RE NE5 in Arshavin thread (Warning contains discussion on old and new boards)

Decky

Instead of hanging around waiting for the Arshavin thread to be locked, lets bring the discussion on the board into a seperate thread, to get locked :razz: Anyway this was going to be my reply in that thread:

NE5 you really dont know when to let go do you? You are making assumptions about a board that has only been in control for A FUCKING YEAR. Emulate the CL places? Give them a chance ffs. Are you incapable of getting behind the club rather than attacking the board every 5 minutes, and dont bother replying to that with something like: "ive been to most games since bla bla bla, how many games have you how many games have you been to?" because it isnt about that, its about backing the club.

Do you fail to see that the old board were bringing NUFC to the brink of bankruptcy? Yes it was good to be in the CL etc, but in the end we seen that the methods of getting us there were not worth it as had Mike Ashley not come along we would be on the brink if not already in oblivion. I mean you do remember last year Mort said we could have easily folded dont you? Is the club folding worth the Champions League for a few of seasons? There are actually better ways to get CL football you know.

I honestly dont know why you are on the current boards back when they havent had a chance to settle in, the way you are acting you would swear they have been in control for years and we have got nowhere. Lets not forget that 6 months of the new boards first year had Big Sam in charge, a man the old board appointed. So in reality this coming season is the new boards first attempt to show us what they are capable off.

Im sure at some point in the Shepherd era you complained about people not getting behind the board and backing them etc, yet here you are.

:cheesy:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Shepherd was the best chairman we've ever had in the last 5 years before Ashley. How anyone cna argue that is beyond me. No doubt these people didn't go to games.

Instead of hanging around waiting for the Arshavin thread to be locked, lets bring the discussion on the board into a seperate thread, to get locked :razz: Anyway this was going to be my reply in that thread:

NE5 you really dont know when to let go do you? You are making assumptions about a board that has only been in control for A FUCKING YEAR. Emulate the CL places? Give them a chance ffs. Are you incapable of getting behind the club rather than attacking the board every 5 minutes, and dont bother replying to that with something like: "ive been to most games since bla bla bla, how many games have you how many games have you been to?" because it isnt about that, its about backing the club.

Do you fail to see that the old board were bringing NUFC to the brink of bankruptcy? Yes it was good to be in the CL etc, but in the end we seen that the methods of getting us there were not worth it as had Mike Ashley not come along we would be on the brink if not already in oblivion. I mean you do remember last year Mort said we could have easily folded dont you? Is the club folding worth the Champions League for a few of seasons? There are actually better ways to get CL football you know.

I honestly dont know why you are on the current boards back when they havent had a chance to settle in, the way you are acting you would swear they have been in control for years and we have got nowhere. Lets not forget that 6 months of the new boards first year had Big Sam in charge, a man the old board appointed. So in reality this coming season is the new boards first attempt to show us what they are capable off.

Im sure at some point in the Shepherd era you complained about people not getting behind the board and backing them etc, yet here you are.

:cheesy:

in short, the club would not have folded. You're talking a load of bollocks, or should I say Mort was spouting PR bullshit and people like you believed it.

He understood nothing about football, and some of the things they have done have demonstrated it. That is the point. End of.

I've renewed my season ticket - unlike others for some reason - and now sit back and hope they challenge but don't hold your breath.

How do you know it was bullshit? We were finishing 14th, 13th etc with debts of around £80million. A club finishing where we finished in the league could easily fold with those debts. I know the top 4 can manage massive debts, but that is with finishing high in the league, far bigger fan base than us and Champions League football. You could even argue that if we dont spend big in this transfer window then that would be because of Ashley paying our debts, something that wasnt in his plans when he bought the club.

Also good reply, i fully expected sarcasm etc in your reply, good to see there wasnt ;)

How do you know it was bullshit? We were finishing 14th, 13th etc with debts of around £80million. A club finishing where we finished in the league could easily fold with those debts. I know the top 4 can manage massive debts, but that is with finishing high in the league, far bigger fan base than us and Champions League football.  You could even argue that if we dont spend big in this transfer window then that would be because of Ashley paying our debts, something that wasnt in his plans when he bought the club.

Also good reply, i fully expected sarcasm etc in your reply, good to see there wasnt ;)

I'm not going to labour the point. The club would not have folded, its just bullshit. Its all been explained before by myself and others, and still people spout this shite, then say its all down to me for bringing up stuff in response. Its a load of bollocks, and thats my last word on it.

http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/02/29/shepherd_freddie_nufc_profile_2004.jpg

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace

I dream at night, I can only see your face

I look around but it's you I can't replace

I feel so cold and I long for your embrace

I keep cryin', baby, baby, please

Guest WalkervilleMag

How do you know it was bullshit? We were finishing 14th, 13th etc with debts of around £80million. A club finishing where we finished in the league could easily fold with those debts. I know the top 4 can manage massive debts, but that is with finishing high in the league, far bigger fan base than us and Champions League football.  You could even argue that if we dont spend big in this transfer window then that would be because of Ashley paying our debts, something that wasnt in his plans when he bought the club.

I'm not going to labour the point. The club would not have folded, its just bullshit. Its all been explained before by myself and others, and still people spout this s****, then say its all down to me for bringing up stuff in response. Its a load of bollocks, and thats my last word on it.

We would not have folded thats right,  but we would be in the S**t

Its all been explained before by myself and others, and still people spout this shite

Ironic

whats ironic ? The fact that you have said we could fold, yet now appear to concede you were talking bollocks ?

Which is exactly my point.

We could have folded, no point in arguing about it.  Not saying we would have, but we certainly could have.

this, totally and utterly

any business CAN fold, but we wouldn't. Mort was talkig utter bollocks.

Can I ask how you know that?

In depth knowledge of the club's finances. He's got access to all the books. That and he is related to an ex-board member. A sordid affair that one mind.

We could have folded, no point in arguing about it.  Not saying we would have, but we certainly could have.

For someone who calls other people naive mate, thats honestly brilliant.

Its like the phrase "too good to get relegated"

However I'm stepping out of this now having put my point across ;)

never mentioned mort, talking from financial facts - we were on an unsustainable path...you'll never see the reality of that 'cause ashley bailed us out