2008/2009 Fixtures - PLEASE ALL READ OPENING POST

Dave

Meanwhile, several clubs specifically ask not to play away at Newcastle on Boxing Day and get their own way.

:celb:

Should be better than Wigan at least, this year mate. :D

Couldn't be much bloody worse! I think it's about 5 or 6 away in a row now, one day it'll have to come to an end though. :(

The only alternative for the leagues would be to decide to drop all charges for fixtures and therefore cut the stream of revenue that currently comes from this source. As you can appreciate this is not a palatable option considering the state of most club finances.

This is why fans have to pay to post fixture lists. Fucking disgraceful.

This rule will never last, but I can understand why if they're charging the BBC and big news websites that they can't give the list away to others for free. It doesn't really matter anyway does it? The information is so freely available there's no need to publish it here anyway.

What we can discuss is a bit more confusing though, surely they wouldn't have a leg to stand on trying to prosecute someone for talking about a fixture, even if they did mention the date? Seems ridiculous...

tough start for you boys. You'll see why in 25 minutes...

Tough why? we don't even know what players we will have yet, so no one knows for sure, suppose the talked about gap between the two clubs will be settled though..

This rule will never last, but I can understand why if they're charging the BBC and big news websites that they can't give the list away to others for free. It doesn't really matter anyway does it? The information is so freely available there's no need to publish it here anyway.

What we can discuss is a bit more confusing though, surely they wouldn't have a leg to stand on trying to prosecute someone for talking about a fixture, even if they did mention the date? Seems ridiculous...

I started this site last summer www.freethefixtures.com should explain it a bit more

I started this site last summer www.freethefixtures.com should explain it a bit more

Did you get anywhere with it mate?

Nope, got a lot of support from admins all over the world but people were very apathetic towards signing it.

Did you get anywhere with it mate?

Nope, got a lot of support from admins all over the world but people were very apathetic towards signing it.

What were you planning on doing, going to the papers with it?