The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

I was very pleased to see him come on instead of Viduka. That's a clear declaration that he's ahead of him in the pecking order for target men.

As I've said before, I think we're better when he's in the side and I'd play him every week.

He looks a bit fitter and more up for it than usual I reckon, he's had a decent season.

I noticed that as well, he seemed surprisingly mobile which is why Jon probably got him mixed up with Zog although I'd still advise an eye test. I don't think he's suddenly ahead of Viduka in the pecking order either, he's just clearly hungrier and fitter so he should get the nod at the moment.

He looks a bit fitter and more up for it than usual I reckon, he's had a decent season.

I noticed that as well, he seemed surprisingly mobile which is why Jon probably got him mixed up with Zog although I'd still advise an eye test. I don't think he's suddenly ahead of Viduka in the pecking order either, he's just clearly hungrier and fitter so he should get the nod at the moment.

I remember Roeder saying that for Shola to play well you have to make him angry.  Maybe Kinnear just shouts loads of abuse at him in training and before games.

I remember Roeder saying that for Shola to play well you have to make him angry.  Maybe Kinnear just shouts loads of abuse at him in training and before games.

I remember people at Maiden Castle in Durham telling me Beardsley used to use that school of coaching on the kids. "You're not fucking good enough to wear the shirt", "You're a waste of space" etc.

I think he got some complaints from parents actually, let's hope Shola's mam is more thick-skinned! :lol:

I was very pleased to see him come on instead of Viduka. That's a clear declaration that he's ahead of him in the pecking order for target men.

As I've said before, I think we're better when he's in the side and I'd play him every week.

Someone got it right the other day in saying Ameobi is probably better than Viduka at coming on during a game. At least it has seemed so lately. But from the start Viduka is still a quality asset.

Plus "play him every week"? Kind of thought that continues to make me want to puke.

Viduka either should be starting or not in the squad at all. He takes time to impose himself on a game, meaning that a 20 minute cameo doesn't really do much. However Ameobi proved he can do a job off the bench by coming on and doing a great job of holding the ball in the corner flag, not to mention a good assist for the third goal.

• 1 month later...

Ameobi forced to play

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has confirmed that Shola Ameobi - who scored the crucial equaliser in their draw with local rivals Sunderland on Sunday - was forced into action.

Kinnear revealed that the 27-year-old striker was pressed into playing as Michael Owen, Mark Viduka and Obafemi Martins were all sidelined.

Ameobi smashed home a 68th minute penalty to level for Newcastle, after Djibril Cisse had given Sunderland a first-half lead, but Kinnear revealed he struggled during a fitness test on Sunday morning.

"I gave him a fitness test this morning. He said he was feeling it [his injury], but I said, 'You still have to play'," said Kinnear.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4884156,00.html

god he was bad yesterday (pen aside) - how bad can xisco be?

don`t think Xisco has done that bad when he`s been given the odd chance tbh. Starting to think there is some  truth in  this extra 2.5m payment thing if he makes a certain number of appearances which is why we refuse to play him or in JFK`s case , not even acknowledge him "we only have 1 fit striker in Carroll" malarky :rolleyes:

don`t think Xisco has done that bad when he`s been given the odd chance tbh. Starting to think there is some  truth in  this extra 2.5m payment thing if he makes a certain number of appearances which is why we refuse to play him or in JFK`s case , not even acknowledge him "we only have 1 fit striker in Carroll" malarky :rolleyes:

That was out of order tbf, when I noticed him on the bench that game I couldn't believe it, after hearing the interview I though he was actually injured!

Guest The Libertine

what is a xisco?

this is a prime example of why kinnear is a fucking clown. playing an injured player when he really doesnt have to has got to be close to being a sackable offence. he cant even bring himself to start to think about maybe one day acknowledging that xisco is alive. he's publicly ignored him at least 3 times. n'zogbia would have killed his family by now.

Shola could have had a hat-trick and been a Geordie legend yesterday, chance after fucking chance.

That one where the cross beat Fulop, he just had to get a side foot on it, but no, he thighed it back to the keeper. Fair enough the disallowed goal was a bit unlucky, but for fucks sake dont use ya bastard arms.

I was sure he knock his pen ower the roof.

Fair play to Shola again though, he may be a bit shit but he has played a number of times through the pain barrier when we are short.

Forget Xisco for a moment (they obviously do) but how far away can Lovenkrands be away? Surely couldn't have been any less fit than Shola?

Shola could have had a hat-trick and been a Geordie legend yesterday, chance after fucking chance.

That one where the cross beat Fulop, he just had to get a side foot on it, but no, he thighed it back to the keeper. Fair enough the disallowed goal was a bit unlucky, but for fucks sake dont use ya bastard arms.

I was sure he knock his pen ower the roof.

I was pretty nervious when he walked up, not confident at all. though Nolan might have had it!

Seriously, do they feed Shola benzo's before a game? It's like he runs, thinks, controls, shoots, lives in slow motion...

A disgraceful footballer - yes he had the bottle to take that penalty, yes he played when unfit, but seriously, he's a fucking donkey of a footballer.

Can someone ask Shay or Charlie what the inside skinny on Xisco is, because he can't possibly be worse than Shola

For some reason I can't bring myself to hate Shola... he always puts his all in for the team, he's just not that good. The problem is he needs an extra second to do anything, you just don't get that time in the premiership.

Same here, I couldn't bring myself to hate Bramble either. I think its because Bramble looked so dumb.