So, Is Ashley Struggling To Shift ST's?

Crumpy Gunt

Of the 12 I would generally have a beer with on a match day who I know have been long term ST holders only 4 have renewed. And one of them only because I offered him the chance to pay me monthly on the credit card..

I think Ashleys got it wrong charging the £540 (a £60 increase.) Basically looking after the more affluent at the cost of the folk who might not be able to commit to 3 years in whatever form package.

I bet there's loads know folk not renewing.

Obviously it's not very scientific, but of the 121 people who've voted on here, 23% are not renewing this year. 17% of which think it costs too much.

Not great news.

If we're struggling that badly overall, I'm quite surprised the club didn't look to buy someone before the deadline...

Just my personal opinion but Ashley's chosen the wrong time to hike the prices up.

The dross on show last season + economic situation + no signings + £60 increase = Major headache for Ashley.

I'm not defending the increase at all, but if it needed doing then I don't think it was going to be welcomed at any stage. If they'd frozen it this year and it went up by £90 next year, wouldn't the complaints be just as loud?

Agree that the shitty season we've just endured doesn't help at all like.

I think Ashleys got it wrong charging the £540 (a £60 increase.) Basically looking after the more affluent at the cost of the folk who might not be able to commit to 3 years in whatever form package.

He is not really looking after the more affluent season ticket holders because members with so called "Premium Seats" such as Platinum Club and Sovereign Club have seen the biggest increases in cost this time round.

Take your point about those who can afford to commit to 3 years getting a better deal than those who choose to spot buy but, that is the same in everything in life.  Buy in bulk and save cost.

It will be really interesting to see how many people are actually in the ground for the first home game of the season, typically one of the poorest turn out games of the season anyway (Bolton).

I know a good few lads that are not renewing, some say they would have if we had made signings by now, some were so angry at the price increase after the shit we have had to put up with.

All remaining season tickets last season were snapped up when KK came back, but even him being here now is not enough, everyone knows the squad is very poor and even KK cannot work miracles with that bunch.

They will know by now how many have renewed and I bet there is a bit of panic at the club and many questions being asked about why so many have not renewed.

I have renewed but I am lucky, well if being blind is lucky :lol: but my ST is cheap so signing up for the 2 year option as I had already paid for next season was not a bother, had I been paying full price then now ay would I have renewed..

Guest loonietoonie

Well if they are they arnt being very helpful to the people who want a season ticket as ive emailed them numerous times and keep getting we will be in touch shortly

Well if they are they arnt being very helpful to the people who want a season ticket as ive emailed them numerous times and keep getting we will be in touch shortly

In all truth, the BO said they will announce it when they go on general sale AFTER they have dealt with current ST applications & moves. 

I'm sure they will let you know as soon as that is done.

I know a good few lads that are not renewing, some say they would have if we had made signings by now, some were so angry at the price increase after the shit we have had to put up with.

All remaining season tickets last season were snapped up when KK came back, but even him being here now is not enough, everyone knows the squad is very poor and even KK cannot work miracles with that bunch.

They will know by now how many have renewed and I bet there is a bit of panic at the club and many questions being asked about why so many have not renewed.

I have renewed but I am lucky, well if being blind is lucky :lol: but my ST is cheap so signing up for the 2 year option as I had already paid for next season was not a bother, had I been paying full price then now ay would I have renewed..

said in other threads (when accused of panicing) that if nothing else, the club should have made an early signing for ST sales purposes

was ignored by Dave et al irrelevant 'cause the window didn't close for another 3 months or whatever - suppose they're right like, if the club repsonded to low renewals by spending on the squad the available ST's would get snapped up anyhow

I know a good few lads that are not renewing, some say they would have if we had made signings by now, some were so angry at the price increase after the s*** we have had to put up with.

said in other threads (when accused of panicing) that if nothing else, the club should have made an early signing for ST sales purposes

was ignored by Dave et al irrelevant 'cause the window didn't close for another 3 months or whatever - suppose they're right like, if the club repsonded to low renewals by spending on the squad the available ST's would get snapped up anyhow

Thats it though, loads may be waiting to see who we sign before deciding on whether or not to apply for an ST, it takes them ages to sort out the renewals so that creates more time for the club to sign players, but time is ticking by and if they send out ST application forms  and we still have no new signings then I think its going to be a big shock for the club.

People are not going to pay to watch the same old shit, its just not going to happen.

Have they released how much individual match tickets are going to be next season yet?

Surely if ST's are going up match tickets will be going up the same if not more.

i'm not so sure the  'make a signing before renewal date' argument holds water, IF we make a few good signings then people will go and take up the left over tickets. whether its renewals or new applications doesn't make a difference to the club, the price is still the same and the season doesnt start until august.

i'm not so sure the  'make a signing before renewal date' argument holds water, IF we make a few good signings then people will go and take up the left over tickets. whether its renewals or new applications doesn't make a difference to the club, the price is still the same and the season doesnt start until august.

They won't be able to buy the three year thing though will they? Which obviously the club would prefer as it's guaranteed etc.

They won't be able to buy the three year thing though will they? Which obviously the club would prefer as it's guaranteed etc.

i dont know, i don't know of any reason why they wouldn't offer new applications the various deals. hopefully i'll find out either way soon as i'm supposed to be getting an extra seat but the bastards haven't been in touch with me yet.

Simply cannot afford to renew this season got money going out all over the place like many people so will have to save damn hard for the season after ,Ashley imho is going to get a big shock .

missed the point, if we'd went and signed jimmy fucking bullard or someone it wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference, the point surely is to "say" to the fans things are gonna get better by indicating it with a (EDIT) 'trophy' signing

right now no-one has a clue what the clubs intentions are and that explains a drop in renewals (assuming it's correct)

going out now and signing another alan smith, david rozenthal or cacapa won't change shit either mind

Guest Robert 32

missed the point, if we'd went and signed jimmy f***ing bullard or someone it wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference, the point surely is to "say" to the fans things are gonna get better by indicating it with a signing

right now no-one has a clue what the clubs intentions are and that explains a drop in renewals (assuming it's correct)

going out now and signing another alan smith, david rozenthal or cacapa won't change s*** either mind

Jimmy Bullard is better than all of our central midfielders.

It doesn't matter what anyone on here says about ST's. We'll sell them all and every league game will be more than 95% full, with the majority more than 98% full.

I know the press often slaughter us for this, but it's a fact: most of the football seen at SJP last season was just fucking boring.

Like it or not, the game is an entertainment business; for £500+ and all the hours spent, one wants to be entertained. Until Keegan started picking things up there just wasn't enough to justify the cost, so to me it's no real surprise some people aren't going back.

The signings may tempt them as a signal of where Ashley wants to be.

People had high hopes when Keegan was brought back but with it seeming like he is not being backed and all this back room staff mess about with Wise and shit, people have just thought "fuck it, just watch it  on TV".

We all thought it would be exciting times ahead, new owner with plenty of dosh and what seemed to be a real love for the club and a passion for watching us play, Keegan brought back.

Season ends and pow, Chairman leaves, season ticket prices go up, no new players signed..