Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

His corners are excellent. Both Martins' goal and late chance in the 2nd half came from his deliveries. He should take them all tbh.

Agreed. It's been a long time since we had good deliveries from corners.

Guest Stephen927

How old is he ? 21 right?

Yeah.

Been very pleased with him so far. Keeps his head under pressure and actively looks for a positive ball forward.

Got a long way to go, but right now it looks like hes a steal for £2m.

Did he reject Bolton or did Bolton not want to sign him?

Cannot believe that he's only 21 if you look at the way he played last Sunday. There's alot of potential in this lad, already a very good player.

I wasn't exactly excited when we signed him. But hell he's starting to look like one hell of a bargain..

played excellent yesterday, was my man of the match despite being quiet he shut the man u midfield down and was steady in partnership with butt

played excellent yesterday, was my man of the match despite being quiet he shut the man u midfield down and was steady in partnership with butt

exactly what i think too! he provided what was a bottle-neck in their attack. they only managed to get somewhere when they managed to get past him

• 2 months later...

Random bump but i guess i'd agree. He'd be in my starting eleven.

I have more faith in him when he's on the ball than several others in the squad. Such is our tendency to give possession away... he's been a bit stop-start has Guthrie but he usually retains possession pretty well. Would really like to see him in there with Barton every week, see if it pans out - it's got the potential too imo.

But it won't happen whilst Nicky Butt is still alive.

Yeah I was just found myself sitting here thinking about him for some reason. He's not making the odd noticeable error like Coloccini, he's not exciting us all like Gutierrez, he's not having problems getting in the team like Xisco/Nacho... but he's come in and done a decent job when he's needed to without really doing anything to grab one's attention (don't get me wrong, I don't think he particularly needs to), aside from the obvious Fagan incident.

Guest Heneage

Hes doing whats asked no more no less, cant fault him for that. Has potential to improve hopefully being around ab etter grade of player than Bolton will do that.

Hes doing whats asked no more no less, cant fault him for that. Has potential to improve hopefully being around ab etter grade of player than Bolton will do that.

zomg look at da table our players are shit compared to Bolton.

Someone on here recently compared him to Modric - I'm still laughing.....!

A bog-standard midfielder at best who wouldn't have got anywhere NEAR KK's sides of 94-97 - even Batty looked like a creative genius in comparison. The closest comparison of any of KK's midfielders in the Prem was probably Bracewell and he was on the way down then...

Guest Heneage

A bog-standard midfielder at best who wouldn't have got anywhere NEAR KK's sides of 94-97 - even Batty looked like a creative genius in comparison. The closest comparison of any of KK's midfielders in the Prem was probably Bracewell and he was on the way down then...

I think if he was foreign he would be worth 5-6 m and to be honest Modric has hardly been earth shattering has he, so as much as you say hes not like him dont hold Modric in such high esteem.

Of all the signings last summer, KK seemed to be more enthusiastic about Guthrie than many other signings. Not really sure why you are using Keegan's name to slag off Guthrie in this thread.

Guest Heneage

Of all the signings last summer, KK seemed to be more enthusiastic about Guthrie than many other signings. Not really sure why you are using Keegan's name to slag off Guthrie in this thread.

It wouldn't suprise me if he Keegan saw Guthrie as his new Rob Lee.

I quite like the look of him. He did very well early on in the season and in the pre-season games, have faded a bit lately though (KK-factor?). Could well have had a goal or two against West Brom if Martins deliveries would have been better.

He's a tidy, hard working player. He's got the vision and ability to pick a pass, but every now and again, he's a bit sloppy in possession, but I do think that's because of inexperience.

Seems to have a good attitude as well, when he loses the ball, he seems to work extra hard to take it back.

He's a definite starter in CM with Barton for me at the moment, and even if we would go the 4-3-1-2, he'd still probably be in my starting XI, together with Barton and Jonas in midfield.