Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

Still no reply then

Of course not.

why did you delete the last post you made ? Did you realise how childish it was [again] ?

I decided you're not worth the time of day. You can't answer a straight-forward question without bringing up a load of other bollocks, and that's about it.

ditto

Except, I've seen a lot more than you.....including therefore recognising what makes a good board.

As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?

No they certainly are not. But it's also not their fault entirely for this, as we were on the slippery slope long before Ashley came in.

Well mate, it would seem yesterday, a few thousand of our own fans - who should know differently - don't find the club as attractive as it was a year ago

Surely not ?

It's not just to do with last season though. As I've said we've been on the slippery slope for four years or so now. I feel more optimistic than I have though since SBR was in charge. I know that is for certain. As I feel the board have appointed the right man. There are also other factors as well such as the economic situation at the moment. But it certainly isn't all down to Mike Ashley that's for certain.

you're the only person discussing this sensibly here tooj.

I understand what you say, but with a week to go to the deadline, its clear where our weakness is and I think they should be pulling out all the stops to fill it, go for the european positions at least and if it costs money above budget so be it.

But Keegan has already come out and said how much he rates Smith and Milner, saying he doesn't want to lose either.

If that's the case then perhaps he doesn't see the obvious weaknesses that some of us think the team need strengthening.

Ashley should have just bought Bowyer on a free.

That was a satisfactory summer's transfer dealings for NE5.

That one doesn't get an answer, ever.

broke the clubs transfer record for a defender a few months earlier .........

And 40m quid in the few years previously to go with it. Pretend that isn't true if it suits your opinion, as I'm sure you will.

Saw a bargain to be had in a fire sale, and cashed in as quick as he could.

Sicklee Sausage Roll ?

You usually have more intelligence than to post like this.

You don't have any so fuck off.

ooohhhhhhh

fuck off yourself.

It wasn't an intelligent reply was it ?

And 40m quid in the few years previously to go with it. Pretend that isn't true if it suits your opinion, as I'm sure you will.

Didn't back the manager to make the next step though did they?

Which at the moment is certainly not their fault as I am prepared to give them a bit of time to try and get us back in there. I'm fully aware of what the old board done btw and I thank them for some fantastic times, of that I do. But their time had come to an end. And by the old board I certainly don't just mean Shepherd as most tend to do, as I certainly believe it wasn't him who sacked SBR, he was just the fall guy for that and a lot of things due to him being a figurehead.

Do you think Shepherd would have got us back into the Champions League btw mate? This is a genuine question, a simple yes or no will do. ;)

:whistle:

Breaking the club's transfer record for a defender when we bought Woodgate was commendable.

If only we could do something like that these days. What a shame.

"As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?"

Don't tell me Dave, the next move will be to blame me for not answering questions, and not keeping on topic. Right ?

Sicklee Sausage Roll ?

ooohhhhhhh

fuck off yourself.

I didn't ask you a question, so don't reply with one.

Guest Howaythetoon

I reckon we'll break our full transfer record by the end of the window and by a good few million too. From what I've heard we have one substantial bid lodged with someone for a player that will smash the fee we paid Madrid for Owen.

Ne5 is a cretin. The sort of bloke who deserves to be spat at if he enters our beloved stadium . I hope he fucks off from this place.

i'd rather you did for that.

oh dear.

44 years of entering the stadium, and Rodhaminho has more instant expertise.

I'm really hurt.

Ne5 is a cretin. The sort of bloke who deserves to be spat at if he enters our beloved stadium. I hope he fucks off from this place.

i'd rather you did for that.

Normally i'm sensible. I apoligise if i have made myself look like a nob.

Sicklee Sausage Roll ?

ooohhhhhhh

fuck off yourself.

I didn't ask you a question, so don't reply with one.

eeer........thats correct I was replying to SSR and you chose to butt in.

Which at the moment is certainly not their fault as I am prepared to give them a bit of time to try and get us back in there. I'm fully aware of what the old board done btw and I thank them for some fantastic times, of that I do. But their time had come to an end. And by the old board I certainly don't just mean Shepherd as most tend to do, as I certainly believe it wasn't him who sacked SBR, he was just the fall guy for that and a lot of things due to him being a figurehead.

Do you think Shepherd would have got us back into the Champions League btw mate? This is a genuine question, a simple yes or no will do. ;)

well, as they had done it before, are you going to say they wouldn't have done it again ? Why not ?

well, as they had done it before, are you going to say they wouldn't have done it again ? Why not ?

i don't normally get involved, but surely the state of our finances wouldnt have allowed us to do this again?

I don't think they would have.

What about you?

What do you think of our 2 Argies and our performance against Man U?  I know that's off topic but you seemed to have missed the threads where these were discussed.

i don't normally get involved, but surely the state of our finances wouldnt have allowed us to do this again?

Especially if you take into account the increased investment other clubs have received.

Especially if you take into account the increased investment other clubs have received.

exactly.

44 years of entering the stadium, and Rodhaminho has more instant expertise.

Stepping outside the argument discussion for a second, the "I've been going longer than you so I know best" thing does you no favours at all mate.

It was my fault, i started it and i should know better than to bite to such a stupid thing.

What do you think of our 2 Argies and our performance against Man U?  I know that's off topic but you seemed to have missed the threads where these were discussed.

You see that's what does me. If Ne5 give as much imput to those topics as others he would be much more respected.

I reckon we'll break our full transfer record by the end of the window and by a good few million too. From what I've heard we have one substantial bid lodged with someone for a player that will smash the fee we paid Madrid for Owen.

Come on mate, you can't leave it at that. :lol:

That won't be enough to appease some people unfortunately.

I don't think they would have.

What about you?

As lovejoy has pointed out, nobody is disputing that they had spent a lot of money. But at least they had a go, and succeeded too. Maybe they couldn't have done it again without investment. Thats the name of the game, but it doesn't mean that Ashley is doing it right. A lot of people are pretending they are happy with this summer, but they know within themselves that, unless something happens in the next 7 days, they are disappointed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Keegan will do a good job with the tools he has, but if they don't back him it is an opportunity wasted and he won't get anywhere near what he did the last time.

Guest Howaythetoon

That won't be enough to appease some people unfortunately.

I think even NE5 will be happy when the window closes.

You see that's what does me. If Ne5 give as much imput to those topics as others he would be much more respected.

do you think I respect your opinion or care what you think of what I post ?

mackems.gif