Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Gutherie will turn out to be an absolute steal imo. He should be around the 1st team however and I hope we have better to start ahead of him.

From this I believe Keegan sees Guthrie as a first team player, not a squad player:

"I would still like to strengthen and I'm confident we'll bring in at least two, possibly three, more faces.

"And if those players are of the quality of the likes of Gutierrez and Guthrie then we'll take our chances."

indeed, but it's quite sickening that an unestablished 21 year old can come in, have a couple of good performances in pre-season and suddenly he's walking into our first Xl

Shows how little else we have in there. Shouldn't be held against the lad though.

indeed, but it's quite sickening that an unestablished 21 year old can come in, have a couple of good performances in pre-season and suddenly he's walking into our first Xl

Shows how little else we have in there. Shouldn't be held against the lad though.

abosolutely not. My first word was in agreement with tmonkey

I like him, have done for a while and have been happy with his signing from the start

but, flip side. Well done to Keegan, Wise etc for spotting him and finding a role for him. Impressed with the way the club is doing things.

Guest Jungle Barry

Taken his two goals well so far and doesn't give the ball away too often, looks to be a good buy

Can't say he was outstanding in the match I saw against Hertha Berlin, but he looked tidy, and busy enough. His goal yesterday was a bit of an eye-opener. Top class finish which makes you think there's more to this lad than you first think.

Guest Howaythetoon

Great feet, good technique, good passer - no engine. Delighted so far however as he cost very little and will be a player who can grow and develop especially with KK's tutelage. Very good debut.