arrived.

He's had every opportunity to shine, but failed to do that by not being able to stay fit. All 4 of his manager's have picked him when they've had a chance to. James hit the nail on the head early with the career of Emre.

The bloke's on 60k a week, do you think he's done anything to remotely justify taking over 9 Million plus signing on fee out of the club so far ? Has he got a year left on his contract if so then that's another 3mill !

Guest JamesyJazz

He did display the occasional  flash of an all too sporadic talent on the pitch.Not enough though imho.

If we can get a decent deal then great.Were we not tracking a Turkish based player quite recently?Maybe an exchange in the offing?

Guest Alex20

Reported fee of 5.5 M euro, not bad, not bad at all. Combined with the wages that'll be off the books I'm quite happy tbh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

On their website. http://www.fenerbahce.org/eng/

:tickedoff:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Lets hope those personal terms can be sorted out.

If they can afford Carlos and Anelka i think Emre's terms will be manageable

they've both been here for 3 seasons actually. emre's played over 80 games for us in that time, Owen's played less than 50.

If those figures are correct he has almost figured 30 matches a season, which is not exactly bad going. Just goes to show how short people´s memories are. Which isn´t to say Emre isn´t injury prone, but let´s not pretend Owen is any different..

On their website. http://www.fenerbahce.org/eng/

:tickedoff:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Lets hope those personal terms can be sorted out.

A bit sad really. We sell Emre, a talented football player, for less than we paid for our two talentless midfield grafters last season and you feel it´s a reason to celebrate? I´ll reserve judgement until I see us replacing him with someone better. For now I feel we´ve just gone backwards another step, and our squad already was paper thin..

Guest VegasToon

Damn...I forgot Emre was still with us.  It seems like ages since the last time I have seen him play.