Cheer up Toon's Taylor!

Dave

I was one of his biggest fans when he first came onto the scene, but he just hasn't improved all that much :(

He does put his heart and soul into it though which is one thing I like about him.

He's deserving of a new contract probably, as long as it's not ridiculous wages.

I've never thought he was as bad as others on here do. He works hard and deserves a new contract. I would rather keep him around than pay a transfer fee for someone who may or may not work out here. Let's face it, we haven't always been lucky in the transfer market.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/06/25/taylor-delight-as-ashley-steps-in-over-contract-72703-21148140/

NEWCASTLE United defender Steven Taylor is delighted club owner Mike Ashley has intervened in his long-running contract dispute.

Ashley has advised Derek Llambias of the need to get England’s Under-21 captain tied down and the new managing director has zoomed into action.

Now United fans can expect an announcement on the fact that Taylor will commit himself to his home-town club in the next 10 days.

And it follows on from the Chronicle’s revelation yesterday that United want to keep Taylor’s England Under-21 colleague James Milner despite interest from Liverpool and Aston Villa.

Today we can reveal that within a couple of hours of Kevin Keegan returning to his desk on Monday, he met Llambias to discuss how United were going to pursue their transfer targets.

But tying up Taylor on a new three-year deal is just as important as the 22-year-old can be the backbone of United’s defence for years to come.

Nothing has been signed yet, but Taylor is happy that progress is finally being made.

He broke off his holiday to tell me today: “Knowing the owner wants me to stay means a lot to me.

“Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club.

“I’m happy there’s been some progress, and I hope everything’s sorted out soon. It’s all in the hands of my agent, and I can’t really say any more.”

Vice-president Tony Jimenez has been doing the deal with Taylor’s London-based agent Leon Angel while keeping in touch with Llambias, who has been working out of St James’s Park since his appointment.

Taylor will now get parity with United’s other top young players Milner and Charles N’Zogbia and this will disappoint teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, West Ham and Spurs who have been casting eyes in his direction.

It has been well documented that Ashley, Jimenez and Dennis Wise have been scouring Europe to try and bring some top youngsters to St James’s Park.

This is an admirable idea but they have quite rightly realised that it would have been counter-productive if they had let their top England Under-21 men Taylor and Milner slip away from Tyneside.

Now with Taylor all but in the bag, Llambias can look at sorting out new deals for United skipper Michael Owen and long-serving keeper Steve Harper.

"Knowing the owner wants me to stay means a lot," Taylor told the Gazette. "Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club.

"I'm happy there's been some progress, and I hope everything's sorted out soon. It's all in the hands of my agent, and I can't really say any more."

He broke off his holiday to tell me today: “Knowing the owner wants me to stay means a lot to me.

“Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club.

“I’m happy there’s been some progress, and I hope everything’s sorted out soon. It’s all in the hands of my agent, and I can’t really say any more.”

Taylor must be a right media whore, ringing different people and saying exactly the same shit.

Guest johnson293

"Knowing the owner wants me to stay means a lot," Taylor told the Gazette. "Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club.

"I'm happy there's been some progress, and I hope everything's sorted out soon. It's all in the hands of my agent, and I can't really say any more."

He broke off his holiday to tell me today: Knowing the owner wants me to stay means a lot to me.

Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club.

Im happy theres been some progress, and I hope everythings sorted out soon. Its all in the hands of my agent, and I cant really say any more.

Taylor must be a right media whore, ringing different people and saying exactly the same s***.

Alan Olivers Phone...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/batphone-1.jpg

Taylor must be a right media whore, ringing different people and saying exactly the same s***.

The stories printed in the Gazzette and in the Chronicle are always almost identical with just a few words chenged. Question is who is copying. Reminds me a bit of when Tyne-Talk used just to re-write stories they found on newsnow and replaced single words...

Alan Olivers Phone...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/batphone-1.jpg

Thought it would more resemble

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/738/fisherpricephoneki0.jpg

The stories printed in the Gazzette and in the Chronicle are always almost identical with just a few words chenged. Question is who is copying. Reminds me a bit of when Tyne-Talk used just to re-write stories they found on newsnow and replaced single words...

Aye, noticed it over the last few weeks when looking for news. I just thought it was interesting in this example that both are not only using the same words, but also both claiming Taylor told them directly. Surely one or the other would want to take some action over it?

Looks like Football365 have even jumped on the bandwagon, if you take a look at the headline on the side of their page at the minute... (can't be doing with learning image linking!)

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3735552,00.html

TALKS PLEASE TOON`S TAYLOR

Posted 25/06/08 14:12

EmailPrintSave

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor has revealed he is encouraged by the recent progress made over his contract talks.

The England Under 21 international's current deal is set to expire at the end of next season.

Discussions over an extension have been under way for some time but, as yet, no agreement has been reached.

However, Taylor has revealed that owner Mike Ashley's keenness for him to put pen-to-paper combined with recent advances in talks have left him feeling upbeat about the situation.

"Knowing the owner wants me to stay means a lot," Taylor told the Sunderland Echo.

"Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club.

Evening Chronicle, Shields Gazette, Sunderland Echo.

Can someone tell me why these talks with Taylor and Owen take weeks and weeks and weeks? AND WEEKS?

Why isn't it something like "Will you take £30,000 a week?" "no" Will you take £33,000 a week? "No", "Ok £35,000 a week is my last offer, take it or leave it" "OK then".

What on earth do they find to talk about for weeks on end?

Well for Taylor, what he wants means that we are paying him £1m more per season, while he initially wanted an extra £2m a season supposedly. These things take time, what with the club having to decide what they can afford, and Taylor's agents working out if they can get more from somewhere.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3735552,00.html

TALKS PLEASE TOON`S TAYLOR

Posted 25/06/08 14:12

EmailPrintSave

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor has revealed he is encouraged by the recent progress made over his contract talks.

The England Under 21 international's current deal is set to expire at the end of next season.

Discussions over an extension have been under way for some time but, as yet, no agreement has been reached.

However, Taylor has revealed that owner Mike Ashley's keenness for him to put pen-to-paper combined with recent advances in talks have left him feeling upbeat about the situation.

"Knowing the owner wants me to stay means a lot," Taylor told the Sunderland Echo.

"Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club.

Evening Chronicle, Shields Gazette, Sunderland Echo.

Yep yep, more a reference to their headline choice... It's like they've lifted it straight from here!