Old link with Derdiyok

Cronky

If this is true, then it looks like we are at last aware that we aren't going to get any of the high profile targets we have been linked with. Some swiss no name looks to be about the level we've sunk to but is probably more realistic for us.

At this point I have absolutely no confidence in next season, particularly if KK is going to go shopping for euro trash that he has not looked at very closely prior to the tournament and identified as a priority target.

How much had you seen of Modric before we made a club record bid for him? Genuine question.

If this is true, then it looks like we are at last aware that we aren't going to get any of the high profile targets we have been linked with. Some swiss no name looks to be about the level we've sunk to but is probably more realistic for us.

At this point I have absolutely no confidence in next season, particularly if KK is going to go shopping for euro trash that he has not looked at very closely prior to the tournament and identified as a priority target.

I think you'll find:

a) we have been linked with Derdiyok for a while and this Swiss no name is good enough to lead his country on his own upfront at 19 in a major championship.

b) where in the article or thread does it say we are not after 'bigger' name players?

Would rather Pavlyuchenko from Russia. Big strong with room to improve. Better eye for goal too

Me too but I'd doubt he'll move to a team not in the CL and one willing to pay mega bucks for him. If we had sense we should've talked to him Russian pre-season (Jan-Mar)

Derdiyok: I don't know much about him, but this really is the type of player we need to be going for. Really the likes of Gomis, Arshavin, Arda are the icing on the cake, i'm not saying its impossible, but currently its looking like it. We need to looks elsewhere and start getting the bodies through the doors, because if we don't start soon were going to be held over a barrel for every target, more so as the window moves on.

If KK thinks he's good enough then really i trust him enough to make a decision on a lad so young with promising future ability.

£6m is nowt if we get £3m for Ameobi.

For me, Pavlyuchenko comes under the Euro 2008 star most likely to flop next seson category.

Depends if he moves, Spartak will be in the CL next season and if he stays with them he is likely to keep up his 1 in 2 record.

For me, Pavlyuchenko comes under the Euro 2008 star most likely to flop next seson category.

Agreed. He's very inconsistent in a shite league, not a good sign.

Is 67 goals in 136 games for Spartak and 9 in 21 for Russia inconsistant ? You have high standards.

My statement was more under the assumption that he'd move to Europe.

I know, I'm just pointing out. I can see why you think it as well, not an alround player but does put the ball in the net. Would be interesting to see him in a tougher league though although he has 3 in Euro 2008 plus the 2 he scored past in England in Moscow so he can play & score past 'good' teams

Agreed. He's very inconsistent in a shite league, not a good sign.

Is 67 goals in 136 games for Spartak and 9 in 21 for Russia inconsistant ? You have high standards.

Apparently he's very hot and cold, he might of tonked a few teams with 3 or 4 goals a match i don't know, just passing on what i've heard from the commentators.

Priority target?.. who says?  Why do you bother coming on here to talk such utter shit?  ???

Guest Sniffer

How much had you seen of Modric before we made a club record bid for him? Genuine question.

Very little, Dave apart from the qualifying games.

Too many people on here seem to think they have an indepth knowledge of all these foreign players from seeing a few snippets on the telly and then try to pass themselves off as experts. Like the ones who throw out names nobody has heard off and then the socalled experts google him to try to appear knowledgeable. I rather we looked at the Jimmy Bullards of this world tbh than drop down from the top targets that are destined for bigger clubs to the flash in the pan, he scored a good goal type that will probably find the pace and physical aspects of the premier league too much for them.

As for leading his country at 19? It switzerland FFS. One step above andorra.

Too many people on here seem to think they have an indepth knowledge of all these foreign players from seeing a few snippets on the telly and then try to pass themselves off as experts. Like the ones who throw out names nobody has heard off and then the socalled experts google him to try to appear knowledgeable. I rather we looked at the Jimmy Bullards of this world tbh than drop down from the top targets that are destined for bigger clubs to the flash in the pan, he scored a good goal type that will probably find the pace and physical aspects of the premier league too much for them.

Oh I see... Have you ever seen them play? I doubt it...

You'd have been mortified at the prospect of us paying so much for Modric then, considering you'd not seen much of him?

I agree some on here claim to be experts on transfer targets, but there's nothing at all to suggest this player is the limit of our ambitions. Nor is there anything to suggest we've not been scouting him before the Euros. As it is, it's just a bollocks story from the Mirror. In any case, considering he's very young and is apparently going for only £3m more than Ameobi, I can't see the problem here.

Your opening line confuses me, if it's obvious we're not going to get the best players, why refer to 'sinking levels', 'euro trash' etc?

Harry - Keegan spoke on BBC Radio Newcastle this morning to say that he wouldn't be bringing anyone in before the end of July, he doesn't want to pay wages for players who aren't playing - looks like you'll have to wait!

A large percentage of this board is waiting for you to come back and say that was a joke.

Praying it is joke

Of course it was, sick of reading "OMGZ!!"112121 we are not signed any11111"!!!!""

Wait ... so this guy moans about Derdiyok and then suggests Jimmy freakin' Bullard?!!!

Get a life you loser. Some infuriating individuals on here honestly.

Just shut up and wait till we buy someone and then you can see how they play before running your mouth when there is no knowledge in your head.

Guest elbee909

Yes, young and improving players like Viana, JD Tomasson, Carl Cort, Lua Lua, Gavilan, Maric... Oh.

Oh come on. You would have done the same, if someone asked for experienced players... Kluivert, Luque, Boumsong, Marcelino. I am not the most optimistic guy, but that's just beyond...

Yeah.  I would have done that. :D

Guest VegasToon

This is an easy "YES PLEASE!" for me.  He looked good at the Euros.  I would be the happiest with him over Gomis, Gomez, and even that Chakjsdkjas fellow.

This is an easy "YES PLEASE!" for me.  He looked good at the Euros.   I would be the happiest with him over Gomis, Gomez, and even that Chakjsdkjas fellow.

You're basing this entirely on one tournament then. Nice one.

He did look decent in the games I saw at the Euro's.  He is young, comparatively cheap and seems keen to come.  all of teh factors make me pretty optimistic about this one.  Can't claim to have any in depth knowledge of the lad though....

This is an easy "YES PLEASE!" for me.  He looked good at the Euros.   I would be the happiest with him over Gomis, Gomez, and even that Chakjsdkjas fellow.

You're basing this entirely on one tournament then. Nice one.

He can't be much worse than Milan Baros, can he?

Wait ... so this guy moans about Derdiyok and then suggests Jimmy freakin' Bullard?!!!

Get a life you loser. Some infuriating individuals on here honestly.

Just shut up and wait till we buy someone and then you can see how they play before running your mouth when there is no knowledge in your head.

What are you talking about? Bullard is perfect. Get him in, and Nolan, and Crouchy. Sell Oba and get David Nugent in on the cheap. Then finish up by buying Dawson, Shorey, and Phil Neville.

----------------Harper----------------

Neville--Taylor--Dawson--Shorey

-----------------Butty-----------------

------Bullard-------------Nolan------

----------------Nugent----------------

----------Owen----Crouchy----------

Good old fashioned English team.