Big Sam on SSN

Crumpy Gunt

How Keegan in his last few games, can make a world of difference using exactly the same players as Allardyce, with Allardyce still claiming it wasn't his fault is beyond me. The man's a retard :lol:

I love how he's pretending to have pulled out of the running for the Blackburn job to save face after a 3rd division manager got it instead :lol: Proper David Brent-type moment.

I love how he's pretending to have pulled out of the running for the Blackburn job to save face after a 3rd division manager got it instead :lol: Proper David Brent-type moment.

I would have though that too had I not seen the interview, but he seemed so confident that something better was going to come up in the next few months, I'm not so sure.

Either he jumped before getting officially rejected by Blackburn and is confident that the first PL side to sack their manager next season will be his new destination, or Shepherd wants him to manage Mallorca.

Guest Stephen927

Obviously with the new owners, the examination of the books etc by Mort, Allardyce may have missed out on a few signings before it was all sorted, but he still has to take a lot of the blame. The side we had coudl have went to Derby looking for a comfortable win, not playing for a draw.

I wouldn't care if he didn't make it out like it's everyones fault but his own. Makes him look seriously pathetic but of course no one outside of Newcastle will see it like that, instead its hes a victim of a club renowned for chopping and changing managers.

But when it comes down to it which fans want him? Blackburn fans certainly didn't. He'll think he'll walk into a job but the best he can do is a Championship club tbh, if he failed there it will finish him and he'll be interviewed once every few months saying "Newcastle ruined me, it wasn't my fault" ad nauseum.

allardyce left us in 11th place, with an average of 1.238 points per game

since keegan came, we've finished 12th, with an average of 1 point per game

i guess its not as simple as that, but it is interesting......

Using stats and numbers to make a case for Allardyce's performance. Ironic. :D

Allardyce started off alright and by the time he left we were well on the way down (not relegation, I mean in terms of form). Keegan had to pick that back up again before things started coming together.

I'm certainly not saying Allardyce was completely useless and Keegan is perfect, though.

No it isn't interesting in the slightest, its complete bollocks.

....but its true though.

although it doesnt take into account the big winless streak we had and the squad being devoid of confidence or belief at the time Keegan came in. not defending allardyce, just saying maybe he wasnt as bad as people seem to think (based on results.....the football was pig ugly!!)

Allardyce started off alright and by the time he left we were well on the way down (not relegation, I mean in terms of form). Keegan had to pick that back up again before things started coming together.

I'm certainly not saying Allardyce was completely useless and Keegan is perfect, though.

And yet, in spite of this, you still seem to think you have a valid place in this forum community. ??? :dontknow:

Allardyce is a complete tit. And, I'm sorry, but you can't judge Allardyce's record directly against Keegan's on a game-to-game basis. Keegan proved that he's a better manager at the end of the season. I blame Fat Sam for the majority of the losses at the beginning of Keegan's return. He inherited a right mess and came good.

No it isn't interesting in the slightest, its complete bollocks.

....but its true though.

although it doesnt take into account the big winless streak we had and the squad being devoid of confidence or belief at the time Keegan came in. not defending allardyce, just saying maybe he wasnt as bad as people seem to think (based on results.....the football was pig ugly!!)

Yes its true, but also meaningless.  It doesn't take into account the fact that the teams we played under Keegan were better then the ones we played under Allardyce.  Nor does it doesn't take into account the terrible lack of confidence Allardyce left behind him, something Keegan had to remedy before we could start to win games.

Here's a stat, the average end of season points total for the teams we played under Allardyce was 48, while the average for the teams we played under Keegan was 55 :D

I remember in the early stages of last season, we'd just beaten Spurs 3-1, and everyone was euphoric and convinced that things had changed for the better, and I came in with a thread comparing our record against the clubs we'd played so far with the results in those games the previous season and pointed out that we were actually doing worse and people told me to fuck off :lol: Come January, Allardyce was probably well behind the Roeder record that saw us 6 points ahead of relegation, although I never had the heart to check.

I remember radio stations reporting how we'd made our best start to the season in however many years.  Great stat that was, until you actually looked at the teams we'd played :)

He is a media darling now, so expect to see him more.  Did any hear his comments after Russia dusted Holland in ET, i missed them, was just wondering if he praised them or moaned about them for being far to attcking.  in his mind anyway.