Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Guest pont-toon

was that pic taken at his Gatesheed penthouse ?

and is that a tupperware box full of scotch eggs that have gone off ?

Aye a penthouse that needs its window ledges painting has more iron on it and around it than Borstal and boasts plastic seats with a combined worth of a quid.

Olives. Yack.

Where'd you get that photo from?

When i find out any details i will let you know.

Eh?

Its doing the net rounds, trying to find out if it mean owt or not.

Guest pont-toon

Aye a penthouse that needs its window ledges painting has more iron on it and around it than Borstal and boasts plastic seats with a combined worth of a quid.

an apt description for a Gateshead penthouse :thup:

Olives. Yack.

Where'd you get that photo from?

When i find out any details i will let you know.

Eh?

Its doing the net rounds, trying to find out if it mean owt or not.

He's wearing an old Fener shirt.

Lee Ryder's obvioulsy reading this thread:- just appeared.

Emre quits Toon

May 30 2008 By Lee Ryder

NEWCASTLE UNITED have parted company with Turkish ace Emre tonight according to reports in Istanbul.

The diminutive star is currently preparing for Euro 2008 with Turkey in Austria and Switzerland but sources at Fenerbahce tonight claim the Turkish Superliga giants have made the midfielder their first major signing of the summer.

A statement on Fenerbahce's official wesbite tonight said: "Fenerbahce reached an agreement with Newcastle United in order to sign the Turkish superstar Emre Belozoglu."

The player arrived on Tyneside during the Graeme Souness era from Inter Milan for £3.8million and won a place in the hearts of the Toon Army after a stunning free-kick won the derby in 2005 at St James's Park in a 3-2 victory.

Feel quite sad that he's gone, simply because I liked him as a player.

All those who have summed it up nicely already are right though - he's injured far too much for me to be adequately upset by his loss.

Good luck to him, have no hard feelings for him at all.

Guest ObaStar

http://www.fenerbahce.org/eng/detay.asp?ContentID=1857

Fenerbahce reached an agreement with Newcastle United in order to sign the Turkish superstar Emre Belozoglu and make him become a canary.

About Emre:

Emre Belozoglu is one of the most accomplished Turkish players of all time, and also a member of the Turkish National Team, which he helped to a third-place finish at the World Cup 2002. In 2004, Emre was selected to the FIFA 100 by Pelé as one of the 125 best living footballers. On July 14, 2005 Belözo?lu left Inter and moved to Newcastle United.

makes our need for creativity in the middle even greater (not that he ever played like), we literally dont have anyone in that position now.

i'm pretty sure he would have been paid a hefty wage though, and he certainly didn't justify it.

already said this but his ankle holding use to do my fucking nut in.

on the whole, he did nowt.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

no great surprise to any of us really is it, moved for religious reasons, hope the lad goes on and does well, never did us any harm playing wise or morale wise, thanks for the effort

no great surprise to any of us really is it, moved for religious reasons, hope the lad goes on and does well, never did us any harm playing wise or morale wise, thanks for the effort

religious reasons?

So what's the fee then?

an ammount of money paid by one party to another for a service or commodity....but thats not important right now.

sorry!  watched airplane at work earlier.

makes our need for creativity in the middle even greater (not that he ever played like), we literally dont have anyone in that position now.

i'm pretty sure he would have been paid a hefty wage though, and he certainly didn't justify it.

already said this but his ankle holding use to do my f***ing nut in.

on the whole, he did nowt.

Aye, even if someone hit him on the head he'd roll around clutching his ankle, did my head in an all.

And Religious reasons? Eh? He wasn't by any means the only Muslim in the team, surely Beye and Faye are too?

His wages meant he was poor value for money and exactly the sort of player to be rid of. Transfer fees are of secondary importance. We can sign a much better player with the headroom that will provide.