Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

In order to allay any fears, we guarantee that if you have purchased a season ticket then you will gain access to St James' Park on Saturday 23 August to see Newcastle United take on Bolton Wanderers in our first home game.

is it just me or does that bit make it sound as if there is no chance of season tickets arriving before the game next week?

another mess.

It's an interesting chocie of words compared to "We guarantee if you have purchased a season ticket it will be delivered before the first home game" isn't it.

"i'm a fat, populist, spurs fan who has fuck all idea but a small number of cretins have fell for it."

thats about the size of it. Still, 8 days till judgement time for a lot of people.

Whats the betting in 12 months time they are saying something like "we have to wait until all these bright young kids kids turn into the new Gazza"

Edit: realise a slight deviation of topic here, apologies for the "negative" vibes ............. [depending on your point of view of course]

Looking forward to the match today, ticket came on thursday, just in time. On the playing front though, hope nobody is seriously injured. Should have plenty of dosh, I for one have paid 3 years up front here.

You've been quiet this week. Result not go your way on Sunday? :rolleyes:

there are some debateable comments for you there. I presume you are ignoring them because they don't suit you ?

As I said, I've got 1334 reasons to show your childish insinuation is daft.

And as I've said (4 times now I think) I don't see what your 1334 reasons have to do it soopafan.  Still keep bringing it up O0

Nothing to debate there at all there until the end of the transfer window.  The rest of it is just your usual WUM patter, unless I'm missing something.

Are you pleased with the transfers so far, or can you not praise anything any more?

I disagree. I'm sure others who have paid solid cash up front will agree that is shows solid committment to the club. But personally, unlike others who were attracted back to the club by the board they now slate, I've always put my cash and time into the club.

Arent Liverpool in a bit of a mess at the minute with their directors holding onto every penny unless in the absolute right circumstances. They havent exactly gone all out to get Gareth Barry.

I cant be arsed to get into in depth discussions about finances but from what I have picked up, they dont seem to be any different to us in terms of spending this summer in that they are being very careful about what they spend.

Wasnt their summer activities based on the selling of Alonso to Juventus ?

If I am wrong then fair enough.

How fucking funny is it that this argument has turned up in a thread about the season ticket debacle btw, rather than the Man Utd match thread. Or the Guthrie thread. Or the Coloccini thread. Or the Gutierrez thread.

mackems.gif

So what could the club do in the remaining 8 days to win you over NE5?

I suspect you'll struggle to answer this, seeing as you completely ignored S.S.R. asking you the same.

Bring Shepherd back so he can throw more and more money at the problems show this club is ambitious.

So what could the club do in the remaining 8 days to win you over NE5?

Nothing.  Or at least nothing measurable so that he can be forced to admit they have met his expectations.

It'll all just be vague targets & expectations so that he can say they haven't met them no matter what they do.

Same as always.

replies in this thread to my post pretty much as expected.

Not one single person has picked up on the reference to the club operating what appears to be a "sell to buy" policy, a policy which 2nd raters follow, not clubs with one of the biggest crowds in the country. The ambitious clubs take chances, they buy the players the manager wants, and if they sell later rather than earlier, so be it. This is the advantage of being a big club, but those who can't think ambitiously can't see it.

All so predictably shite, and completely blinkered. It must be beyond some people to have the gumption to see such things.

I am aware I slightly moved the angle of debate, which I said, but nevertheless, the point I made stands.

I see somebody made a childish reference to Shepherd. I didn't mention Shepherd by the way. What a load of bollocks.

Dave - you asked me what could the club do to win me over in these last 8 days ? Well, the answer to that is quite simple. There is still time. But I think they should have done it already. If they had did it already, they would be in a positon to accept an unbelievable offer of 9m quid for a player like Milner, but I don't expect you or many others to actually grasp what I;m saying here.

In the case of Liverpool, they aren;t worried about bringing in first then offloading later. This is what a club with a huge fanbase can afford to do, and its how we should also be prepared to operate.

Not sure about that like, they had to get rid of Crouch before they went for Keane and are desperately trying to move Alonso on so they can get Barry.

Dave - you asked me what could the club do to win me over in these last 8 days ? Well, the answer to that is quite simple. There is still time. But I think they should have done it already. If they had did it already, they would be in a positon to accept an unbelievable offer of 9m quid for a player like Milner, but I don't expect you or many others to actually grasp what I;m saying here.

for an answer thats supposed to be 'simple', thats extremely complicated, evasive and convoluted, and not really an answer at all.

So what was/is it?  In some sort of measurable terms?

Guest Gemmill

for an answer thats supposed to be 'simple', thats extremely complicated, evasive and convoluted, and not really an answer at all.

:lol:  It's easier to speak in riddles and end the sentence with "but I don't expect anyone to grasp what I'm saying here".  Make it grasp-able and we'll try.  What NE5 wants them to do is like the contents of the case in Pulp Fiction.  He opens it, his face gleams gold from the brightness inside, and then he closes it without showing anyone else.

:lol:  It's easier to speak in riddles and end the sentence with "but I don't expect anyone to grasp what I'm saying here".  Make it grasp-able and we'll try.  What NE5 wants them to do is like the contents of the case in Pulp Fiction.  He opens it, his face gleams gold from the brightness inside, and then he closes it without showing anyone else.

I grasp what he's saying. He wants us to sign McGuffin.

its quite clear if you think about it.

If the club had got a player [ie the front running striker we badly need] in first [which is what they should be doing] they would be in a position to let Milner go for this fee, and recoup the fee, rather than adopt a sell to buy policy....

But operating a sell to buy policy is for the smaller clubs without the fanbase. Sadly, that appears to be what many people are advocating. I realise those that haven't witnessed anything other than a board who backed their managers and tried to put the team first won't understand this new - inferior - concept.

7 days left to judgement day. Have they learned yet. I hope so, after yesterday which made the weakness in the TEAM glaringly obvious to even the blindest man or the man with his head deepest in the sand.

If the club had got a player [ie the front running striker we badly need] in first [which is what they should be doing] they would be in a position to let Milner go for this fee, and recoup the fee, rather than adopt a sell to buy policy....

But operating a sell to buy policy is for the smaller clubs without the fanbase. Sadly, that appears to be what many people are advocating. I realise those that haven't witnessed anything other than a board who backed their managers and tried to put the team first won't understand this new - inferior - concept.

7 days left to judgement day. Have they learned yet. I hope so, after yesterday which made the weakness in the TEAM glaringly obvious to even the blindest man or the man with his head deepest in the sand.

So what do they have to do? ;)

So are you saying it should be the board who buys the players and the manager should have nothing to do with that?

So are you saying it should be the board who buys the players and the manager should have nothing to do with that?

back the manager mate. Nobody will tell me that Keegan hasn't identified a few players out there who could come in and immediately improve a glaring hole in this team.

Everyone has said they would judge. Nows the time. The season has started. How well do they want the team to do ?

back the manager mate. Nobody will tell me that Keegan hasn't identified a few players out there who could come in and immediately improve a glaring hole in this team.

Everyone has said they would judge. Nows the time. The season has started. How well do they want the team to do ?

I believe the board have said if the right player is out there that Keegan wants they will stump up the cash. Much like how we've just broke our transfer record for a defender.

So basically they can't possibly win you over. Thanks for admitting it.

once again, a debateable point has passed by Dave. I hope you aren't going to accuse me of being negative, instead of replying, just because I don't think everything is a bed of roses like some.

My reply is quite clear. I also repeat. I've 1334 reasons for hoping they do what I want them to do, and what I think they should be doing.

I believe the board have said if the right player is out there that Keegan wants they will stump up the cash. Much like how we've just broke our transfer record for a defender.

they always say that, what else would they say ?

Keegan broke the clubs transfer record for a defender the last time too, he also broke it a few times for strikers and forward players.

Its no big deal. They need to spend again, and fast.

So basically they can't possibly win you over. Thanks for admitting it.

once again, a debateable point has passed by Dave. I hope you aren't going to accuse me of being negative, instead of replying, just because I don't think everything is a bed of roses like some.

My reply is quite clear. I also repeat. I've 1334 reasons for hoping they do what I want them to do, and what I think they should be doing.

You've not once explained what they could do in the final week to win you over. In fact you clearly pointed out that whatever they do, they should have done it earlier. So basically, you're admitting there's nothing they can do.

Thanks for the honesty. :thup:

they always say that, what else would they say ?

Keegan broke the clubs transfer record for a defender the last time too, he also broke it a few times for strikers and forward players.

Its no big deal. They need to spend again, and fast.

I currently have no reason to distrust them. Like it or not at the moment we aren't the most attractive club out there and it's going to take us a while to get back to where we belong. I'd rather we bought the right players rather than just throwing money down the drain at anyone who comes along for the sake of it.

We aren't attractive at the moment for various reasons which have all been brought up before.

They need to hurry up and get Owen to re-sign though. That is for certain.

Cost btw isn't an indicator of quality, yes there is more often than not a correlation between the two, but it doesn't necessarily mean because someone cost more than someone else they are a better player. I don't care how little a player costs if he is of the right quality.

NE5 has already told me that as long as they buy 2 players that cost £10 million or more each he will be happy.

Coloccini is one, he's just waiting on the other.

:lol:

I don't know what's funnier, the thought of something so basic and stupid satisfying him, or the thought of him being happy at all.