Paul Ince confirmed as new Blackburn manager

Guest Coubury

So that's Dalglish, Robson, Souness and Allardyce whose managerial careers have been in/definitely crucified following stints here. Crimony.

I wouldn't include Robson in that group though.

Sure, his health has declined, but he was willing to go back into management. There was a couple of jobs that came around; Hearts sticks out. He wouldn't go there because the Chairman wanted an influence on the teamsheets and Bobby was having none of it.

Aye even Allardyce isn't desperate enough to take that job......so far anyway.

Guest Mucky01

After managing to catch a bit of Ince's MK Dons this season I was very surprised at the quality of football they played. Really good to watch but still showed a lot of desire and committment. I think he'll do well.

This surely is the final nail on the coffin for Allardyce. A young, inexperienced, league one manager hired ahead of him. Big Sam is going to have to step down to the championship in order to get back into footy management. For Blackburn to turn you down ... ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

After managing to catch a bit of Ince's MK Dons this season I was very surprised at the quality of football they played. Really good to watch but still showed a lot of desire and committment. I think he'll do well.

This surely is the final nail on the coffin for Allardyce. A young, inexperienced, league one manager hired ahead of him. Big Sam is going to have to step down to the championship in order to get back into footy management. For Blackburn to turn you down ... ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Forever a TV pundit now.

Well paid (by us) TV pundit, alongside Souness the equally well paid (by us) TV pundit.

He won't drop down, and the clubs he would demand won't accept his style and his demands. Would clubs threatened with relegation even take a chance on him once the seasons sackings are underway?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Forever a TV pundit now.

Well paid (by us) TV pundit, alongside Souness the equally well paid (by us) TV pundit.

He won't drop down, and the clubs he would demand won't accept his style and his demands. Would clubs threatened with relegation even take a chance on him once the seasons sackings are underway?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Forever a TV pundit now.

BUT HIS STATS PROVE HE IS AWESOME!

Ince has to be the favorite for the job though, right?

I'm sure I read somewhere he doesn't have the appropriate badges - can anyone confirm or deny?

I guess the coaching badge system doesn't really mean anything anymore. And to think our appointment of Roeder helped kill that system :D

The League Managers' Association would have no objections were Paul Ince to be named Blackburn manager, despite his lack of a UEFA Pro Licence.

MK Dons boss Ince is the bookies' favourite to succeed Mark Hughes in the Ewood Park hotseat but the Premier League could block his appointment due to his current lack of formal coaching qualifications.

Ince would need special dispensation to take the role, similar to that given to former England team-mate Gareth Southgate, who got the green light to manage Middlesbrough two years ago without being licensed.

The decision to allow Southgate to continue as Boro boss upset the LMA but current chief executive Richard Bevan, who was appointed in September, insists he will not lobby against Ince's appointment.

He told Sky Sports News: 'It's a Premier League rule. The Premier League has made exceptions to it in the past and that's up to them.

'From our perspective, if any manager wants help to get qualifications, either football related or non-football related, we are here to help. We would support Paul Ince if he got the Blackburn job.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=548901&cc=3436

Guest Nufc4Life

Ince has to be the favorite for the job though, right?

I'm sure I read somewhere he doesn't have the appropriate badges - can anyone confirm or deny?

I guess the coaching badge system doesn't really mean anything anymore. And to think our appointment of Roeder helped kill that system :D

The League Managers' Association would have no objections were Paul Ince to be named Blackburn manager, despite his lack of a UEFA Pro Licence.

MK Dons boss Ince is the bookies' favourite to succeed Mark Hughes in the Ewood Park hotseat but the Premier League could block his appointment due to his current lack of formal coaching qualifications.

Ince would need special dispensation to take the role, similar to that given to former England team-mate Gareth Southgate, who got the green light to manage Middlesbrough two years ago without being licensed.

The decision to allow Southgate to continue as Boro boss upset the LMA but current chief executive Richard Bevan, who was appointed in September, insists he will not lobby against Ince's appointment.

He told Sky Sports News: 'It's a Premier League rule. The Premier League has made exceptions to it in the past and that's up to them.

'From our perspective, if any manager wants help to get qualifications, either football related or non-football related, we are here to help. We would support Paul Ince if he got the Blackburn job.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=548901&cc=3436

All about the race card to be honest.

I've got no problems with black managers getting the big jobs, but can you imagine the ruckus if the LMA kicked up a fuss about Ince being appointed? He'd play the race card just like he has before. Remember when he accused Wolves of being racist when they appointed McCarthy instead?

Am sure Ince could do a decent job, and a precedent has been set before for these sort of non qualifications, but there is absolutely no chance of the LMA or any chairman kicking up a fuss about this, it would be public suicide.

All about the race card to be honest.

I've got no problems with black managers getting the big jobs, but can you imagine the ruckus if the LMA kicked up a fuss about Ince being appointed? He'd play the race card just like he has before. Remember when he accused Wolves of being racist when they appointed McCarthy instead?

Am sure Ince could do a decent job, and a precedent has been set before for these sort of non qualifications, but there is absolutely no chance of the LMA or any chairman kicking up a fuss about this, it would be public suicide.

That's valid - and I'm sure all sorts of PC types are wetting themselves with the prospect of the first black manager in the EPL too. To tell you the truth though, I didn't even consider it - I read your comments and thought "Oh yeah, he's black. That matters to some people." :lol:

Surely after Roeder, Southgate, Grant and potentially Ince the LMA and EPL need to admit that the coaching badge system is a farce. It would be impossible to object to any unqualified manager in the future - they would be rightly ridiculed.

I'm sure all sorts of PC types are wetting themselves with the prospect of the first black manager in the EPL too.

Weird how people always forget Tigana and Gullit.

I'm sure all sorts of PC types are wetting themselves with the prospect of the first black manager in the EPL too.

Weird how people always forget Tigana and Gullit.

They're not English, so obviously they don't count :p

The Wally with the Brolley has been confirmed as FC Twente manager according to TalkSport.

They are also now saying Fat Sam has withdrawn his application for the Blackburn job and Nigel Pearson is going to be Leicester's 6th manager in 15 months.

Guest Mucky01

The Wally with the Brolley has been confirmed as FC Twente manager according to TalkSport.

They are also now saying Fat Sam has withdrawn his application for the Blackburn job and Nigel Pearson is going to be Leicester's 6th manager in 15 months.

I was laughing at that on SSN just before, that ego is so deluded!

Danish medias says that Michael Laudrup is extremely interested in the Blackburn job and that he could be the leading candidate for the job.

Probably the most underrated player of all time.

Danish medias says that Michael Laudrup is extremely interested in the Blackburn job and that he could be the leading candidate for the job.

Probably the most underrated player of all time.

Yeah he was brilliant, however, I doubt that his technical way of coaching can help a midtable team in England.

mackems.gif

Fat cunt 'withdraws' his application for the Blackburn job.

Doesn't even need saying but he knew a manager with minimum experience is ahead of him and its withdrawn to save his pride.

What a wanker.

Guest Darth Toon

mackems.gif

Fat cunt 'withdraws' his application for the Blackburn job.

Doesn't even need saying but he knew a manager with minimum experience is ahead of him and its withdrawn to save his pride.

What a wanker.

Aye, Mediawatch on F365 summed it up nicely:

"A Tactical Withdrawal

'Former Bolton and Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has told Sky Sports News that he has withdrawn from the race to succeed Mark Hughes at Blackburn Rovers.'

Mediawatch has now withdrawn from the race to succeed Jay-Z in Beyonce's bed."

:)

Guest Ebolarama

I wonder how many fat idiots will be prefacing their comments about this with the immortal words "I'm not racist, but..."