Anyone else kinda enjoying it?

Dave

Fairly decent :lol:

I probably would have had someone make a similar comment had I put "Bloody brilliant", so went for the modest answer!

Probably :D

Still would settle for 5 fairly decent players if thats what they are classed as.

So would I!

The logical side of me is happy that we are taking what appears to be a professional approach; but the irrational side of me is getting extremely restless as no one has a clue what calibre of player Keegan and the board are setting as the standard this summer.

The only ones we know for certain are Woodgate and Modric.

the worrying thing is that both of them rejected us to go to tottenham.

hope this doesnt happen again with the players we want to sign now

at the time it was more like woodgate does not go back on his word keegan came in too late (not his fault seen as he had only just took over the club) and there was no player snub really

Modric already debated for nearly 100 pages but Mort at the time said we offered more money and his "agents" turned down the deal as we wanted to own the player 100% and not put up with having to give away % selling on profits.

Not really the same as putting it in the context of both players rejecting us as an option.

I don't mind hearing nothing until they are signed. The Enrique signing came out of nowhere. The Emre signing dragged on all summer in the media before it was eventually confirmed. I know which I prefer. If we'd got Modric that would have been pretty much out of the blue.

To answer the OP:

Fuck no!

That post is far too short for you.

This place is horrendous atm, I'm keeping things to a minimum :lol:

It's alright as long as we are actually making moves and if it all pays off in the end. At the minute, 'snot looking good.

After the summer when we were so desperate for a striker that we signed the clapped-out Ian Rush, or the summer when the only player we brought in was Lee Bowyer on a free, I've given up hoping for anything in particular from transfer windows. I'm content to wait and see what we get. And silence is, of course, always preferable to regular spouts of Shepherd bullshit.

I'm actually getting to the point where it's quite liberating for the club to be letting nothing slip to the tabloids.

Its a refreshing change for them to be keeping their business to themselves as the media get increasingly desperate for rag-selling tales. How many times has Lennon been linked now and it's STILL the best they can come up with. :lol:

Sure, I'd like them to make some moves soon and bring some players in before 7th July (when the players report back for training btw), but I remain reasonably confident we'll do what we need to. And the fact I probably won't have read about it beforehand only makes it more exciting.

dave, you strike me as a top dude but you're pushing this blind faith thing a bit far IMO

you might well end the summer looking like an utter twat with NE5 smoking cheroots over your rotting corpse

{hope no one takes the corpse thing too seriously, if you do then ram it}

I'm actually getting to the point where it's quite liberating for the club to be letting nothing slip to the tabloids.

Its a refreshing change for them to be keeping their business to themselves as the media get increasingly desperate for rag-selling tales. How many times has Lennon been linked now and it's STILL the best they can come up with. :lol:

Sure, I'd like them to make some moves soon and bring some players in before 7th July (when the players report back for training btw), but I remain reasonably confident we'll do what we need to. And the fact I probably won't have read about it beforehand only makes it more exciting.

dave, you strike me as a top dude but you're pushing this blind faith thing a bit far IMO

you might well end the summer looking like an utter twat with NE5 smoking cheroots over your rotting corpse

If I do then so be it, fair enough. Do you feel the same?

I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt for now; if we end the window without the players we need I'll be complaining as loud as anyone. I just don't see the point doing it now.

I think there is a difference between blind faith and just not throwing your toys out of the pram before the transfer window has even opened.

jesus christ dude, even you?  lets talk this over again SEP 1ST 'cause i honestly hope you and dave are right and i'm the joker, time will tell

for my part we're the club in the division who NEEDS the most work, i.e. signings to achieve our potential and to say it's OK we've done nothing 'cause no one else has simply isn't good enough

and TT is right, KK should not be walking out for a 4-5 week holiday when the club he loves needs him, simple as that

p.s. bin boozing again but i stand by the basic points

you might well end the summer looking like an utter t*** with NE5 smoking cheroots over your rotting corpse

I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt for now; if we end the window without the players we need I'll be complaining as loud as anyone. I just don't see the point doing it now.

so you'll complain when the thing you're sure is gonna happen doesn't happen?  is that what you're saying?

i hate to say it but NE5 is the ONLY person on this site with a balanced view of the new owners and that's a fact - they've shown and proven nothing at all -  to have faith we're going to end this window well is blind faith, and that's all there is to it

Aye lets talk about this on 1st September.

I am not claiming we will do or not do anything in this transfer window, what I am saying is panicing about it now is a bit OTT and it seems some people are letting the media dictate their feelings towards the club and the "goings on" in the background. This is the same media who will be dismissed for good reason on many other occasions.

Aye lets talk about this on 1st September.

I am not claiming we will do or not do anything in this transfer window, what I am saying is panicing about it now is a bit OTT and it seems some people are letting the media dictate their feelings towards the club and the "goings on" in the background. This is the same media who will be dismissed for good reason on many other occasions.

so am i panicking?  that's what i get hit with every time and i'm getting a bit sick...

as the days go by the number of transfers increase yet all i keep hearing is the window isn't open yet...it's open enough for spurs, arsenal, chelski, liverpool etc... isn't it? in fact it's open enough for wolfsburg to pick up some fine italian talent for peanuts

why isn't it open enough for us?

We have already put in a bid for a player who would have broken our transfer record but no the board are stingy and aren't prepared to spend any money.

We have no idea what is going on in the background. The players we have been linked with the most have been playing an international tournament.

I will worry when there seems to be reason to worry but at the moment apart from media bullshit I don't see any major problems. Ok we missed out on a very talented young player but fact is we were in for him and its a promising sign of our intentions this window.

We have already put in a bid for a player who would have broken our transfer record but no the board are stingy and aren't prepared to spend any money.

We have no idea what is going on in the background. The players we have been linked with the most have been playing an international tournament.

I will worry when there seems to be reason to worry but at the moment apart from media bullshit I don't see any major problems. Ok we missed out on a very talented young player but fact is we were in for him and its a promising sign of our intentions this window.

mien got!!  replay your whole post and the transfer is wayne rooney

i'll be NE5 - BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

When all the shit was flying around us earlier in the season, I was wishing for times like this when we werent being shit upon and talked about every day.

Now I am hearing nothing it makes me nervous and I dont like it so much

No pleasing some people

you might well end the summer looking like an utter t*** with NE5 smoking cheroots over your rotting corpse

so you'll complain when the thing you're sure is gonna happen doesn't happen?  is that what you're saying?

i hate to say it but NE5 is the ONLY person on this site with a balanced view of the new owners and that's a fact - they've shown and proven nothing at all -  to have faith we're going to end this window well is blind faith, and that's all there is to it

I'll complain when what needs doing is not done, not before. Is it so hard to comprehend?

To say NE5 has a balanced view on the new board is laughable. He's got a grudge against them, and won't let it lie until they've done things that are at least years away.

Of course they've proven nothing yet, what did you expect of them by now like?