Old link with Derdiyok

Cronky

Guest Jungle Barry

Joey Barton is a million times better than Jimmy Dullard. I hink if he hadn't have broken his foot in pre-season we'd have seen a lot more from him.

Obviously there's the other baggage that goes with him which is a shame (putting it mildly admittedly) but he wasn't too far from the truth when he mentioned himself and Richard Dunne just about keeping city up on their own. If i remember rightly when they beat us 1-0 near the end of the season before last he was absolutely immense, pissed all over Parker & Butt that day

Provided there's actually some truth in our interest, I wouldn't be surprised if this was our first signing - and maybe next week.

His profile fits that rumoured to be on our agenda, the Swiss have been out of Euro 2008 for some time now, and the players are back for pre-season a week on Monday.

Just my own 2+2 effort. I should work for the papers.

Wait ... so this guy moans about Derdiyok and then suggests Jimmy freakin' Bullard?!!!

Get a life you loser. Some infuriating individuals on here honestly.

Just shut up and wait till we buy someone and then you can see how they play before running your mouth when there is no knowledge in your head.

What are you talking about? Bullard is perfect. Get him in, and Nolan, and Crouchy. Sell Oba and get David Nugent in on the cheap. Then finish up by buying Dawson, Shorey, and Phil Neville.

----------------Harper----------------

Neville--Taylor--Dawson--Shorey

-----------------Butty-----------------

------Bullard-------------Nolan------

----------------Nugent----------------

----------Owen----Crouchy----------

Good old fashioned English team.

Would rather keep our team from last season

;D

Provided there's actually some truth in our interest, I wouldn't be surprised if this was our first signing - and maybe next week.

His profile fits that rumoured to be on our agenda, the Swiss have been out of Euro 2008 for some time now, and the players are back for pre-season a week on Monday.

I totally agree striker-wise; this guy seems to tick the boxes with regards to our situation up-front. Seems quick, strong, young and hungry from what I've seen of him, I think he'll be our 1st signing too

I always remember that goal he scored, closely followed by his hair i must admit.

Chelsea away?

I'm thinking more the free-kick away at Blackburn in the cup.....

Aye, that's the one. (Thought he'd only scored once tbh.)

Guest Robert 32

Back page of the Sunday Sun claims we're in advanced talks and all parties expect the deal to go ahead soon.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/06/29/toon-open-talks-with-swiss-star-79310-21168213/

NEWCASTLE have opened talks over a move for Swiss starlet Eren Derdiyok.

The Sunday Sun has learned that United officials first met with representatives of the 20-year-old FC Basel striker in London last week.

And after further positive discussions, everything is set for the Magpies to move in with a firm bid and imminently land the youngest player to feature at Euro 2008.

Derdiyok, whose parents are Turkish, is also attracting interest from Besiktas and Fenerbahce, but neither club could match the wages on offer from Newcastle.

News of United’s decisive move for Derdiyok comes as St Etienne insist another confirmed target, Bafetimbi Gomis, is staying with them.

“Gomis and (team-mate) Pascal Feindouno are untransferrable,” said St Etienne co-president Laurent Romeyer. “With Gomis, Feindouno will belong to this club next season.”

The Sunday Sun has learned that United officials first met with representatives of the 20-year-old FC Basel striker in London last week.

Funny how that detail made none of the nationals, eh?