Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

All the PL clubs are much richer - so are we & the big 4 have pulled away. FS couldn't take us further, SJH said MA was the man. Up to this point he hasn't showed it. We got to be The Entertainers by speculating when KK was in charge & we were a team players wanted to join.  You accept that others clubs are a bigger attraction than us. So, in the absence of having to pay over the odds for top players to imporve us just how do you think we are going to improve?

Please don't say give it 2 or 3 years and let the new policy of young cheap players kick; that is not going to happen unless we improve the first 11 now & that will take money.

Ashley paid off £70 million and has had £25 million of failed bids for players while not having sponsorship income to spend, he's doing his best to bring about an improvement.

I can't understand how you can say that he hasn't shown it yet.  He's already said that he's not in it for the money so the extra cash that the club now has by not servicing debt is available to spend on whatever the club wants.

link ?

no, the old board also appointed Keegan.

2nd attempt. Do you think Keegan will do under Ashley that he did under the Halls and Shepherd. Do you want a wager on it ?

Also, see my sig. YOU didn't want him back either  mackems.gif

The old board did bring Keegan here,   I think it was the idea of George Forbes as he gets the credit from Peter Malinger who was on the board at that time and Bob Young credited Forbes a while ago in the Journal.  Keegan said that he wouldn't have come back under the old board when questioned soon after his arrival this time.

As for Keegan doing better, I can't really see it because the league is much stronger now than it was when he was last here, I'll put a wager on that he doesn't, no problem.

As for your sig, I actually said:

"I think Keegan would be a daft option, he's been here and done the best he could.

I don't think he'd do any better second time round and possibly ruin his reputation amongst the fans."

I still think that and he wouldn't have been my choice when Allardyce was sacked but I'll still support him because of what he's done in the past.  And I think he's the best manager we've had since Bobby was sacked.

well, you're either making stuff up again, or you're wrong againl

link ?

Are you going to dig up any more 4 day old posts?

I don;t spend my life on here.

Does the fact that its a few days old make it irreleant or wrong  mackems.gif

Please not again.

Please.  :-[

I take the point mate, but I'm curious as to where mick saw what he says he did ?

If he can't give the link, then I'll leave it at that.

Please not again.

I take the point mate, but I'm curious as to where mick saw what he says he did ?

He's quoted in this article (I know it's the NoTW but it's direct quotes) as saying that he bought the club to "have some fun". He's not in it for the money.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1301_ashley.shtml

Now can we drop it? Please?  ???

Let's move on.

Please not again.

He's quoted in this article as saying that he bought the club to "have some fun". He's not in it for the money.

Let's move on.

just won't do...he said "if he can give the link"

He's quoted in this article (I know it's the NoTW but it's direct quotes) as saying that he bought the club to "have some fun". He's not in it for the money.

Let's move on.

It wasn't that one anyway, it was within the last couple of weeks when he was going on about his expensive seat or something like that.  It was while denying that he was trying to sell the club after the Bin Laden family were touted as new owners.

It’s too late at night to go looking for the link.

i don't think he's exclusively in it for the money as there's probably better ways to make money given such an initial outlay. but that's not to say he doesn't want to run the club as a money making venture. indeed from his comments about putting so much money in/it being an expensive seat to sit in, it looks like he doesn't want nufc to be a drain on his finances (ie putting in money for transfers) but to instead to run as an independent business in its own right.

He said last week that Newcastle is something you have to love and it is not something to make a profit on.  He doesn't want to make money from the club, but neither does he want to spend all his wedge on players.  Surely that is not too difficult to understand.  he also said (when going on about trying to get new investors) that he puts his money in at the start of the season (and was trying to encourage them to do so too).  reading between the lines it sounds like he puts some of his own money into the club (last year to pay off the debts for example) and is prepared to subsidise to some degree.  With the level of debt being a surprise I would imagine it wiped out much of the intended funds for transfers last year.  Not so sure about this year though....

• 1 month later...