Coloccini Poll

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he left on a webster, no way in the world would we get him, he would go to a champions league club for sure.

the shitty thing is if we didn't sign him i could easily see him going to chelsea to replace carvalho if he followed mourinho to inter.

it's a possibility.

Mike Ashley would not take kindly to being fukd about like this. He is an impulsive kind of guy and i think he would simply say fuk it!

Then he's not suited to being a football owner.

Partly true. It also means he could one day turn around and say f*** it, I want to win the Champions League in 2 years, splashing out on all sorts of galacticos

Not exactly shown that kinda desire.

Mike Ashley would not take kindly to being fukd about like this. He is an impulsive kind of guy and i think he would simply say fuk it!

Partly true. It also means he could one day turn around and say f*** it, I want to win the Champions League in 2 years, splashing out on all sorts of galacticos

I dunno, what about when he announced his favourite player was Alan Smith

I can see what people are saying with the walk away, it is a bad way to conduct business by Depor, but if this was any old player say Senderous or Anton Ferdinand for example it wouldn't matter too much to lose out on them as they are unlikely to improve too much on what we have. But in Collicinni's case he SHOULD be a massive improvement on what we have got at the club so it is worth paying that little bit more.

Solid post :thup:

*mischevious mode on*

Wouldn't it be fair to say then that Coloccini is worth 10m to us?

See, the Depor president's behaviour has been poor - but so was his judgement in naming the (supposed) figure of 8m. Depor have admitted to sounding out replacements, and who is to say that when they were quoted ridiculous prices they realised they were stooging themselves by only asking for 8m from us?

Under this scenario, the question becomes "If Coloccini is worth 10m, should we pay it" - and if we insist on walking away with the final bid standing at 8m then we are cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Just because the seller is a fool does not mean his product is not worth market value - and if he foolishly names a price below market value but later realises his mistake, does that make us foolish or wise if we walked away because we couldn't get a "bargain"?

That just made me think he might be gay.

or he could admire Smith's sheer brilliance with a ball at his feet

Is that some kind of s&m reference?

Is that some kind of s&m reference?

for some reason i read that as sheer balliance with brill at his feet  :undecided:

this stuff seems to be in Skeletor's head only

I'm sure it's in Mike Ashley's head too. There's no other reason a person could enjoy Alan Smith's existence. I'm sure his mother is even ashamed of him.

I'm not sure what we should do tbh. :undecided:

At the end of the day the decision should be based on how much Keegan wants the player. If he feels we can get someone as good elsewhere then I'd be happy to see us tell Depor to do one. I don't suppose we'll ever find out though.

Walk Away.

If we pay the extra, we are sending a message out and we will not just pay an extra $2M this time. We'll be hit for it again and again, with the end result being either paying $10M extra in bumped up fees for the next few players, or us losing a few players as clubs do this to us repeatedly.

He might be worth $2M, but is he worth an extra $10M?

/?

He might be a loss, but is he going to be more of a loss than the next few players we have to walk away from to get some credibility back?

Walk.

I said pay the extra as we don't know if there is anyone else in the pipeline.  I can only hope that if there is, we've already made some contact and could swiftly complete the deal.  Ideally I'd like to have them in for the PSV and Valencia games so they have a bit of time to play with us before the season starts, which I think is very important.

However I think the deal could well be dead.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Will be criminal if we let him get away over a couple of million when we have a billionaire owner.

im sure we'd get that back if we sold Shola or Smith

I'm not voting either way, I think we should just hang in there for a few weeks, and watch the situation unfold.

a few weeks? mate it's August tomorrow

Better to wait a few weeks to get the right player and save a few million than getting a worser player or spending money unnecessarily.

Will be criminal if we let him get away over a couple of million when we have a billionaire owner.

There is almost an attitude that Ashley's own money is the clubs money.

Fact is that Ashley doesn't really have cash in his pockets and under his mattresses to throw around at a whim. The majority of his £1.4bn is tied up in his own businesses. Shinawatra and Gaydamak probably have more money available to invest in their clubs right now.

I'm not voting either way, I think we should just hang in there for a few weeks, and watch the situation unfold.

Better to wait a few weeks to get the right player and save a few million than getting a worser player or spending money unnecessarily.

i'd agree with you, but defenders like Coloccini generally grow on trees that want to be nowhere near 12th placed clubs. I'm convinced that we cannot do better than him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

There is almost an attitude that Ashley's own money is the clubs money.

Fact is that Ashley doesn't really have cash in his pockets and under his mattresses to throw around at a whim. The majority of his £1.4bn is tied up in his own businesses. Shinawatra and Gaydamak probably have more money available to invest in their clubs right now.

He made a billion in a day, that was cash wasnt it. I know he has reinvested a lot of it, us, buying back his business etc, but he must still have a fair few hundred million spare