Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

So basically they can't possibly win you over. Thanks for admitting it.

once again, a debateable point has passed by Dave. I hope you aren't going to accuse me of being negative, instead of replying, just because I don't think everything is a bed of roses like some.

My reply is quite clear. I also repeat. I've 1334 reasons for hoping they do what I want them to do, and what I think they should be doing.

You've not once explained what they could do in the final week to win you over. In fact you clearly pointed out that whatever they do, they should have done it earlier. So basically, you're admitting there's nothing they can do.

Thanks for the honesty. :thup:

no. You either can't read, or are choosing not to see it.

Are you saying that they have won you over ? For what exactly ? How well do you expect us to do with this current squad of players ?

NE5 has already told me that as long as they buy 2 players that cost £10 million or more each he will be happy.

Coloccini is one, he's just waiting on the other.

:lol:

I don't know what's funnier, the thought of something so basic and stupid satisfying him, or the thought of him being happy at all.

you must be easily pleased. In fact, that seems pretty obvious.

its quite clear if you think about it.

If the club had got a player [ie the front running striker we badly need] in first [which is what they should be doing] they would be in a position to let Milner go for this fee, and recoup the fee, rather than adopt a sell to buy policy....

But operating a sell to buy policy is for the smaller clubs without the fanbase. Sadly, that appears to be what many people are advocating. I realise those that haven't witnessed anything other than a board who backed their managers and tried to put the team first won't understand this new - inferior - concept.

7 days left to judgement day. Have they learned yet. I hope so, after yesterday which made the weakness in the TEAM glaringly obvious to even the blindest man or the man with his head deepest in the sand.

So are you saying it should be the board who buys the players and the manager should have nothing to do with that?

back the manager mate. Nobody will tell me that Keegan hasn't identified a few players out there who could come in and immediately improve a glaring hole in this team.

Everyone has said they would judge. Nows the time. The season has started. How well do they want the team to do ?

I believe the board have said if the right player is out there that Keegan wants they will stump up the cash. Much like how we've just broke our transfer record for a defender.

they always say that, what else would they say ?

Keegan broke the clubs transfer record for a defender the last time too, he also broke it a few times for strikers and forward players.

Its no big deal. They need to spend again, and fast.

I currently have no reason to distrust them. Like it or not at the moment we aren't the most attractive club out there and it's going to take us a while to get back to where we belong. I'd rather we bought the right players rather than just throwing money down the drain at anyone who comes along for the sake of it.

We aren't attractive at the moment for various reasons which have all been brought up before.

They need to hurry up and get Owen to re-sign though. That is for certain.

Cost btw isn't an indicator of quality, yes there is more often than not a correlation between the two, but it doesn't necessarily mean because someone cost more than someone else they are a better player. I don't care how little a player costs if he is of the right quality.

this is what I just can't agree with.

we are one of the most attractive and biggest clubs in the country. All players will know this, including the foreigners.

Dion Dublin and Jamie Redknapp said themselves, prior to the manu game, after the Keegan interview that his enthusiasm makes him a manager that any player would want to play for too.

If the club had got a player [ie the front running striker we badly need] in first [which is what they should be doing] they would be in a position to let Milner go for this fee, and recoup the fee, rather than adopt a sell to buy policy....

But operating a sell to buy policy is for the smaller clubs without the fanbase. Sadly, that appears to be what many people are advocating. I realise those that haven't witnessed anything other than a board who backed their managers and tried to put the team first won't understand this new - inferior - concept.

7 days left to judgement day. Have they learned yet. I hope so, after yesterday which made the weakness in the TEAM glaringly obvious to even the blindest man or the man with his head deepest in the sand.

So are you saying it should be the board who buys the players and the manager should have nothing to do with that?

back the manager mate. Nobody will tell me that Keegan hasn't identified a few players out there who could come in and immediately improve a glaring hole in this team.

Everyone has said they would judge. Nows the time. The season has started. How well do they want the team to do ?

I believe the board have said if the right player is out there that Keegan wants they will stump up the cash. Much like how we've just broke our transfer record for a defender.

Keegan broke the clubs transfer record for a defender the last time too, he also broke it a few times for strikers and forward players.

I currently have no reason to distrust them. Like it or not at the moment we aren't the most attractive club out there and it's going to take us a while to get back to where we belong. I'd rather we bought the right players rather than just throwing money down the drain at anyone who comes along for the sake of it.

We aren't attractive at the moment for various reasons which have all been brought up before.

Cost btw isn't an indicator of quality, yes there is more often than not a correlation between the two, but it doesn't necessarily mean because someone cost more than someone else they are a better player. I don't care how little a player costs if he is of the right quality.

we are one of the most attractive and biggest clubs in the country. All players will know this, including the foreigners.

Dion Dublin and Jamie Redknapp said themselves, prior to the manu game, after the Keegan interview that his enthusiasm makes him a manager that any player would want to play for too.

A lot of the players from abroad now though won't really know much about Keegan that's the thing. I agree once he gets to sit with them they will see how special he really is. But Keegan himself isn't that big a draw to players now.

We have been a mid-table team though for the past four seasons now. That's what I mean by us not being as attractive as other options. I still think there is plenty of talent out there for us to pick though. But we aren't the draw we once were, which is why it's going to be a struggle at first, but once we get going, we will certainly get there. Keegan himself has even said he's found it difficult to attract players here, but not for want of trying.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

why did you delete the last post you made ? Did you realise how childish it was [again] ?

I decided you're not worth the time of day. You can't answer a straight-forward question without bringing up a load of other bollocks, and that's about it.

A lot of the players from abroad now though won't really know much about Keegan that's the thing. I agree once he gets to sit with them they will see how special he really is. But Keegan himself isn't that big a draw to players now.

We have been a mid-table team though for the past four seasons now. That's what I mean by us not being as attractive as other options. I still think there is plenty of talent out there for us to pick though. But we aren't the draw we once were, which is why it's going to be a struggle at first, but once we get going, we will certainly get there. Keegan himself has even said he's found it difficult to attract players here, but not for want of trying.

the fact that we have finished 13th and 12th in the last 2 seasons, only means there are more players out there who could come straight into the team and improve it.

The status of the club, in the eyes of players, is no different. They all know what sort of club we are.

the fact that we have finished 13th and 12th in the last 2 seasons, only means there are more players out there who could come straight into the team and improve it.

The status of the club, in the eyes of players, is no different. They all know what sort of club we are.

Currently an underachieving one.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

why did you delete the last post you made ? Did you realise how childish it was [again] ?

I decided you're not worth the time of day. You can't answer a straight-forward question without bringing up a load of other bollocks, and that's about it.

ditto

Except, I've seen a lot more than you.....including therefore recognising what makes a good board.

As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Except, I've seen a lot more than you.....including therefore recognising what makes a good board.

As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?

Still no reply.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

No they certainly are not. But it's also not their fault entirely for this, as we were on the slippery slope long before Ashley came in.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Still no reply.

"As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?"

Currently one without European football and with no obvious imminent return to it.

err.......you got it in one.

Which at the moment is certainly not their fault as I am prepared to give them a bit of time to try and get us back in there. I'm fully aware of what the old board done btw and I thank them for some fantastic times, of that I do. But their time had come to an end. And by the old board I certainly don't just mean Shepherd as most tend to do, as I certainly believe it wasn't him who sacked SBR, he was just the fall guy for that and a lot of things due to him being a figurehead.

Do you think Shepherd would have got us back into the Champions League btw mate? This is a genuine question, a simple yes or no will do. ;)

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

probably not but not everyone is like the previous board and gets everything right all the time.

at the same time as commenting on thew crowd,be honest and ask yourself what the crowd would have been with allardyce still in charge ?

I challenge anyone and everyone to find any post made on this forum from the point Ashley took over the club to date where anyone says he and the board are doing everything right. Good luck!

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Still no reply.

"As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?"

Only you are allowed to ask questions?

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

No they certainly are not. But it's also not their fault entirely for this, as we were on the slippery slope long before Ashley came in.

Well mate, it would seem yesterday, a few thousand of our own fans - who should know differently - don't find the club as attractive as it was a year ago

Surely not ?

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Still no reply.

That's what they could do to win you over? Put out a statement saying that? Weird.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Well mate, it would seem yesterday, a few thousand of our own fans - who should know differently - don't find the club as attractive as it was a year ago

Surely not ?

and yet the vast majority that i know of only keep going because those things changed.