Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Guest Anth.Nufc

my dad is managing direc of Mott Macdonald who will be Coloccini's kit sponsor for the upcoming season, the deal has been confirmed. We have him!

Quite quick to sort a kit sponser. but still :frantic:

my dad is managing direc of Mott Macdonald who will be Coloccini's kit sponsor for the upcoming season, the deal has been confirmed. We have him!

Out of interest who did your dad sponser last season? Serious question btw.

Ameobi, some improvement eh

Quite quick to sort a kit sponser. but still :frantic:

he's been pushing for it since we were linked with him over a week ago, which is where i got the agent quotes from

Guest elbee909

They don't need to announce anything these days, do they?  In the old PLC days signings had to be announced asap for legal reasons.  Maybe they just want to pick a more opportune moment to let everyone know.  Maybe they're too busy getting more signings in to sit down for the cameras and crow about a signing they've made.

Guest neesy111

They don't need to announce anything these days, do they?  In the old PLC days signings had to be announced asap for legal reasons.  Maybe they just want to pick a more opportune moment to let everyone know.  Maybe they're too busy getting more signings in to sit down for the cameras and crow about a signing they've made.

we all know he's on his way over, depor & ronaldo have said

would rather them be concentrating on other deals than keeping the press happy, although a simply statement on .cock would be enough

No 11am press conference then?

If it is in spain, there is little chance of us hearing about it so soon. On the other hand, if he is meant to be flying in for a medical, i'd love to know what he's still doing in spain.

I think most of what we are hearing is bollocks now, just a matter of confirmation, which i expect in the next few hours.

is the club trying to get another face in now and hoping to have a multiple unveiling ?

Alot of people of said that but i really see no advantage to having a double unveiling. However, i fully expect us to be in for other players regardless of the Coloccini situation.

Hopefully, Coloccini will be confirmed today, followed by someone next week.

is the club trying to get another face in now and hoping to have a multiple unveiling ?

Alot of people of said that but i really see no advantage to having a double unveiling. However, i fully expect us to be in for other players regardless of the Coloccini situation.

there is no advantage but it looks good.

Not quite sure the people in charge care about media coups and all that. Think they would rather just get the guys through the door. Doesn't mean for a second that by coincidence we couldn't sign a couple of people in one day ala Faye and Beye.

Guest neesy111

Not quite sure the people in charge care about media coups and all that. Think they would rather just get the guys through the door. Doesn't mean for a second that by coincidence we couldn't sign a couple of people in one day ala Faye and Beye.

could it be deportivo we're haggling over details etc, cos that is most likely with the transfer deals that have been completed with them

It's on the transfer talk page again. :lol:

I'm suprised they didn't go with:

COLOCCINI SIGNS.....

...according to today's papers. Also, there is alot of talk of Alan Smith moving to Everton and....

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Anal's Crack

NEWCASTLE United and Deportivo La Coruna have finally agreed a near £10m fee for Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini.

And the move will go through providing the 26-year-old defender passes a medical at St James’s Park and agrees personal terms with United.

United’s top brass, as is their policy, have said nothing about the deal, but Deportivo released a statement today confirming that the two clubs had agreed a fee.

The statement said: “Real Club Deportivo and Newcastle have agreed the transfer of Fabricio Coloccini to the English club.

“The clubs had reached a verbal agreement last week which was today confirmed in writing.”

Transfers have a habit of being on and off these days, and United fans could be excused for remaining anxious until everything is done and dusted.

Coloccini himself is more than anxious to play for United, but it is a big step for him and the terms will have to be right.

He will be fully aware that United play Valencia in a friendly at St James’s Park on Saturday, and if the deal does go through he could make his League debut in a black-and-white shirt against Manchester United and fellow Argentinian international Carlos Tevez in 10 days’ time.

If he does sign, he will become United’s most expensive defender, taking the record off Jonathan Woodgate.

Keegan still wants another couple of players in before the opener at Old Trafford.

He does have a player in from Boavista at the training ground, but he will not come into the reckoning – nor will Joey Barton who, the United boss says, is still two or three weeks away.

Certainly, Keegan would not like the sight of scouts from Arsenal, Manchester City and Portsmouth, as well as Sir Alex Ferguson brother’s Martin, in the stands at St James’s Park last night.

The United boss can hardly afford to let anyone go at the moment, and he was quick to play down talk about Alan Smith going to Everton, insisting his England international was left out of last night’s draw with PSV Eindhoven because he had an ankle injury.

Meanwhile, the word coming out of West London is that United are interested in Fulham’s Northern Ireland striker David Healy and that he would be available for £1.5m.

Healy is now Northern Ireland’s leading scorer and an iconic figure, and he did play for Dennis Wise at Leeds United.

All this talk has reached Belfast, and the Healy camp are planning to talk to United to see what the position is.

There has been one departure from United, with Arthur Cox, having beavered away in the background since Keegan returned, happy to let his protege get on with things now.

The former boss manger has again severed his connections with the club, but Keegan knows that Cox is always on the other end of a telephone.