Another transfer done and dusted in a few hours...

Dave

How does a thread about the press knowing nothing about our transfer business bring out the whingers?  :lol:

Maybe because the press knowing about our transfer dealings and the quality of the players involved are logically related? Do you really think we will sign top quality, high profile players without the press having a clue until it happens? A relatively unknown Argentinian and a low profile Liverpool youth/squad player yes, but somebody being courted by other big clubs? If so, what went wrong in the Modric (no) deal?

Lets see ...

Option 1: act like Spurs, wank yourselves off over the bajillions of signings you get linked with every day, look like twats when the vast majority (who most people have only ever "seen" on FM anyway)  dont sign, but hey, you get a month or two of jealousy from other fans on their message boards because you're acting like Charlie Big Bollocks in the transfer market.

Option 2: Quietly go about acquiring the players you want, nothing breaking until they sign and it is all done and dusted. Get the players you want, don't get excited about stuff that is never going to happen, but you know your management team are doing all they can to get their targets in.

Absolute fucking no brainer.

problem is you are talking bollocks mate, the vast majority of players NUFC have signed in the last 15 years have been conducted without undue publicity.

The hype and shit you are taking in here is no different to the hype and shit that sunday tabloids print.

Ironic ?

Definitely.

If you like I am quite prepared to draw up a long list of players signed that willl show this to be true. And by the way, how long has this Danny Glover rumours be going on ?

Laughable.

Maybe because the press knowing about our transfer dealings and the quality of the players involved are logically related? Do you really think we will sign top quality, high profile players without the press having a clue until it happens? A relatively unknown Argentinian and a low profile Liverpool youth/squad player yes, but somebody being courted by other big clubs? If so, what went wrong in the Modric (no) deal?

We'll not know if the transfer dealings and player quality are related until we've completed our transfer business.  I doubt that we're now finished with our transfer dealing but we know nothing about anything else happening.

Lets see ...

Option 1: act like Spurs, w*** yourselves off over the bajillions of signings you get linked with every day, look like twats when the vast majority (who most people have only ever "seen" on FM anyway)  dont sign, but hey, you get a month or two of jealousy from other fans on their message boards because you're acting like Charlie Big Bollocks in the transfer market.

Option 2: Quietly go about acquiring the players you want, nothing breaking until they sign and it is all done and dusted. Get the players you want, don't get excited about stuff that is never going to happen, but you know your management team are doing all they can to get their targets in.

Absolute f***ing no brainer.

problem is you are talking bollocks mate, the vast majority of players NUFC have signed in the last 15 years have been conducted without undue publicity.

The hype and s*** you are taking in here is no different to the hype and s*** that sunday tabloids print.

Ironic ?

Definitely.

If you like I am quite prepared to draw up a long list of players signed that willl show this to be true. And by the way, how long has this Danny Glover rumours be going on ?

Laughable.

that was the way till robson left for the most part but then when souness came in we had lengthy drawn out and very public transfers (boumsong,emre style),,,,roeder with martins wasn't exactly private either

How does a thread about the press knowing nothing about our transfer business bring out the whingers?   :lol:

he won't answer this.

How does a thread about the press knowing nothing about our transfer business bring out the whingers?   :lol:

The Freddiementalist mindset perceives it as praise for the new regime, and perceives praise for the new regime as critcism of the old regime. This heresy must be countered by instantly emphasising the downside, or whatever might be construed as such.

It's a bit like Muslims rioting in Nigeria because of cartoons in Denmark, only with less violence and more whining.

It also results in the curious spectacle of NE5, Daehtihs and Louise Taylor all singing from the same baleful hymn sheet.

Lets see ...

Option 1: act like Spurs, w*** yourselves off over the bajillions of signings you get linked with every day, look like twats when the vast majority (who most people have only ever "seen" on FM anyway)  dont sign, but hey, you get a month or two of jealousy from other fans on their message boards because you're acting like Charlie Big Bollocks in the transfer market.

The hype and s*** you are taking in here is no different to the hype and s*** that sunday tabloids print.

Ironic ?

Definitely.

Laughable.

that was the way till robson left for the most part but then when souness came in we had lengthy drawn out and very public transfers (boumsong,emre style),,,,roeder with martins wasn't exactly private either

there shouldn't be any reason to list these playes tbh. Anyboyy who has actually supported the club, will know its true and wouldnt

dispute it

Lets see ...

Ironic ?

Definitely.

Laughable.

there shouldn't be any reason to list these playes tbh. Anyboyy who has actually supported the club, will know its true and wouldnt

dispute it

what ?

Shame the Modric transfer (or lack of it) was not so efficient.

It is a shame and shows what can go wrong when potential deals are made public, all the more reason to keep them quiet.

The reason NUFC needs to keep transfers quiet is that too many other clubs are capable of hijacking the player if he is any good - Man U can be relaxed about it because not many clubs can do that to them..

The same applies to Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

How does a thread about the press knowing nothing about our transfer business bring out the whingers?   :lol:

he won't answer this.

Unbelievable's point is the best one yet on our transfers this summer - when we sign a 10m+ player this summer under the noses of the press i'll listen and doff my cap accordingly, til then i'm finding it unlikely there are reams of journalists hanging about liverpools training ground to see who their reserves are signing for, and we managed to keep it from them

more likely no-one gives a flying fuck whether danny guthrie signs for bolton or newcastle (his reported choices) 'cause it's not newsworthy

The reason NUFC needs to keep transfers quiet is that too many other clubs are capable of hijacking the player if he is any good - Man U can be relaxed about it because not many clubs can do that to them..

The same applies to Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

this will only apply when we sign (or indeed bid for?) someone of sufficient stature a club capable of hijacking the deal would be interested in, to date we're pretty fucking far from that aren't we?

It is a shame and shows what can go wrong when potential deals are made public, all the more reason to keep them quiet.

Leaks to the press will 'inadvertantly' occur when an in-demand player is the subject of a transfer move, agents and the selling club are usually the main culprits as they hope to seal a better financial cut for themselves. It's natural when we pursue somebody like Martins it will enter into the public domain. It doesn't excuse Mort/Jimenez/Ashley for not being able to sell a better 'footballing future' than what Spurs were able to offer. It's about selling a better 'footballing future/alternative' than your immediate rivals when the likes of Modric are up for grabs, and our current front-office have not been very good at it.

BTW i seem to recall the 'Viana transfer' going through very little press fanfare, in comparison with the Martins' deal. Add Woodgate as well. Courses for horses Mick

How does a thread about the press knowing nothing about our transfer business bring out the whingers?  :lol:

he won't answer this.

Unbelievable's point is the best one yet on our transfers this summer - when we sign a 10m+ player this summer under the noses of the press i'll listen and doff my cap accordingly, til then i'm finding it unlikely there are reams of journalists hanging about liverpools training ground to see who their reserves are signing for, and we managed to keep it from them

more likely no-one gives a flying f*** whether danny guthrie signs for bolton or newcastle (his reported choices) 'cause it's not newsworthy

Agree entirely.

I'm confused; Guthrie was reported as telling his mates that he expected to join us a few weeks ago. This did appear in the press but no-one got excited as he isn't a big name. This got mentioned with the rumours of Milner and after that stopped it was still reported that Guthrie expected to come here.

more likely no-one gives a flying fuck whether danny guthrie signs for bolton or newcastle (his reported choices) 'cause it's not newsworthy

One might (facetiously) suggest that Jonas Guiterrez was a 10+m "rated" player who we not only managed to sign without anyone knowing anything, but also managing not to pay said 10m+ ;)

I'd say the majority of SBR's signings were done with minimum fuss, as someone said above it was only the incompetence of Souness and Roeder that led to everything been hung in public. Remember Kuyt ffs?

One might (facetiously) suggest that Jonas Guiterrez was a 10+m "rated" player who we not only managed to sign without anyone knowing anything, but also managing not to pay said 10m+ ;)

one might yes, however one might also say that when this "rate" was proposed to interested parties by mallorca they ran a mile ;) :lol:

Guest neesy111

the club blame the chronicle 4 this, this is why they've veen cut off from the club completely now (except taylor of course)

I'd say the majority of SBR's signings were done with minimum fuss, as someone said above it was only the incompetence of Souness and Roeder that led to everything been hung in public. Remember Kuyt ffs?

So what you saying Ally transfer becoming public is more about the managers than the boards?

the club blame the chronicle 4 this, this is why they've veen cut off from the club completely now (except taylor of course)

Could it be that in recent weeks  no players or any of the 1st team football coaching staff have spoke to the Chron because they have been on holiday. Since the players return I have seen interviews in the Chron with Edgar, Carroll, Harper & Given + Taylor.

As for the club blaming the Chron for not signing Modric pass me the straws your clutching at bro. It wasn't that long James (iirc) was blaming sinister controlling agents.

Could it be that in recent weeks  no players or any of the 1st team football coaching staff have spoke to the Chron because they have been on holiday. Since the players return I have seen interviews in the Chron with Edgar, Carroll, Harper & Given + Taylor.

As for the club blaming the Chron for not signing Modric pass me the straws your clutching at bro. It wasn't that long James (iirc) was blaming sinister controlling agents.

yeah, i thought the inside track was his agent decided on spurs despite us bidding more and offering more wages right?  what the fucks that got to with anything being leaked to the press?  they decided not to talk to us from what i've heard here