RCD Mallorca 1 - 0 Newcastle - 03/08/08 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

tonight was abysmal, but it was actually our reserves if you think about it. or average first-teamers/reserves.

Faye, Beye and a new defender (Coloccini?) will make us stronger at the back, 2 of Taylor Bassong and Cacapa as back-up, Edgar cant be back-up, needs to go out on loan to improve (to a championship side)

N'Zogbia Butt Gutierrez and eventually Barton will help our midfield especially for back-up but we need a new defensive midfielder

Martins Owen Viduka will make every bit of difference. Smith and Shola are s**** back-ups, we need to sell those 2 and bring in someone else, unless Carroll performs half decent.

So if you think of our squad for next season, we will be half decent tbh, just need 2 or 3 more additions and i will be happy. If we sell Smith i will show my little white arse in fenwicks window.  

Given

Beye   Coloccini? Faye  Enrique

Gutierrez Butt Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen Martins                            

that is actually a good side, with players like harper, taylor, bassong, milner, viduka/new signing, carroll for cover sitting on the bench then i will be reasonably happy tbh, easily a top 10 finish with good training.

Haway th ladss  O0

yes i agree, the 2 up coming home games see us move up another level in terms of opposition in PSV and Valencia but our team should feature Given, Beye, Faye, Collocini(fingers crossed), Butt, Jonas, Owen and Martins.  They're a decent 8 players to build a team around.  This time next week we'll hopefully have a better idea how things may go once the season starts.

tonight was abysmal, but it was actually our reserves if you think about it. or average first-teamers/reserves.

Faye, Beye and a new defender (Coloccini?) will make us stronger at the back, 2 of Taylor Bassong and Cacapa as back-up, Edgar cant be back-up, needs to go out on loan to improve (to a championship side)

N'Zogbia Butt Gutierrez and eventually Barton will help our midfield especially for back-up but we need a new defensive midfielder

Martins Owen Viduka will make every bit of difference. Smith and Shola are s**** back-ups, we need to sell those 2 and bring in someone else, unless Carroll performs half decent.

So if you think of our squad for next season, we will be half decent tbh, just need 2 or 3 more additions and i will be happy. If we sell Smith i will show my little white arse in fenwicks window. 

Given

Beye  Coloccini? Faye  Enrique

Owen Martins                           

that is actually a good side, with players like harper, taylor, bassong, milner, viduka/new signing, carroll for cover sitting on the bench then i will be reasonably happy tbh, easily a top 10 finish with good training.

Haway th ladss  O0

100% agreed

It's the centre midfield that worries me most. Butt and Guthrie are probably the best we've got in that position at the moment and I'm not at all happy with that. Owen and Martins will start every game up front so that position isn't as important right now, obviously we need far better cover for them two.

Guest neesy111

and Taylor wanted £50K...:lol:

which ever fucker put him on 35k shud be hanged

i was told he actually said 60k at first

Guest neesy111

Given

Beye   Coloccini? Faye  Enrique

Owen Martins                             

Haway th ladss  O0

100% agreed

It's the centre midfield that worries me most. Butt and Guthrie are probably the best we've got in that position at the moment and I'm not at all happy with that. Owen and Martins will start every game up front so that position isn't as important right now, obviously we need far better cover for them two.

i'm happy with guthrie there, but we need this playmaker badly, but i think keegan does know about this

Taylor and Milner are just unbelievably poor. I'm glad more people are beginning to see this. These guys cost us games at both ends of the pitch. They are consistently poor and at their very best are very average. It's ridiculous.

I couldn't be happier about Bassong and Guthrie. Two players who have barely cost a couple of million and they are already standing out in our team and are showing that they will definitely be an improvement on a lot of the layers we already have. Huge credit to the recruitment team for Bassong and Guthrie who a lot were so worried about. Looking very promising for those two young guys.

Honestly, the performances of Bassong and Guthrie have pretty much shown that with a couple of million we could easily replace Taylor and Milner with better quality and it's embarrassing. Especially as those two with all their unjustified hype could probably net us at least £10 million. It's a joke.

Guest neesy111

And some people wanted him to be captain! mackems.gif

i do wonder about some of our fan's at times

What a load of bollocks.

Seriously he had a bad game tonight but lets keep it realistic, and try and keep away from the sort of shite that the press have been inflating Barton's wages with.

Taylor and Milner are just unbelievably poor. I'm glad more people are beginning to see this. These guys cost us games at both ends of the pitch. They are consistently poor and at their very best are very average. It's ridiculous.

I couldn't be happier about Bassong and Guthrie. Two players who have barely cost a couple of million and they are already standing out in our team and are showing that they will definitely be an improvement on a lot of the layers we already have. Huge credit to the recruitment team for Bassong and Guthrie who a lot were so worried about. Looking very promising for those two young guys.

Honestly, the performances of Bassong and Guthrie have pretty much shown that with a couple of million we could easily replace Taylor and Milner with better quality and it's embarrassing. Especially as those two with all their unjustified hype could probably net us at least £10 million. It's a joke.

Milner really seems to have gone backwards, maybe he has half an eye on leaving or summat.

Guest neesy111

What a load of bollocks.

Seriously he had a bad game tonight but lets keep it realistic, and try and keep away from the sort of shite that the press have been inflating Barton's wages with.

why do you think it took 1 year to sort out and remember it was his dad as agent

What a load of bollocks.

why do you think it took 1 year to sort out and remember it was his dad as agent

Taylor was apparently asking for a wild amount of money originally.

What a load of bollocks.

Oh well it must be true then ???

http://images.bleedcubbieblue.com/images/admin/lurch.jpg      -       http://www.morphonix.com/software/education/science/brain/game/specimens/images/wet_brain.gif  =  http://img.skysports.com/08/01/218x298/Steven_Taylor_625678.jpg TBH!

Whilst I am more than concerned about lack of depth in the squad (Man Utd can beat whoever they like with their 3rd string in pre-season, seemingly), I thought to myself who would be my first choice 11 next year?

-----------------Given-----------------

Beye----Coloccini---Faye--Enrique

Guttierez---Barton/Guthrie---Duff

----Owen-----Viduka----Martins----

Therefore, my second XI would be:

------------------Harper------------------

Taylor----Bassong---Cacapa---Edgar

Milner-----Butt-----Guthrie----N'Zogbia

------------Carroll---Donaldson----------

Makes you think about who we had on the pitch tonight, really.

Very much an Allardyce like performance there tonight, and whilst it's only a friendly - I find that very worrying. There was a lack of pace throughout the side (perhaps bar Duff), ball retention was woeful and also a genuine lack of creativity. I know we are missing a few players - but still. KK has his work cut out for me, with a quality playmaker and a new striker now becoming paramount.

Alan Smith? Simply :D Rob Mcdonald had a better strike rate than he's got.

http://images.bleedcubbieblue.com/images/admin/lurch.jpg      -        http://www.morphonix.com/software/education/science/brain/game/specimens/images/wet_brain.gif  =  http://img.skysports.com/08/01/218x298/Steven_Taylor_625678.jpg TBH!

:lol:

Careful, they've played two or three pre-season games. Let's not get carried away.

What a load of bollocks.

Seriously he had a bad game tonight but lets keep it realistic, and try and keep away from the sort of s**** that the press have been inflating Barton's wages with.

Oh well it must be true then ???

mate why would you even be surprised? Taylor blatantly thinks he's some f***ing superstar thanks to the mongs and the Analing of Oliver when he's actually s****

-----------------Given-----------------

Beye----Coloccini---Faye--Enrique

Guttierez---Barton/Guthrie---Duff

----Owen-----Viduka----Martins----

Definitely don't mind that starting eleven at all, but I'd use Harper instead of Given to be honest.  He has not set a foot wrong since coming in to take over from Given.