Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest Heneage

It was such a tame effort. Both him and best didn't cause Hughes an ounce of trouble, I like Arron but Ranger should be beating him for pace.

He was shit last night. Didn't hold up the ball at all.

Not true.. he did hold up a few times, once over did really well and showed composure to pick out Guthrie. There was more of an issue of him not being aware and letting the ball go as Jonas was inbehind but Nile intercepted the pass.

He looks like he needs more football, that's it for me. Not under these circumstances though, which is going to make it hard on him from now until the end of the season. Just hope Pardew has faith in him, because he can become very handy if he develops in the forthcoming years. Still only 19.

He looks like he needs more football, that's it for me. Not under these circumstances though, which is going to make it hard on him from now until the end of the season. Just hope Pardew has faith in him, because he can become very handy if he develops in the forthcoming years. Still only 19.

True, even older strikers only usually look decent after a spell of games, especially in teams like ours who play long ball and create very few chances.

True, even older strikers only usually look decent after a spell of games, especially in teams like ours who play long ball and create very few chances.

Andy Johnson is the perfect example of this

Guest michaelfoster

There's been a few times this season where Ranger should have scored for example he was one on one with keeper against Arsenal in the CC and  he hit it straight at him the keeper didnt even move. He really needs to improve his finishing as he is pretty awful at it although he is decent at everything else.

Ranger play in general has been poor imo.

He is in desperate need of some coaching, problem is he thinks he is the man and has made it already.

I cant think of any other prem team with a weaker strike force than us at the moment.

He should have buried that chance after Nolan's knock down.

Ah that's unfair. He showed good awareness to anticipate Nolan's knockdown, good strength to turn the defender, and above all else, it was a top drawer save.

No wonder players fail at this club :no:

Because people criticise them on message boards? :lol:

I'd like to think that a player takes criticism and uses it as a way of improving. It's better than buttering them up, wrapping them in cotton wool and telling them that they're amazing and will come good eventually.

We are always far too harsh on our young players (and players in general), especially if they're perceived to not be getting 'stuck in' enough.

I haven't sat in enough home crowds of other teams to know whether it's any worse than any other club, but it can't help matters.

We are always far too harsh on our young players (and players in general), especially if they're perceived to not be getting 'stuck in' enough.

I haven't sat in enough home crowds of other teams to know whether it's any worse than any other club, but it can't help matters.

I agree - there appears to be no leeway given to them even though they are still learning the game

I can still remember the stick Andy Carroll used to get (especially that match against City) if some people had their way he would have been shipped out on a free a long time ago

Nile Ranger is unfortunate because he needs to be playing week in week out and he wont really get that here at this moment and people expect instant results

Ah that's unfair. He showed good awareness to anticipate Nolan's knockdown, good strength to turn the defender, and above all else, it was a top drawer save.

Very true. I still think he will score goals as he's getting chances but he desperately needs to get a goal under his belt to give him some confidence.

Very true. I still think he will score goals as he's getting chances but he desperately needs to get a goal under his belt to give him some confidence.

Agree with TRon. I honestly think a goal would do wonders to his confidence. He is capable of bagging a couple this season if he gets one soon.

No wonder players fail at this club :no:

Do elaborate.

I don't really think there's much pressure on him, the crowd more or less give him their full support. I've said on numerous occasions I think he needs loaning out because as it stand I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he's going to anything better than average.

Think it's a cop out people blaming lack of service to him last night mind. Plenty of times the ball was fed up to him and the flick on was poor, his touch was off, his lay offs were misplaced, etc. Still at the stage of 'impact sub' for me, and thing we'd be better off with Nolan off Best or Lovenkrands and Best at the moment (Christ that's poor still).

Do you not think he suffered from a lack of service?  Also, who was around him to get on the end of the lay offs?  The service was shite and you can't get away from that.  Ranger had one chance all night and he made it out of nothing.