The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

He's the one player that if I saw on the street I would actually be tempted to hurl abuse at, he just doesn't even try.

He's the one player that if I saw on the street I would actually be tempted to hurl abuse at, he just doesn't even try.

Exactly.

Look at Kuyt at Liverpool. OK, he's miles better than Shola but for someone like Dirk Kuyt to be playing for Liverpool is ridiculous, imo, he's way out of his depth. But to compensate for his lack of ability he run himself into the ground. For that, you can forgive someone for their lack of talent.

This is not the case with Shola.  :angry:

Scary as it is I think Shola gives his all, as shown by playing whilst injured numerous times. He just isn't clever enough to know what he should be doing and when therefore looks like he isn't trying.

In short, he is shit but has his (slow beating) heart in the right place.

Just a waste of a shirt. Does nothing (other than stays fit) to justify his place in the team.

There's far more players deserving of a start than he does. Absolute dogshit almost every single time he plays. Even in his 'good' games he's still poor. :hmm:

Just a waste of a shirt. Does nothing (other than stays fit) to justify his place in the team.

There's far more players deserving of a start than he does. Absolute dogshit almost every single time he plays. Even in his 'good' games he's still poor. :hmm:

Nah, doesn't really do that either :lol:

Nah, doesn't really do that either :lol:

His version of fit. Hence the italics. ;)

Scary as it is I think Shola gives his all, as shown by playing whilst injured numerous times. He just isn't clever enough to know what he should be doing and when therefore looks like he isn't trying.

In short, he is shit but has his (slow beating) heart in the right place.

Nah, on the pitch he clearly doesn't. Indeed you can't knock his professionalism in being willing to play even when injured and I'm sure he thinks he's going to do all he can.

But once he's out there he seems to just become fed up or something and in some phases of play doesn't even try. He certainly loves to have a moan too.

Add to that the fact he is footballingly mentally deficient... not good.

9 years and 6 managers, unbelievable that he is still here and starting games for us.

Don't worry, he assures us this year is definitely his year.

Guest diddimz

9 years and 6 managers, unbelievable that he is still here and starting games for us.

So did Liverpool and Tottenham.

I'm interested to see what sort of attendences his testimonial is going to have.

So did Liverpool and Tottenham.

I'm interested to see what sort of attendences his testimonial is going to have.

52,000 sell-out IMO. 51,999 of them just going to make sure the fucker is actually leaving.

Not sticking up for Shola or the "management" (f***ing morons) but if Carroll was only half fit I don't think we should have gambled.

Lovenkrands could and should have played through the middle and LuaLua should have started on the wing.  LuaLua is a kid but I'd rather have a kid in his proper position than Shola anywhere near our starting 11.

c*** of a footballer, hope someone ends his career in training, his availability is costing us so much

That's crossing the line, imo. Yes he's fucking useless but is it his fault the club offered him another 3 year deal? No.

cunt of a footballer, hope someone ends his career in training, his availability is costing us so much

Just because he's there doesn't mean you have to pick him. I think the problem is with the decision making higher up.

c*** of a footballer, hope someone ends his career in training, his availability is costing us so much

It's not his availability that's costing us it's the arses who pick him that are costing us, the same goes for Butt and Duff when fit.

Guest Stephen927

Put in a couple of passable shifts, got his new contract and now looks like he couldn't give a fuck.

His life is set up for the next 3 years and probably many years after that if he's been looking after his money, he doesn't have to push himself just do the bare minimum.

That's crossing the line, imo. Yes he's f***ing useless but is it his fault the club offered him another 3 year deal? No.

he's a twat who doesn't deliver anything like acceptable performances, in terms of effort or effectiveness

At the end of this season can someone please just tear up his contract.  Forget trying to sell him, just sack him.  Pay the money, do whatever it takes.  Don't give him a choice.  We could sign 4 or 5 of the world's greatest strikers this summer, but so long as Shola Ameobi is on the books he will find a way to get in the team.  If he is here, he will play.  An outbreak of polio affecting all strikers but him, something, some cruel joke will occur that forces us to fall back on Shola.  The man is a bad habit, the packet of cigarettes in the kitchen drawer that you will always return to when times are hard unless you flush them down the toilet.  That is what needs to happen.  Shola needs to be flushed from the club, association ended, gone, free to score against us as all former players do when we have an FA Cup tie against Yeovil or Swindon - wherever he ends up next.

That's crossing the line, imo. Yes he's f***ing useless but is it his fault the club offered him another 3 year deal? No.

he's a t*** who doesn't deliver anything like acceptable performances, in terms of effort or effectiveness

Seriously mate, I cant agree more with that. The guy is a lazy, thoughtless prick. But saying his career should be ended isnt right, if the club was managed properly he wouldnt even be here.

At the end of this season can someone please just tear up his contract.  Forget trying to sell him, just sack him.  Pay the money, do whatever it takes.  Don't give him a choice.  We could sign 4 or 5 of the world's greatest strikers this summer, but so long as Shola Ameobi is on the books he will find a way to get in the team.  If he is here, he will play.  An outbreak of polio affecting all strikers but him, something, some cruel joke will occur that forces us to fall back on Shola.  The man is a bad habit, the packet of cigarettes in the kitchen drawer that you will always return to when times are hard unless you flush them down the toilet.  That is what needs to happen.  Shola needs to be flushed from the club, association ended, gone, free to score against us as all former players do when we have an FA Cup tie against Yeovil or Swindon - wherever he ends up next.

Exactly. It is a cliche thats easy to use, but he clearly dosetn give a crap. It is NOT a 'style of play'. It is a total lack of application & effort. I defended him after 3, 4 years when people were starting to get on his back then, but this crossed the line a long time ago. Its really like some kind of sick joke. If he had any ambition he'd have left long before now & got first team football in the Championship or whenever. And its a total, utter disgrace & shambles the management keep on playing him. Words dont do it justice, they really dont. They do not compound how shambolic it is to keep playing him, and his attitude.