NUFC Academy in the Money

Dokko

Money makes Magpies move

Former Walsall boss appointed academy director

Newcastle United have appointed former Walsall manager Richard Money as the club's new academy director.

Money resigned from his post at the Bescot Stadium in April, citing his desire to acquire a fresh challenge.

The 52-year-old will now oversee The Magpies' development of youth as the club seeks to improve their promotion of young talent from within.

Money has previously managed in Sweden and Australia while he has worked at youth level at Aston Villa, Coventry and Nottingham Forest.

He said: "This is a fantastic opportunity for me, a really big challenge.

"I have got a lot of experience of working with young players, so this is a job I am well qualified to do."

http://img.skysports.com/08/02/218x298/moneyrichard_645710.jpg

I know this has been slightly posted in a previous thread but thought it would be nice to draw it to peoples attention (if its passed them) and also for any future academy announcements, signings, or Money talk.

Also i quite like the idea of experienced managers from a lower level managing our youth, it shows were taking it seriously.

PS: Anyone know how Ryan Donaldson is doing these days?

Guest Heneage

f*** sake, if they spent more time on transfers than pissing about with s*** like this we wouldn't need a youth set up!

You don't build a sky scraper from the top down.

f*** sake, if they spent more time on transfers than pissing about with s*** like this we wouldn't need a youth set up!

You don't build a sky scraper from the top down.

wuf wuf

Very good coach.Did wondes with Coventry youth team getting them to Youth Cup final.Was of course Newcastle Jets boss in 'Oz.

Did a decent job with Walsall n all. Obviously has something about him and lets hope he can unearth some gems for us.

Very popular down here, did a good job with our academy. They know him as Dickie Dosh.

Sounds promising. Who came through into your first team from his time there?

Very popular down here, did a good job with our academy. They know him as Dickie Dosh.

Good to know. Good to see the club are putting some thought into our youth setup for once and not just jobs for the boys.

Was absolutley terrible in Sweden. Went from AIK in the top flight, to Västerås in the second division, to whom he brought former Newcastle youngsters Darryl Smylie and Ben Webster(?): Smylie still plays there and scored last weekend.

Seems to be doing better in England, thankfully. Sounds like a wise appointment considering what he did at Coventry.