Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

What worries me with Ranger is that he hasn't improved at all as the season has gone on. I anything he looks worse every time he gets on.

He is born in 1991, and it's his first season in the Premiership. Have some fucking patience, man.

Nobody will really improve that much with the sporadic appearances he's had.

15 minutes chasing long balls and battling with the centre back isn't really going to give anyone confidence or much of a chance to impress. He needs a loan or two, then we can start to see if he has the ability to make it.

Guest toonlass

Does anyone here actually know what goes on day in day out with the lad? Because some people harp on on here to the point of embarrassment. The lad hasn't been enough starts to have f'd it up or shown a drastic improvement and in a handful of games in an impact role he's looked effective. He's clearly a bit of a tool but some people would have you believe he's the devil incarnate. Perhaps needs a loan to improve or a decent striker to play alongside and learn from. In all honesty I don't think many of us are informed enough to make too much of his progress (or lack thereof) so far. I think some people need to wind their necks in a bit.

I've got a mate who works at the training ground and sees Ranger on a day to day basis. I've already posted on here what he, and members of the staff and playing squad think of Ranger.

Does anyone here actually know what goes on day in day out with the lad? Because some people harp on on here to the point of embarrassment. The lad hasn't been enough starts to have f'd it up or shown a drastic improvement and in a handful of games in an impact role he's looked effective. He's clearly a bit of a tool but some people would have you believe he's the devil incarnate. Perhaps needs a loan to improve or a decent striker to play alongside and learn from. In all honesty I don't think many of us are informed enough to make too much of his progress (or lack thereof) so far. I think some people need to wind their necks in a bit.

I've got a mate who works at the training ground and sees Ranger on a day to day basis. I've already posted on here what he, and members of the staff and playing squad think of Ranger.

Right well that's that then  :rolleyes:

Guest Stephen927

The problem is, he gets one chance a game, sometimes none, and when he doesn't take it it's a big knock to the guys confidence. Send him on loan, hopefully he'll get a few chances a game to build his confidence back up and see what he's made of.

League One standard player at the moment with an ego that's Prem sized.

I'd send him to Hartlepool personally, if they'd take him.

Considering their lack of any notable striker I think they'd bite our hands off.

Reading their forums in the past, they're always a bit miffed about the lack of 'help' they get off the big 3 in the North East.

Guest Vinkent

Can't see how people are complaining - he's on par with Torres at the minute  :lol:

Although I've complained in the past I've changed my mind - if we had a fit squad he wouldn't be anywhere near the first team. However, with things the way they are, instead of going out on loan like he should have he's had to jump up a few stages early to the first team. You can tell he needs the experience of going out for a year to sharpen up his game and make him a more intelligent player.

I'd send him to Middlesbrough, or Ipswich as part of a deal for Connor Wickham, he's already shown he can score at that level & both clubs have good coaches who could help him develop. 

I'd send him to Middlesbrough, or Ipswich as part of a deal for Connor Wickham, he's already shown he can score at that level & both clubs have good coaches who could help him develop. 

I'd let him go to Ipswich permanently if it was part of a deal for Wickham.

Quite often he doesn't start running at full power until the pass is made or the ball is close to him, the defender will have advantage on him every time if he doesn't use his pace the right way, it's not rocket science.

Don't think he was ever accused of a lack of effort from anyone inside the club, like.

Yup, no one's questioning Carroll, while seems everyone's questioning Ranger.

Countless people were questioning Carroll two years ago. I remember reading on here about how shite he was and he was championship level at best, but he wouldn't never make it at that level due to his awful attitude.

Don't think he was ever accused of a lack of effort from anyone inside the club, like.

Countless people were questioning Carroll two years ago. I remember reading on here about how s**** he was and he was championship level at best, but he wouldn't never make it at that level due to his awful attitude.

I know. After he missed the target from all of six yards against West Ham, I remember thinking: 'This lad is the next Andy Carroll, he just needs time'.

Countless people were questioning Carroll two years ago. I remember reading on here about how s**** he was and he was championship level at best, but he wouldn't never make it at that level due to his awful attitude.

I know. After he missed the target from all of six yards against West Ham, I remember thinking: 'This lad is the next Andy Carroll, he just needs time'.

That's why you're The Prohet.

I mean the lack of effort at training, not football - ability.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224706_1355503504700_1744844867_626234_8249709_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224362_1355501304645_1744844867_626222_5120039_n.jpg

That lad will (hopefully) look back on himself in ten years time and realise what an immature bell-end he was and regret not sticking in at making himself a better player.

Those photos explain everything about this goon's attitude...

That lad will (hopefully) look back on himself in ten years time and realise what an immature bell-end he was and regret not sticking in at making himself a better player.

Those photos explain everything about this goon's attitude...

If we are hoping on things, I would rather hope that he looks back on those pics in a few months time and realise he nearly through it away but is now getting his head down.