So, Is Ashley Struggling To Shift ST's?

Crumpy Gunt

if true all perfectly backs up what NE5's been saying for ages; that the new owner doesn't understand football

for what it's worth i reckon we'd have seen a similar decline under shepherd had he still been in charge but the lad might be right if this continues, maybe he just doesn't get it?  maybe he's had his wanker spurs fan mates telling him we're mugs and will turn up to watch dogshit every week so he went and bought the club on the back of that?

maybe not, we'll see...

I've often wondered is it in clubs' interest to sell more season tickets?

Your crowds will probably be the same next year as they were this. If they do that with fewer season tickets sold, that means a higher take per seat over the season, with individual match tickets costing more.

We've capped our ST numbers at 27k, which is the number we had last year. The board have said that they want as many tickets available for the "occasional" supporter as possible. 42k minus 3k away fans minus 27k STs leaves 12k match day tickets per game.

Their reasoning doesn't really stand up, it looks clearly like they're maximising income from those non ST tickets, an argument which would point at Ashley probably not being that bothered if your ST sales are down.

Clubs are pretty clever money making machines these days, they've probably thought of all the points in the thread above.

I've often wondered is it in clubs' interest to sell more season tickets?

Your crowds will probably be the same next year as they were this. If they do that with fewer season tickets sold, that means a higher take per seat over the season, with individual match tickets costing more.

We've capped our ST numbers at 27k, which is the number we had last year. The board have said that they want as many tickets available for the "occasional" supporter as possible. 42k minus 3k away fans minus 27k STs leaves 12k match day tickets per game.

Their reasoning doesn't really stand up, it looks clearly like they're maximising income from those non ST tickets, an argument which would point at Ashley probably not being that bothered if your ST sales are down.

Clubs are pretty clever money making machines these days, they've probably thought of all the points in the thread above.

makes sense....so er, shit, maybe ashley does understand football!!!??!?!!

fuck i'm lost, without a concrete standpoint to argue pointlessly i can't continue, goodbye cruel world...

Guest Stephen927

I reckon that even if they don't sell the allocation, the majority of home games will still have a decent attendance with people just paying for individual games whenever they fancy. Obviously with games like Bolton we'll have low attendances though.

Who knows who we're going to sign. 1 or 2 big signings and I can see there being a rush to buy season tickets.

Well having a 28% increase and then being told by the customer services manager at SJP, that having the seat bond only entitles us to free cup tickets and not lower prices is taking the piss. He has really shot himself in the foot with the lack of a one year pay monthly thing.

i'm not so sure the  'make a signing before renewal date' argument holds water, IF we make a few good signings then people will go and take up the left over tickets. whether its renewals or new applications doesn't make a difference to the club, the price is still the same and the season doesnt start until august.

missed the point, if we'd went and signed jimmy fucking bullard or someone it wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference, the point surely is to "say" to the fans things are gonna get better by indicating it with a (EDIT) 'trophy' signing

right now no-one has a clue what the clubs intentions are and that explains a drop in renewals (assuming it's correct)

going out now and signing another alan smith, david rozenthal or cacapa won't change shit either mind

absolutely nothing in your post brings me any closer to getting this 'point' that i missed

Thing is despite last season overall being awful, we did play so much better at the end when the Keegan factor really kicked in and certain players started believing in themselves and wanting to play.

Our front 3 looked great, Barton looked like an international and even the back 4 looked like a unit.

I think we have to trust Keegan when he says we need a few quality players to add to an already decent squad and not panic cos we haven't (yet) been linked with every Johnny Foreigner who's had a half decent Euro 2008.

Keegan has a good record of investing wisely in players and this board's philosophy and business acumen is completely different to the last, which is no bad thing.

Trust those who are in charge, don't panic and look forward to a much more positive season than the last one.

Thing is despite last season overall being awful, we did play so much better at the end when the Keegan factor really kicked in and certain players started believing in themselves and wanting to play.

Our front 3 looked great, Barton looked like an international and even the back 4 looked like a unit.

I think we have to trust Keegan when he says we need a few quality players to add to an already decent squad and not panic cos we haven't (yet) been linked with every Johnny Foreigner who's had a half decent Euro 2008.

Keegan has a good record of investing wisely in players and this board's philosophy and business acumen is completely different to the last, which is no bad thing.

Trust those who are in charge, don't panic and look forward to a much more positive season than the last one.

:clap:

Works out at 30 quid a game for the cheapest seats then...

My renewal works out at £18 per game.

Just been up to choose our new seats.

The "singing section" is still pretty much completely empty. Outside of the front five rows we were offered any seat we wanted in the corner.

Bloke that showed us our seats said virtually everyone who's been up has complained about it.

Either everyone moved has picked somewhere other than the corner, or they haven't renewed at all.

Whatever the case, tomorrow being the last day to choose seats suggests the singing corner has been a damp squib amongst existing season ticket holders.

The "singing section" is still pretty much completely empty. Outside of the front five rows we were offered any seat we wanted in the corner.

Bloke that showed us our seats said virtually everyone who's been up has complained about it.

Either everyone moved has picked somewhere other than the corner, or they haven't renewed at all.

Whatever the case, tomorrow being the last day to choose seats suggests the singing corner has been a damp squib amongst existing season ticket holders.

Anyone who takes the 'Singing section' is a mug. It's all well and good getting a cheaper season ticket, but the prices will rise, and you'll be paying the same as what you used to for a decent view.

Anyone who takes the 'Singing section' is a mug. It's all well and good getting a cheaper season ticket, but the prices will rise, and you'll be paying the same as what you used to for a decent view.

I'll sit anywhere with the same 6 lads I've been going with for years.  If I could sit on my todd with a great view for half the price I'd knock it back.  The craic is all that's entertained me for 4 years now.

I'll sit anywhere with the same 6 lads I've been going with for years.  If I could sit on my todd with a great view for half the price I'd knock it back.  The craic is all that's entertained me for 4 years now.

The craic is defo important like. :nods:

Aye, but that's got bugger all to do with the offer though.

You should be able to get all six of you together, elsewhere in the ground. Eventually.

You should be able to get all six of you together, elsewhere in the ground.

Just a general comment really that one.

You should be able to get all six of you together, elsewhere in the ground. Eventually.

But we couldn't next season.

ive renewed, but only just, so i didnt take the option of 3 years because i dont know if i'l want the ticket next year.

Used to say i would never give my ticket up, but now im getting older there are other things to spend money on, plus, we dont get much back for our loyalty.

Heard from someone who does the ground tours that they are really struggling to sell the boxes this season because of the 30% increase in prices