Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Regardless of injuries to either side, this will be a simple and comprehensive home win.

Yup. In fact although I'm pissed off the Jonas and Coloccini situations look like they'll be unresolved, Owen, Martins and Viduka will be missing and we'll be going into the game with a generally crap side, our season starts against Bolton. We were always going to lose at Old Trafford, so I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it.

dave, genuine question here given our 'stances' during the summer; what do you think of the clubs "performance" with colo & guti?

what i'm getting at is that i can't think of another club, perhaps granted there aren't that many of them as you don't tire of pointing out, who have transfers dragging on like we do

in fact the villa transfer of shorey/young is a right slap in the face for the "transfers don't happen overnight crowd" - so what's going wrong with us then?

I've said before I think the Jonas thing is a bit of a joke and that we should have seen some definitive action taken/answers given by now. However, I'm not going to beat up on the club about it because I just don't know the details. This is even more the case with Coloccini.

There's a bit of a difference between signing players from different countries/leagues too btw.

you just can't do it can you?  take the step to say maybe somethings not perfect in mikes magical wonderland

if neither of those two play sunday there's no other conclusion than they've made a total cunt of both deals

if they do both play then what's with not confirming the deals?

Complete bullshit of NE5 proportions.

End of conversation.

why bring me into it ?

Still continuing your stupid agenda with people that disagree with you ?

Compared to me, you're just a bairn Dave.

haha, oh the irony

cant we all just get along?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/91/2b/0,,10278~3746705,00.gif

O0

Owen and Martins set to miss Old Trafford opener

Belfast Telegraph, United Kingdom - 5 minutes ago

As of yesterday afternoon, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Keegan's signing from Real Mallorca, had still not received international clearance from Fifa so there is ...

http://news.google.co.uk/news/url?sa=t&ct=uk/1-0&fp=48a47ffaadfbd11d&ei=RhKkSOOuBpmcwgH5ruGqCA&url=http%3A//www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/owen-and-martins-set-to-miss-old-trafford-opener-13939641.html&cid=0&usg=AFQjCNFFtMtijAHhMLwIiiuvM8cTJCE-Cg

Why not send some big lads over to the Spanish FA headwaters to pick up the paperwork :D

Jonas ready to face Argentinian pal Tevez

JONAS GUTIERREZ is sweating on a dream Premier League outing against his Argentinian international team-mate Carlos Tevez at Old Trafford. Read

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/14/jonas-ready-to-face-argentinian-pal-tevez-72703-21531930/

Why not send some big lads over to the Spanish FA headwaters to pick up the paperwork :D

JONAS GUTIERREZ is sweating on a dream Premier League outing against his Argentinian international team-mate Carlos Tevez at Old Trafford. Read

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/14/jonas-ready-to-face-argentinian-pal-tevez-72703-21531930/

My favorite line from Jonas in that article: “It is not just Carlos, they have players like Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick playing."

Really? Michael Carrick? That's who he singles out with Giggs?

If the Jonas registration is true, then I have to assume they will get that resolved in time for Sunday.  They can't afford not to.  They have had a month and a half to identify this problem and find a solution.  If he can't play, someone wants sacking.  You don't run a club like that.

this

Give me one good reason for NUFC not wanting to tie up this deal and have him available for the game.

your post bears no relevance to the 2 you've quoted

You're criticising the running of the club. I'm saying it isn't totally their fault and they want the deal done asap.

You want people sacked for not getting the deal done ffs.

you said give me a reason for NUFC not wanting the deal concluded, neither of us mentioned desire as a factor

as chicago says the deal was announced weeks ago, if he's not eligible to play sunday someone needs sacking..."want" has nothing to do with it

Even if it's not our fault?  ???

Has it occurred to you that a the time we signed him and announced it, we believed the player's documentation was in transit too? The problems may have happened after we confirmed it. You can't rewind time.

I'm just saying that I think the club is doing everything it can to get the documents and they're as pissed off about it all as you, I and all of us are. If another party, the Spanish FA, is holding the deal up, it's not our fault.

Jesus f***ing wept. 

i'll reply in 2 ways before kip;

1. it's a good point, something unexpected happened after they announced the signing yet they chose not to announce said impediment

2. we employ people on crazy wages, embarrassing wages really, to ensure this s*** does not happen

have you seen it at another club? me either?

thus someones not earning their money, fucken sack em

Using the 'Webster rule' to sign a player isn't exactly a run-of-the-mill transfer. It's unusual and clubs are still trying to get their heads around the new legislation atm. I'm not exonerating the club totally however, and I hope they learn from their mistakes.

I'm suggesting the problems with the missing registration surfaced after we'd signed him and the Spanish FA are backing their team and holding fire for the time being.

I don't believe for a second that NUFC don't want this sorted asap and want to play Gutierrez as much and as soon as possible and are doing everything they can to get it resolved.

PS. I bet the same twats who are complaining about us announcing the Jonas signing early are the very same twats who are complaining about Coloccini not being confirmed on the website. Maybe, just f***ing maybe, Ashley is a bit embarrassed by the Guti deal being held up and is holding fire on going public about the Colo deal. Just a thought.

Sleep tight, tiger. x 

You are really a complete dick head, I'm sorry, but you've just called about 90% of the forum a bunch of twats. Because about 90% of us have complained, and rightly so, that we've still seen no official announcement on Colocinni. Is it so much to ask for a little communication from the club ? Obviously in your little world asking for that makes you a t***.

Guest optimistic nit

tbh your complaining about communication from the club just days after ashley conducted an official interview about newcastle united, because of the shit we have been getting in the press lately.

we will get confirmation when we are able to confirm the transfer.

If the Jonas registration is true, then I have to assume they will get that resolved in time for Sunday.  They can't afford not to.  They have had a month and a half to identify this problem and find a solution.  If he can't play, someone wants sacking.  You don't run a club like that.

this

Give me one good reason for NUFC not wanting to tie up this deal and have him available for the game.

You're criticising the running of the club. I'm saying it isn't totally their fault and they want the deal done asap.

you said give me a reason for NUFC not wanting the deal concluded, neither of us mentioned desire as a factor

as chicago says the deal was announced weeks ago, if he's not eligible to play sunday someone needs sacking..."want" has nothing to do with it

Has it occurred to you that a the time we signed him and announced it, we believed the player's documentation was in transit too? The problems may have happened after we confirmed it. You can't rewind time.

I'm just saying that I think the club is doing everything it can to get the documents and they're as pissed off about it all as you, I and all of us are. If another party, the Spanish FA, is holding the deal up, it's not our fault.

Jesus f***ing wept. 

1. it's a good point, something unexpected happened after they announced the signing yet they chose not to announce said impediment

2. we employ people on crazy wages, embarrassing wages really, to ensure this s*** does not happen

Using the 'Webster rule' to sign a player isn't exactly a run-of-the-mill transfer. It's unusual and clubs are still trying to get their heads around the new legislation atm. I'm not exonerating the club totally however, and I hope they learn from their mistakes.

I'm suggesting the problems with the missing registration surfaced after we'd signed him and the Spanish FA are backing their team and holding fire for the time being.

I don't believe for a second that NUFC don't want this sorted asap and want to play Gutierrez as much and as soon as possible and are doing everything they can to get it resolved.

PS. I bet the same twats who are complaining about us announcing the Jonas signing early are the very same twats who are complaining about Coloccini not being confirmed on the website. Maybe, just f***ing maybe, Ashley is a bit embarrassed by the Guti deal being held up and is holding fire on going public about the Colo deal. Just a thought.

Sleep tight, tiger. x 

You are really a complete dick head, I'm sorry, but you've just called about 90% of the forum a bunch of twats. Because about 90% of us have complained, and rightly so, that we've still seen no official announcement on Colocinni. Is it so much to ask for a little communication from the club ? Obviously in your little world asking for that makes you a t***.

Couldn't give a shit tbh.  :lol:

this

Jesus f***ing wept. 

Sleep tight, tiger. x 

Couldn't give a s*** tbh.  :lol:

Why am I not surprised.

Guest Guinness

Given

Beye         Cacapa       Taylor       Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Milner                                          N'Zogbia

Duff

Smith

= lose

I'm really hoping Owen makes this game, Smith up front alone would be depressing. Also hope Cacapa doesn't start, he looks composed when playing against average players but put him up against someone with skill and athleticism and he bricks it.  Hope the club get the Coloccini deal sorted in time.

My favorite line from Jonas in that article: It is not just Carlos, they have players like Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick playing."

Really? Michael Carrick? That's who he singles out with Giggs?

One of the best midfielders in the league?

Guest rebel_yell12

Given

Beye         Cacapa       Taylor       Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Milner                                          N'Zogbia

Duff

Smith

= lose

I'm really hoping Owen makes this game, Smith up front alone would be depressing. Also hope Cacapa doesn't start, he looks composed when playing against average players but put him up against someone with skill and athleticism and he bricks it.  Hope the club get the Coloccini deal sorted in time.

Owen is looking "very, very doubtful."  (http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1366463,00.html)

For some reason, I have this odd suspicion that Keegan is being extra cautious with Owen, as the game is essentially looking like a write-off at any rate.  Might as well ease Owen back in, and look towards next weekend.  Not playing will also keep Owen out the England squad, so he's not playing Sunday and midweek right off from this injury.  

Still, absolutely hating the fact that half the squad is out for the season opener.  Viduka, Martins, Owen, Carroll, Jonas, Coloccini, Barton, probably Faye...is Harper back yet?

Guest Nufc4Life

Bluddy hell, was really looking forward to this last week, really thought we might be able to get something.

Now with all the fuckers out we'll be lucky to not get a repeat of last years scoreline, fuckign typical, fuck Man Utd.