Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Give over, the pair of you. He's living the high life whilst cutting corners and you think he needs an arm around him. He needs a slap.

I don't care whether it's an arm around the shoulder or a slap round the chops, I just hope he realises what he needs to do.

Guest BooBoo

The miss away at Forest last season is still the one that pisses me off most.

Was right in front of me, easy header and skied into the away end. At that point I pissed off for the train home.

The 'miss' against Wolves, in what was basically an open goal was shocking too. Keepers out of the box, no real covering defenders on the line. It ended up looking like a deep cross to the edge of the area. Really disappointed with that.

Just about to say the same.  Good job it mattered little

Guest Mantis

Give over, the pair of you. He's living the high life whilst cutting corners and you think he needs an arm around him. He needs a slap.

In a nut shell

In a nut shell

Aye, we're all experts when it comes to nurturing young footballing talent. 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

How the fuck has the kid got the nerve to turn down help from the best finisher at the club though? Absurd.

How the f*** has the kid got the nerve to turn down help from the best finisher at the club though? Absurd.

His attitude ought to be better, granted.  I think a combination of cuddle and slap is the way to go. Seems to be what Pards and Nolan are trying and I think they are best placed to judge.

Guest BooBoo

The good thing is that he has more than enough time to turn around his attitude and make a great career for himself.

I just hope he's not 25 and playing in League 2 before he realises.

I worry that he's genuinely too thick to change.

I'd like to think that he's nailed on to succeed now that we've all written him off on here.

Some of the comments are eerily similar to some old Carroll threads.  Seem to be different personalities though so I dunno if Ranger will end up the same.

Its fair to say though that no-one can say with certainty what will happen to Ranger.

I'd like to think that he's nailed on to succeed now that we've all written him off on here.

Some of the comments are eerily similar to some old Carroll threads.  Seem to be different personalities though so I dunno if Ranger will end up the same.

Its fair to say though that no-one can say with certainty what will happen to Ranger.

If he doesn't change his attitude, I'm rather certain he won't succeed.

He seems a good finisher when confident, scored rucks in the reserves.  He also seems to be physically up to it, I actually thought he was ok in the air first half v Villa.  If he pulls it round he's got every chance.  Big IF mind

Guest Roger Kint

Badly needs regular football to develop him and keep him occupied. Send the little s*** to Hartlepool or Rochdale for a season. 

Notts County, a season under Martin Allen should shock him into giving a shit

A bar of soap wrapped in a towel, Full Metal Jacket style. The whole squad, with Nolan standing in for Private Joker...

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/17/pardew-nile-ranger-has-frightening-potential-79310-28532881/

Pardew: Nile Ranger has 'frightening' potential

Apr 17 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW has fired a message to Nile Ranger’s critics: Lay off our striker with “frightening” potential.

The striker has looked scintillating in a sprinkling of substitute appearances this season, but struggled to make a major impact on his first Premier League start at Villa Park.

Combined with some grumblings about his past attitude, it has led a few observers to question the pace of his development – and whether he is ready for top-flight football.

That seems particularly harsh on a striker who has only just turned 20 – and is not a view shared by Pardew.

He believes the striker is a work-in-progress worth persevering with.

“I think at the start of the Villa game he showed the potential he’s got, but slowly during the game his confidence waned a bit,” the Toon boss said.

“Maybe he hasn’t got the experience to cope with a defender working him out a bit.

“Two experienced centre- halves worked him out eventually and kept him quiet in the end. He needs to have a Plan B – what do you do then? That experience will come to him.”

What is not in question with Ranger is his physical attributes.

Tall, quick and powerful he has everything to make it at the top level.

Pardew said: “He is a guy with great potential. He’s got massive power for a 20-year-old – he could be absolutely frightening when he’s 23.

“Probably against Man United, with 20 minutes to go, he’ll be a fantastic substitution for us, but a lot of young players burst on the scene that way.

“They need to have bits of games and the odd start here and there and learn from it.

“Nile came in and saw me after the Villa game and I asked him ‘What did you learn from it?’ He said all the right things. He understood what happened and it will bode well for him.

“So we will continue to work with him. I said his role was more of an impact this year, but I see him on the training ground, I know what he’s got.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/17/pardew-nile-ranger-has-frightening-potential-79310-28532881/

ALAN PARDEW has fired a message to Nile Ranger’s critics: Lay off our striker with “frightening” potential.

The striker has looked scintillating in a sprinkling of substitute appearances this season, but struggled to make a major impact on his first Premier League start at Villa Park.

Combined with some grumblings about his past attitude, it has led a few observers to question the pace of his development – and whether he is ready for top-flight football.

That seems particularly harsh on a striker who has only just turned 20 – and is not a view shared by Pardew.

“I think at the start of the Villa game he showed the potential he’s got, but slowly during the game his confidence waned a bit,” the Toon boss said.

“Maybe he hasn’t got the experience to cope with a defender working him out a bit.

“Two experienced centre- halves worked him out eventually and kept him quiet in the end. He needs to have a Plan B – what do you do then? That experience will come to him.”

Pardew said: “He is a guy with great potential. He’s got massive power for a 20-year-old – he could be absolutely frightening when he’s 23.

“Probably against Man United, with 20 minutes to go, he’ll be a fantastic substitution for us, but a lot of young players burst on the scene that way.

“They need to have bits of games and the odd start here and there and learn from it.

“Nile came in and saw me after the Villa game and I asked him ‘What did you learn from it?’ He said all the right things. He understood what happened and it will bode well for him.

“So we will continue to work with him. I said his role was more of an impact this year, but I see him on the training ground, I know what he’s got.”

Pardew started it, he's got a cheek having a go at others for doing what he was one of the first to do.

So Ranger didn't even bang on the door? Disrespectful cunt needs to learn how it works around here!