Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Would hope he isnt first choice if he does sign would rather keep Geremi in there

What a sad state of affairs that would be if we're getting in back-up for Geremi of all players. Should be the other way around.

Hopefully just a squad player!

Not the best by a long way.

Hope next week we start to see real quality coming in! If we just get shite in then we know keegans been ordered to sell before he buys.

I still have faith they'll get this place buzzing, but if not then Ashley's true ambitions will come to light. 

Because Gutierrez is on Guthrie's level.

that's why i said player/price

jesus if you're gonna say something at least do it right

I don't think they're on the same level, not sure we're reading each other's posts right.

Would hope he isnt first choice if he does sign would rather keep Geremi in there

Geremi's got the mobility of my great great grandmother and she is no longer with us.

If this kids limbs ar eactually in working order I would rather we gave him a chance before writing him off.

Just my opinion but I imagine Guthrie would be one of the youngsters who we bring off the bench who should get the odd number of games for us as he continues to develop.

Lets not forget we have extra subs this season so we really need to get some subs in too.

The thing is we're all being a bit quick to judge - just because he isn't some foreign superstar for a stupid transfer fee doesn't mean he can't do a job and potentially be a very good player for us. We all know Keegan can make players play with that little bit extra.

Imagine what the boards would have been like if they'd been like this when Keegan signed Rob Lee.

I know i've lambasted Chez for advocating 'this sort of signing', but this one represents a better deal than the likes of Sidwell, if he is half-decent. It's an improvement, albeit a slight one, but he's got far more potential to improve. It's a better incremental step than what Sidwell would be, and is more similar to the potential Larsson one.

And we need bodies in the centre of midfield, simple as. I'd be stunned if he was the only player in this position we signed so i'm not gonna 'cry into me cornflakes'. :razz:

The thing is we're all being a bit quick to judge - just because he isn't some foreign superstar for a stupid transfer fee doesn't mean he can't do a job and potentially be a very good player for us. We all know Keegan can make players play with that little bit extra.

Imagine what the boards would have been like if they'd been like this when Keegan signed Rob Lee.

I agree. It's just the way the premiership has become. It's more and more rare for teams of our stature to sign these relative unknowns.

I will always give every player a chance though, as it is only fair. As someone mentioned earlier Keegan has good contacts in Liverpool and could have heard great things about the guy.

As things stand he is a football player that our staff feel is worthy of signing and that is good enough for me.

It looks to me like the Liverpool fans believe him to be a good back up to their first team. Which is decent considering they have Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano. They are even debating whether he's better than Lucas.

If we were to sign him around the 2m mark it would be brilliant buisness in my eyes. Seems to me like the club is going out of the way to boost the squad before splashing the cash on the stars, which for one reason or another don't seem to be available at this stage of the window.

I imagine later on in this window, you will see bigger figures moving for players all around the country.

Surprised they rate him so much, that's promising.

They've got much better judgment than some of the so called fans on here who have already written the lad off before he's even kicked a ball.

Surprised they rate him so much, that's promising.

They've got much better judgment than some of the so called fans on here who have already written the lad off before he's even kicked a ball.

You realise this is Liverpool fans you're talking about? The same fans who think they have the greatest players in the history of football?

Not like them to go overboard rating their own players at all is it.

Well said.

Couldn't agree more :clap:

It looks to me like the Liverpool fans believe him to be a good back up to their first team. Which is decent considering they have Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano. They are even debating whether he's better than Lucas.

If we were to sign him around the 2m mark it would be brilliant buisness in my eyes. Seems to me like the club is going out of the way to boost the squad before splashing the cash on the stars, which for one reason or another don't seem to be available at this stage of the window.

I imagine later on in this window, you will see bigger figures moving for players all around the country.

Probably better to pad up the squad before going for the big money players as at least it means we don't look as desperate for players and so cannot be exploited.

This could be similar to David Bentley, in that a young English player with plenty to prove can't get a look in at a top 4 side, takes the decision to step down a little bit and establish himself. Given the potential fee, we have a lot to gain, and not much to lose.

What a sad state of affairs that would be if we're getting in back-up for Geremi of all players. Should be the other way around.

Couldn't agree more.

This could be similar to David Bentley, in that a young English player with plenty to prove can't get a look in at a top 4 side, takes the decision to step down a little bit and establish himself. Given the potential fee, we have a lot to gain, and not much to lose.

Tell you you who I would love at the club, and who might want to leave his.

Your namesake.