Viduka out until September

BONTEMPI

Still can't believe people are so gutted that we might have to play Andy Carroll. I say give him his shot, he can't be any worse than Smith and Shola connection, and he needs the experience. His spell at Preston last year was a bit of a nightmare, so let him prove his worth.

What a strange mentality. He had a disaster at a bottom-half Championship club, so let him lead the line for a mid-table Premiership side? Christ.

Guest optimistic nit

I have to say it is amazing the state some of these pros allow they're bodies to get into. Unless he really gets his conditioning sorted and gets into really good shape i.e. loses the extra weight he is carrying, he will continue to have these little problems. It's pretty disgusting. Total lack of professionalism.

viduka has great technique, we knew he wasnt a fit player when we signed him, that wasnt going to change, so complaining about it now is useless.

we need a new striker who is quality, pretty much everyone is in agreement with this anyway, and that is whether viduka is fit or not. he was never going to be back before september anyway, when he first got injured im pretty sure that was his rumoured return date, so i dont know why this has come as such a suprise.

Guest optimistic nit

Ameobi's gonna play a lot of games for us this season, I'm certain of it.

There's little chance we're even looking at strikers in this transfer window.

im starting to get that impression as well tbh (hopefully only till january). fucking hell.

Ameobi's gonna play a lot of games for us this season, I'm certain of it.

There's little chance we're even looking at strikers in this transfer window.

Might as well throw Spear straight in. Can't be any worse really.

We currently have Owen, Martins, Viduka, Ameobi, Smith and Carroll on our full books as strikers. Surely people can understand that unless we bin one or more then we can't really bring anyone else in?

Are the club expected to just keep stockpiling players hoping the next one is better?

PS - before anyone whinges about me accepting mediocrity or whatever, I'd love to have a clear out and buy some upgrades but the problem is everyone knows two of those are shit and the other is unproven...

We currently have Owen, Martins, Viduka, Ameobi, Smith and Carroll on our full books as strikers. Surely people can understand that unless we bin one or more then we can't really bring anyone else in?

Are the club expected to just keep stockpiling players hoping the next one is better?

Buy another one then go all out to get rid of Ameobi and Smith.

Sadly it looks like Ameobi is happy enough to stay put, even when we've supposedly offered him to a few interested clubs for naff all. Can still see us being able to flog Smith though.

My bet is we're going pretty much all out to sell them as it is, it's just not happening. :lol:

Sadly it looks like Ameobi is happy enough to stay put, even when we've supposedly offered him to a few interested clubs for naff all. Can still see us being able to flog Smith though.

Cancel his contract if needs be. We don't need any Winston Bogarde's on board.

Guest optimistic nit

PS - before anyone whinges about me accepting mediocrity or whatever, I'd love to have a clear out and buy some upgrades but the problem is everyone knows two of those are shit and the other is unproven...

well really we cant be relying on any of them but two to start for us, it doesnt matter how many we have on our books, its about the quality, right now carroll, smith and shola are not good enough, so we need one more, regardless of how many we have. just cancel the fuckers contracts (smith or shola) if we cant get rid, i´m sick to death of both of them tbh.

How long does Ameobi actually have left on his contract? It never seems to end!

Expires at the end of the coming season.

Oh I'm not bothered then. One more season is a small price to pay.

Guest Mucky01

Is cancelling their contracts feasible or even a good idea?

Feasible yes, good idea no.

To cancel a players contract you have to pay them the wages to the end of their contracts.

Smith will never be sold unless we pay a percentage of his wages to cover any shortfall as he’s on mega bucks and no one will match that as he will have to move to a lesser level.

Guest Mucky01

No doubt the fat w***** will just be injured again as soon as he gets 'fully fit'.

I believe Viduka has this year on his contract and an option for us to give him another year after that. In the past in his final year at other clubs he always gets fitter and stays injury free when he’s playing for a new contract or for a move.

Here’s hoping he gets his fat arse in gear.

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about Smith or Ameobi getting games (starts, anyway) with Viduka being out. If Keegan envisages 4-4-2 it'll probably be Owen playing off Martins.

PS - before anyone whinges about me accepting mediocrity or whatever, I'd love to have a clear out and buy some upgrades but the problem is everyone knows two of those are s*** and the other is unproven...

Dave, you're just accepting medocrity there, can't you see that !

For once though I agree with you no way we can expect another striker coming in when we have so many options up top, perhaps if Ameobi had gone there may have been an opening but not now :(

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about Smith or Ameobi getting games (starts, anyway) with Viduka being out. If Keegan envisages 4-4-2 it'll probably be Owen playing off Martins.

Unfortunately I can't see that ever working and what's more to the point, I'm pretty sure KK sees that too.

And Blatter goes on about Slavery! What about the opposite when you can't get rid of the rubbish and have to continue to pay gash players on big wages who couldn't score in a brothel with an mastercard!