Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Guest elpapi

Hey guys, I'm Nathan - the Editor of www.fenerbahceworldwide.org - the English/Turkish/Portugese fan site for Fenerbahce.  And no, I'm not Turkish.  I made a few calls earlier tonight and this appears to be 90% official, if not more.  I spoke with some contacts at the club and it does appear to be that Emre has the final say, however, it does appear to be a done-deal.  One reason is that Fenerbahce NEVER confirms a deal on their website until it is official.  In fact, they have a history of denying deals up until the last minute.  The club denied any contact with Roberto Carlos just days before we signed him, although we had been negotiating for over a year. 

I'm not sure why the English media hasn't taken off with this yet.  It's certainly all over the Turkish news.  I think all of us Fener fans are a bit shocked, to be honest.  Yes, Emre was a star at our rivals, Galatasaray, but he has also made some comments in the past that led us to believe he would never, ever come to Fener.  To the previous poster, don't expect Galatasaray to try to match the Fener deal.  It's not a knock on Galatasaray, but they don't have the money to compete in the transfer market.  It's a shame really, as they are still a fantastic club and the reigning champs in Turkey.

I'll post more details on the deal as soon as I hear more from credible sources.  I am really sorry that you guys had to hear the news from the Turkish media.  Newcastle is still one of the world's great clubs - don't worry too much.  You have too much history and success to sweat losing one player like Emre. 

Well, what about a cash+emre offer for Arda Turan? Galatasaray get the turkish football star and former player plus money for their most valuable asset. Emre can join 'his team', assumining that's right and Arda can move to the Premier League, which he mentioned some while ago... just a thought though

Guest FenerbahceWorldwide

Thanks, Delima.  I appreciate the warm welcome.  I'm an American and didn't grow up watching and appreciating football (like most Americans), but I've enjoyed following Newcastle since I began watching several years back.  I appreciate the comments that all of the NU fans have posted - it's a great reflection on your fan base.

I think we'll know a lot more details about the Emre situation by Sunday.

Guest FenerbahceWorldwide

elpapi, that sounds like a reasonable offer, but I don't think it's realistic.  First, I do think the Emre-to-Fener deal is at least 90% finished, if not more.  Secondly, I don't know that Emre would return to Galatasaray because his legacy is established there.  I don't know - I could be wrong.  Honestly, I always thought that if Emre ever did return to Turkey, it would be to Galatasaray.  Like I said previously, we Fener fans are all still in a bit of shock to be honest.  Our foreign player limit in Turkey has us keeping our eyes on every decent Turkish footballer out there, and we've been rumoured in transfer speculation with most of them.  Except Emre.  He's the one Turkish footballer that most of us didn't really think would ever be at Fener.  Just a year ago it was Emre who supposedly talked Tuncay Sanli out of re-signing with Fener and going to Middlesbrough. 

I remember when we signed him, some Turkish lad who was a fan of his came on here saying he would play no more than 15-20 games a year max and that we would be frustrated by him. Iirc he was told to fuck off but he was spot on.

Great feet and he brought us some joy in his sporadic performances but far too many times he didnt come up to standards required. I personally think he doesnt have the positional awareness or reading of the game needed for this league. Flattered to deceive tbh.

Best of luck to him at Fener though.

Obviously injury prone so not his fault. Had moments of brilliance but more often than not he was trying to get fit so never saw the best of him. Maybe in a less competitive league he'll get less injuries and get back to playing regular football. Getting our money back for him isn't a bad deal.

Emre hasnt even had a chance to play under keegan yet either ...>>> fuck me i think this is stupid.  We would allways get that transfer fee from turkey.... Why not try and let him come good under keegan.

Because we need to lower the wage bill - getting rid of a player with no bottle for a fight is a marvellous bit of business.

Hopefully Smith, Geremi and Martins will follow.

Emre hasnt even had a chance to play under keegan yet either ...>>> f*** me i think this is stupid.  We would allways get that transfer fee from turkey.... Why not try and let him come good under keegan.

Because we need to lower the wage bill - getting rid of a player with no bottle for a fight is a marvellous bit of business.

Not exactly in a agreement with that tbh, I do remember him acting gingerly in the games he was returning from injury. But his fight and passion was one of the main reason's alot of fans took to him. Agree with the rest like (bar Martins).

I personally think he doesnt have the positional awareness or reading of the game needed for this league. Flattered to deceive tbh.

This was the frustrating thing about Emre. He had the ability to do better here, but he played too much like an individual. At times he was like an eager little puppy dog, chasing around to get involved, and then he didn't have the energy to get back into position. His efforts seemed to come in bursts, and for an experienced player, he was a bit naive.

I personally think he doesnt have the positional awareness or reading of the game needed for this league. Flattered to deceive tbh.

This was the frustrating thing about Emre. He had the ability to do better here, but he played too much like an individual. At times he was like an eager little puppy dog, chasing around to get involved, and then he didn't have the energy to get back into position. His efforts seemed to come in bursts, and for an experienced player, he was a bit naive.

Opposition knew he had a dodgy ankle and would 'tackle' accordingly.

Guest teepee

thanks for the info nathan

as for emre - i actually think he would fit in perfectly on the left side of a three man midfield.

but i think his time here is over, and i do expect him to leave this summer... good luck to him.

and btw, i also really like the arda + cash swap idea...

Emre hasnt even had a chance to play under keegan yet either ...>>> fuck me i think this is stupid.  We would allways get that transfer fee from turkey.... Why not try and let him come good under keegan.

Smith, Duff and Butt would be my ideal departures. No slight on Butt's efforts but this is the type of player who typify a club going nowhere.

Emre has been a liability here, but I'm sure he'll do well at Fener.

9m euros is what some Turkish lad is telling me.

I came.

:lol:

turkish websites reporting anything from 5million euros (4million quid) to 7million euros (5.5million quid)

9 million is just plain daft

is freddy shepherd now at Fenerbache ! (oops, i've started something now)

on a Fenerbache forum I`ve been looking at they say he cost them 4.3m quid

Emre hasnt even had a chance to play under keegan yet either ...>>> f*** me i think this is stupid.  We would allways get that transfer fee from turkey.... Why not try and let him come good under keegan.

I understand we have to lower the wage bill, i just would of gone about it in a different way is all.

at times hes been my favourite player at the club, put everything into his performances and had genuine talent. Basically if his injury record wasn't so bad he'd be here for a few more years.

Ciao emre and good luck. Now, time to get in replacements........

I'm glad KK is will to get rid of Emre, a talented player but who never offered enough to the team due to injury.

It holds well in his future assessments of Duff, Viduka & Smith for me.

You'll admit you were wrong to suggest the club were doing nothing behind the scenes then, and that you can't rely on the newspapers to tell you what is happening, Toon's Taylor (and others)?

We knew nowt about this at all, and it clears a high earner from the wage bill in a move most are happy about.

You'll admit you were wrong to suggest the club were doing nothing behind the scenes then, and that you can't rely on the newspapers to tell you what is happening, Toon's Taylor (and others)?

We knew nowt about this at all, and it clears a high earner from the wage bill in a move most are happy about.

They've nearly moved one player out, its not exactly giant steps but i am happy with it.

Bringing in a replacement is going to be the tough part, lets hope we don't leave it too late, although Emre's replacement can wait until the next window as much good as Emre did for the team.