Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Sky have reported the story: -

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3632408,00.html

Fenerbahce have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Emre from Newcastle, according to the Turkish club.

The Turkey international, who is currently preparing for Euro 2008, is expected to sign a three-year contract early next week.

Emre moved to St James' Park from Internazionale for £3.8million in July 2005, but now appears to be surplus to requirements for Toon boss Kevin Keegan.

Agreement

A statement on the Turkish club's official website said: "Fenerbahce reached an agreement with Newcastle United in order to sign the Turkish superstar Emre Belozoglu."

Fenerbahce also confirmed on their television network FPTV that they are now in talks with the former Galatasary player and his representatives as they look to secure his services.

Emre made 46 league starts during his three-year stint on Tyneside, but was unable to consistently display his undoubted talents in the Premier League.

Fenerbahce have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Emre from Newcastle, according to the Turkish club.

The Turkey international, who is currently preparing for Euro 2008, is expected to sign a three-year contract early next week.

Emre moved to St James' Park from Internazionale for £3.8million in July 2005, but now appears to be surplus to requirements for Toon boss Kevin Keegan.

Agreement

A statement on the Turkish club's official website said: "Fenerbahce reached an agreement with Newcastle United in order to sign the Turkish superstar Emre Belozoglu."

Fenerbahce also confirmed on their television network FPTV that they are now in talks with the former Galatasary player and his representatives as they look to secure his services.

Emre made 46 league starts during his three-year stint on Tyneside, but was unable to consistently display his undoubted talents in the Premier League.

Terrible.

He goes with my thanks for some really great performances and great goals (that one in particular) but didn't do it anywhere near often enough, mainly through not being on the sodding pitch.

Thanks for being shit hot on Pro Evo too.

If we're getting back what we paid or more, we're laughing.

He goes with my thanks for some really great performances and great goals (that one in particular) but didn't do it anywhere near often enough, mainly through not being on the sodding pitch.

Thanks for being shit hot on Pro Evo too.

Just a shame he's took triple that off us in wages.

Agreement

Terrible.

That´s not so bad considering the idiots that we had managing the team at times felt players like Amdy Faye and Alan Smith would offer more in midfield.. How many starts has Owen got in that time?

Agreement

Terrible.

That´s not so bad considering the idiots that we had managing the team at times felt players like Amdy Faye and Alan Smith would offer more in midfield.. How many starts has Owen got in that time?

When did either of those ever get picked consistently ahead of Emre? Very little to do with selection, very much to do with his injury record.

Agreement

Terrible.

Those idiots didn't get a chance to play him he was injured FFS.  :rolleyes:

And don't use Owen as a comparison, i'm not too thrilled with his injury record either, but at least we got a string of games and goals out of him at the end of this season.

Emre hasnt even had a chance to play under keegan yet either ...>>> f*** me i think this is stupid.  We would allways get that transfer fee from turkey.... Why not try and let him come good under keegan.

Because we need to lower the wage bill - getting rid of a player with no bottle for a fight is a marvellous bit of business.

Hopefully Smith, Geremi and Martins will follow.

Not exactly in a agreement with that tbh, I do remember him acting gingerly in the games he was returning from injury. But his fight and passion was one of the main reason's alot of fans took to him. Agree with the rest like (bar Martins).

spot on, we could be 4-0 down and emre and martins were the only 2 that were ever noticably trying till the last minute. those guys didnt try and hide when things went bad.

Thanks for being s*** hot on Pro Evo too.

You´re going on like he robbed us ffs. Do you expect players to come play for us for nothing? I can think of a dozen players in our squad who´ve done less to earn their wages.

You´re going on like he robbed us ffs. Do you expect players to come play for us for nothing? I can think of a dozen players in our squad who´ve done less to earn their wages.

Oh shut up you little tart.

You´re pathetic the way you´re going on. I´ve said this before in another context to somebody else, but you´re going on like the player bumped your girlfriend. I can´t personally see a reason for celebrating another talented player who has left this club after failing to offer us what we know he´s capable off.

Edit, oh I see you removed that reply. Internet hardman turned bottler then..

The bad thing about losing Emre, is that Newcastle have just four current representatives in the top 25 nations: Rozehnal, Owen, Geremi, Emre, and two will be gone by the start of next season.

Embarassing for the 15th richest club in the world.

Guest neesy111

good player on his day but he had very very little of them

6 goals in 3 seasons, some defenders would be disappointed with that

it's hardly that we missed him this season as well

another 5 million in the kitty and a very high earner off the wage bill

finally we don't let go of good players and recieve nowt for them

I've been dissapointed with Emre.

Since signing he has showed glimpses of sheer class but ultimatly has failed to deliver the goods. Injured far too much and hampered by poor form. Whenever I saw him play he seemed like he cared and would fight for the cause but he didnt seem like the creative type. He has never been a creative midfielder, he was always a tenacious little thing.

I was delighted when he came, he was one of the best midfielders in the world when at Galatasary and I was hoping he could rekindle his form that saw him voted as one of the 100 greatest living footballers. Personally if I was Keegan i would have hung on to him as we now have a dangerous lack of depth in our squad. If Keegan did want to sell him why didnt he wait till after the euro's? Because the chances are Emre will go and have a great tournemant and we could have sold himfor more than we did to Fener.

Does anyone know the fee? Anyway if Emre has gone we need to get replacements in and soon.

Guest neesy111

What? We´ve been crying out for a midfielder with some quality on the ball for the entire season man!

well he didn't play so we didn't miss him

What? We´ve been crying out for a midfielder with some quality on the ball for the entire season man!

well he didn't play so we didn't miss him

Right, that makes sense..  :crazy2:

You´re pathetic the way you´re going on. I´ve said this before in another context to somebody else, but you´re going on like the player bumped your girlfriend. I can´t personally see a reason for celebrating another talented player who has left this club after failing to offer us what we know he´s capable off.

No just think you are a little spastic and not worth it, just like Emre and his wages.

Tosser.

No just think you are a little spastic and not worth it, just like Emre and his wages.

Tosser.

Hahaha

Guest neesy111

what is the point in keeping a player

that plays a 1/3 of games, hardly scores, earns massive wages and is a bottler

TT/Unbelievable:

Leave it there please fellas. You've both said your piece, you both disagree, no need for it to get personal. :weep:

It's a lovely day outside by the looks of it (I've just got up like), no need for all this hostility.

:aww:

So it's all transpired now that this isn't actually "official" then? That Nathan chap said his was a fansite, not the real deal.

Could still go a bit Pete Tong.

The only slightly annoying thing about selling Emre is if we were willing to sell him why didn't we announce that we are putting him on the transfer list to try to generate a bidding war between interested clubs? Do clubs not announce players they are willing to sell anymore?

what is the point in keeping a player

that plays a 1/3 of games, hardly scores, earns massive wages and is a bottler

There wouldn´t be a point in keeping such a player, except your description doesn´t really apply to Emre. He has played over 25 games a season on average for us, scored and created more goals than any of our other central midfield players in his time here and played at his best when the pressure was on, scoring some important, matchwinning goals in the process..

So it's all transpired now that this isn't actually "official" then? That Nathan chap said his was a fansite, not the real deal.

Could still go a bit Pete Tong.

SkySports.com reckon:

"A statement on the Turkish club's official website said: "Fenerbahce reached an agreement with Newcastle United in order to sign the Turkish superstar Emre Belozoglu.""

EDIT: Here we gan - http://www.fenerbahce.org/eng/detay.asp?ContentID=1857