Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

Still no reply then

Of course not.

why did you delete the last post you made ? Did you realise how childish it was [again] ?

I decided you're not worth the time of day. You can't answer a straight-forward question without bringing up a load of other bollocks, and that's about it.

ditto

Except, I've seen a lot more than you.....including therefore recognising what makes a good board.

As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?

No they certainly are not. But it's also not their fault entirely for this, as we were on the slippery slope long before Ashley came in.

Well mate, it would seem yesterday, a few thousand of our own fans - who should know differently - don't find the club as attractive as it was a year ago

Surely not ?

It was only 1000 fewer than the lowest we had under Shepherd in his last season...and there were a lot less away fans too.

Ashley should have just bought Bowyer on a free.

That was a satisfactory summer's transfer dealings for NE5.

That one doesn't get an answer, ever.

Is that the oft-played 'Bowyer-on-a-free gambit'?

broke the clubs transfer record for a defender a few months earlier .........

And 40m quid in the few years previously to go with it. Pretend that isn't true if it suits your opinion, as I'm sure you will.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

why did you delete the last post you made ? Did you realise how childish it was [again] ?

I decided you're not worth the time of day. You can't answer a straight-forward question without bringing up a load of other bollocks, and that's about it.

ditto

Except, I've seen a lot more than you.....including therefore recognising what makes a good board.

As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?

No they certainly are not. But it's also not their fault entirely for this, as we were on the slippery slope long before Ashley came in.

Well mate, it would seem yesterday, a few thousand of our own fans - who should know differently - don't find the club as attractive as it was a year ago

Surely not ?

It's not just to do with last season though. As I've said we've been on the slippery slope for four years or so now. I feel more optimistic than I have though since SBR was in charge. I know that is for certain. As I feel the board have appointed the right man. There are also other factors as well such as the economic situation at the moment. But it certainly isn't all down to Mike Ashley that's for certain.

yes it does. he lumps in woodgate aswell without thinking it means that the net spend from the season before would then be about £4mill

I thought the answer to that one was along the lines of "people moan when we spend money on trophy signings then moan when we just brought in Bowyer, they don't know what they want". :lol:

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Still no reply.

"As for this thread, the crowd was the lowest for a canny few years. Doing everything right are they ?"

That's what they could do to win you over? Put out a statement saying that? Weird.

and you said that I've got nothing worthwhile to say.

:nope:

And 40m quid in the few years previously to go with it. Pretend that isn't true if it suits your opinion, as I'm sure you will.

see. I told you

yes it does. he lumps in woodgate aswell without thinking it means that the net spend from the season before would then be about £4mill

How, when the season before we spent £15m on Viana & Bramble with no-one (from what I remember) going outbound.

Saw a bargain to be had in a fire sale, and cashed in as quick as he could.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Surely not ?

It's not just to do with last season though. As I've said we've been on the slippery slope for four years or so now. I feel more optimistic than I have though since SBR was in charge. I know that is for certain. As I feel the board have appointed the right man. There are also other factors as well such as the economic situation at the moment. But it certainly isn't all down to Mike Ashley that's for certain.

you're the only person discussing this sensibly here tooj.

I understand what you say, but with a week to go to the deadline, its clear where our weakness is and I think they should be pulling out all the stops to fill it, go for the european positions at least and if it costs money above budget so be it.

Still no reply then

Of course not.

ditto

Surely not ?

you're the only person discussing this sensibly here tooj.

I understand what you say, but with a week to go to the deadline, its clear where our weakness is and I think they should be pulling out all the stops to fill it, go for the european positions at least and if it costs money above budget so be it.

why don't you think they are pulling out all the stops but just keeping quiet about it ?

Sicklee Sausage Roll ?

You usually have more intelligence than to post like this.

ditto

We had 400 less than against Bolton in 2006 when the economy was buoyant, in 2008 we've got a credit crunch and thousands of people finding themselves out of work every week.

Sicklee Sausage Roll ?

You usually have more intelligence than to post like this.

You don't have any so fuck off.

Breaking the club's transfer record for a defender when we bought Woodgate was commendable.

If only we could do something like that these days. What a shame.

I'll do it for you dave.....

"oh wait" ;)

Breaking the club's transfer record for a defender when we bought Woodgate was commendable.

If only we could do something like that these days. What a shame.

Thing is I remember at the time we all slagged the board off over that.

We always filled our weak positons early under the old board?

Well, if you look through the names and forget the bollocks spouted about last minute signings, you will find the majority of them were in fact bought before the season started, yes.