Pre-season training starts today

Dave

This is a good old-fashioned Skirge-inspired fkn positivity thread. No real reason.

:celb:

cue pictures in the chronicle of the players running on tynemouth longsands.

Allardyce didn't allow that last year.

will Barton turn up

Isn't out of jail yet AFAIK

This could possibly be his first day of parole, but I doubt the club will let him show up until we've met him for talks.

He'll probably need a shorter preseason than the others.

I'd imagine the 13 senior players Keegan has to work with today are:

Shay Given

Steve Harper

Habib Beye

Steven Taylor

Cacapa

David Edgar

Jose Enrique

James Milner

Nicky Butt

Charles N'Zogbia

Damien Duff

Michael Owen

Obafemi Martins

When you look at it that way, even though there are players still to come in, we need the bodies in over the next five weeks.

I'd imagine the 13 senior players Keegan has to work with today are:

Shay Given

Steve Harper

Habib Beye

Steven Taylor

Cacapa

David Edgar

Jose Enrique

James Milner

Nicky Butt

Charles N'Zogbia

Damien Duff

Michael Owen

Obafemi Martins

When you look at it that way, even though there are players still to come in, we need the bodies in over the next five weeks.

Faye?

Smith?

Shola?

Faye was on international duty if I'm not mistaken, so he gets a couple more weeks off.

What about Beye

Beye wasn't on international duty, so he doesn't.

Well Chronicle said there were 13 players, with the mention of Smith and Shola, it doesn't quite add up....

You only presumed your list of players were there though. If someone's made a mistake about this, I think it's you tbh.

Well Chronicle said there were 13 players, with the mention of Smith and Shola, it doesn't quite add up....

You only presumed your list of players were there though. If someone's made a mistake about this, I think it's you tbh.

I named 13 senior players who aren't listed by the Chronicle or nufc.com as injured or on an extended break. Clearly either the Chronicle are wrong, or an additional two players are absent for an unexplained reason.

I named 13 senior players who aren't listed by the Chronicle or nufc.com as injured or on an extended break.

Fair enough. I was just saying your list must have been wrong in some way shape or form.

13 players back on first day - that's not a lot.  :undecided:

Looking on the bright side of the shortened list, at least it gives more of our juniors a chance to train with the likes of Owen, Butt and Beye under the eyes of Keegan.

Will give them a boost.