Viduka out until September

BONTEMPI

We should have been looking for a striker anyway, Viduka is getting on, his injury record for Middlesborough and us is horrendous.  Its absolutely ridiculous that we may have to rely on Andy Carrol at the start of the season, talk about inadequate squad!

the strikers :owen,martins,smith,carrol and ameobi

if we dont buy anyone before man utd game KK will play oba and owen

smith is sub and i rather will give chance to carrol then ameobi

This is what scares me, as we do have a number of "strikers" on the books.

I fear we will only bring another one in if someone comes in for both Alan Smith and Shola. Quite frightening.

We should have been looking for a striker anyway, Viduka is getting on, his injury record for Middlesborough and us is horrendous.  Its absolutely ridiculous that we may have to rely on Andy Carrol at the start of the season, talk about inadequate squad!

I fear we will only bring another one in if someone comes in for both Alan Smith and Shola. Quite frightening.

I'm quite looking forward to see this look again

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/51911107.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A64CCBC918532AD2848BC3F87336C851A1

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

Aye

i said this in the other thread.

We have 6 strikers now and unless we can get rid of Sholo and smith its pointless buying new one.

I hope we can sell sholo before the transfer window is closed.

I havent heard if anyone is interested in the blond.

And im under the impression that KK rates him.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/51911107.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A64CCBC918532AD2848BC3F87336C851A1

:lol:

I really hate it when he does that. It implies he came close when in actual fact he hardly ever does!

But i'll even let that go ... what I hate the most about Shola is not his inability to hold the ball up regularly or even his basic goal average, but his penchant for fouling the opposing defender evry single time he goes up for a ball in the air despite being 6 foot 3. Drives me crazy. He then procedes to whinge at the ref who then makes a point of blowing his whistle at Shola more regularly and it all goes further and further downhill from there.

haha love it

:lol:

I really hate it when he does that. It implies he came close when in actual fact he hardly ever does!

But i'll even let that go ... what I hate the most about Shola is not his inability to hold the ball up regularly or even his basic goal average, but his penchant for fouling the opposing defender evry single time he goes up for a ball in the air despite being 6 foot 3. Drives me crazy. He then procedes to whinge at the ref who then makes a point of blowing his whistle at Shola more regularly and it all goes further and further downhill from there.

Know what you mean

Then the "what did do look?" 15 times in a game when we were in a good position.

Christ that was an awful game.

The most depressing thing about Smith is that he makes Shola look like a goal threat.

Well Ameobi does score goals...

Goals happen to occur off of Shola.

Shola doesn't score goals.

*Yawn*

ok so Viduka's not fit for the start of the season. What a surprise.

A mobile centre forward should be part of the re-building plans in any case. I'm assuming that's why we allegedly were interested in Gomis.

The forward department is a huge concern now. I serious do not think a new striker has been well down the priority list for the summer. We've heard recently that our priority is defenders. But surely now things, will change. Will Owen be ready for Manure in 17 days time, is he even training yet. Martins is back which is a good thing, we have to wrap him up in cotton wool though cos if we loose him then we are well and truely fucked. Shola and Smith are clearly not up to the task and Viduka and Carrol are injured.

I think we can write off the month of August tbh, the only thing we have got going for is is that since there hasn't been a lot of changes in the line up, we'll not have to go through the getting to know you stuff. I expect 1 or 2 max new signings to start on the 17th, not really what I hoped for at the end of last season :(

Still can't believe people are so gutted that we might have to play Andy Carroll. I say give him his shot, he can't be any worse than Smith and Shola connection, and he needs the experience. His spell at Preston last year was a bit of a nightmare, so let him prove his worth.

Viduka had an operation & wasn't expected to be fit. He showed early signs of making a quicker than expected recovery. We knew he wouldn't be ready & we know he will pick up further knocks. We need to buy another target man, we knew this before & we know this now. Owen & Martin's should not be our first choice front pairing. I'd be happy to see Owen start we he finished last season, especially if we don't add creativity to our midfield. We have "bought" a supply man (Jonas), he needs a target man & a man playing off to feed balls too.

Still can't believe people are so gutted that we might have to play Andy Carroll. I say give him his shot, he can't be any worse than Smith and Shola connection, and he needs the experience. His spell at Preston last year was a bit of a nightmare, so let him prove his worth.

Of the three Carroll would be the one I would like to see given the opportunity but he's got a lot of work to do to prove himself. You mentioned the PNE loan which you are absolutely right was a complete nightmare for him. By the end of it he wasn't even getting a game for a team struggling in the championship. With the opportunities he's had with us, he's failed to show anything of any note. His record at junior and reserve level is fantastic though, but we've seen that many times before with the likes of Joe Allon, Brayson and Chopra never fullfilling the promise they showed.

Guest Darth Toon

Don't think Viduka would have started at Man Utd or Arsenal anyway - we'll need 10 outfield players who can run with the amount of possession we're likely to be conceding in those games....

I just don't think Owen and Martins is a great combination, Carrol is very untested, Viduka is to injury prone and always half fit, Ameobi is cr*p and Smith, well I don't have to say anymore.

We may have 6 strikers but I'm not exactly brimming with confidence.

Mark is out well that is a shock.

This waste of time said about a fortnight ago "I’ve got this year left on my contract and then the option of another"  I hope we have the option of saying "errrrrrrrrrrrr I think not" he will need to score a stack of goals to justify a year extension on his current deal.