Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

I used to criticise all of these young athletes throwing away their potential, when I was younger. This changed when I reached 18-20, and saw almost all of my mates throwing their lives away, just with much less consequence and effect on their future earnings potential. He's an idiot, this I am sure of, but I understand why.

I used to criticise all of these young athletes throwing away their potential, when I was younger. This changed when I reached 18-20, and saw almost all of my mates throwing their lives away, just with much less consequence and effect on their future earnings potential. He's an idiot, this I am sure of, but I understand why.

Why is he a idiot then, I'd love to know, I'd like to "understand"

Please enlighten me.

Why is he a idiot then, I'd love to know, I'd like to "understand"

Please enlighten me.

I think the general point Baba's getting at is just that he's still young and immature. And he's still go time to turn that around. Don't agree with it myself but that's my opinion. Think the boy's beyond saving himself the football career he could've had. I've no doubt he'll hang around League 1/Championship most of his career and depressingly he'll be happy enough with that as long as it keeps his Range on the road.

Guest hydeous

The problem with having great potential is that if you can't realise it, everyone considers you to be a waster.

Being a top flight athlete must require tremendous amounts of hard work and will power at a very young age.

I can't muster even half that hard work at 25. I would never have been able to at 19. I feel for these players who don't make it and I admire those who do.

The problem with having great potential is that if you can't realise it, everyone considers you to be a waster.

Being a top flight athlete must require tremendous amounts of hard work and will power at a very young age.

I can't muster even half that hard work at 25. I would never have been able to at 19. I feel for these players who don't make it and I admire those who do.

Probably the most level-headed post in this entire thread.

Yeah it's so hard not to drink-drive. I really admire people who manage to go their lives without endangering themselves and other people by getting a taxi cos it's so difficult at that age not to.  :rolleyes:

I do agree hell of a lot of responsibility at his age, very hard to live up to it sure. But it's not because he's not as good as promised that he's maligned.

Guest neesy111

Hope the guy still makes it, tbh. He's still just 21 and many people, still are not used to responsibility at this age. He wasted the early part of his career, but he still has the physical attributes to make himself useful if he can focus.

:no:

So many people, literally so many people would swap their lives to be in his position, but he's cunting it away like the fucking retard that he is, so he looks cool to his dickhead gangster homies or whatever. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, no understanding of the way he behaves whatsoever, he has had SO many chances but doesn't seem to give a fuck. He's 21 for fucks sake, not 17 or something where he might still be able to act like a bit of a cunt and have not really realised the situation he's in. I genuinely have SO much hate for this complete motherfuck of a waster mega cunt.

So many people, literally so many people would swap their lives to be in his position, but he's cunting it away like the fucking retard that he is, so he looks cool to his dickhead gangster homies or whatever. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, no understanding of the way he behaves whatsoever, he has had SO many chances but doesn't seem to give a fuck. He's 21 for fucks sake, not 17 or something where he might still be able to act like a bit of a cunt and have not really realised the situation he's in. I genuinely have SO much hate for this complete motherfuck of a waster mega cunt.

Steggy "keeping it real"

This  :thup:

Steggy "keeping it real"

This  :thup:

It may not be the 'level-headedness' of hydeous above, but I completely agree. There's young players who don't have the drive or focus and fall out of football, and then there's this dickweed. It's like he's purposely pissing it away just for shits and giggles.

it's frustrating like, you'd have thought that after all the bother he'd been in when he was younger that he'd have seized the chance at a club like newcastle after he'd been bombed out of southampton. signing for newcastle and being miles away from his old crew should have been impetus for a fresh start and a chance to knuckle down and take his football seriously, like being given wonka's golden ticket but he's just been pissing it away. as daft as the 5 year contract was, big al must have seen some talent in the lad and i'd like to think he'd know striking talent but i don't think ranger cares about football anymore.