Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Changed the game for us when he came on. :thup: Was a bit gutted when it was Nolan running away with the credit today. :lol:

I just wanna see him be a striker more. But, credit to him today, looked really good and played a huge part in Carroll's goal.

I'm not sure what to make of him. He puts himself about, holds the ball up well and has a bit of pace to burn. However he drifts into the wide positions and doesn't really take up goal scoring positions. When he does get himself into a goal scoring position he seems worryingly reluctant to pull the trigger.

Having said that the lad has never really played in a 4-4-2. It will be interesting to see how he plays off another striker such as Carroll or Ameobi where he won't have the need to drift out wide so much.

Changed the game for us when he came on. :thup: Was a bit gutted when it was Nolan running away with the credit today. :lol:

I just wanna see him be a striker more. But, credit to him today, looked really good and played a huge part in Carroll's goal.

do you really think the game changed because ranger came on ?

I think Ranger helped bring on Carroll a lot more, so yes.

Going 442 changed the game, both Guthrie & Ranger played a part though.

Ranger changed the game:lol:

He was an improvement over Lovenkrands, as he offered good hold up play and took the pressure off Carroll. But I've yet to see the lad shoot. Guthrie did more to help us win the game IMO.

no no! it was just cos nile came on.

Yeah, straight like a bandana innit.

Yeah, straight like a bandana innit.

you stupid bumdaclart

Ah fuck off man... i've certainly never been one to surrender to this ridiculous Ranger bumfest, but he did change the whole complexion of our play in the final third - cos we finally had someone on the pitch who could actually hold up the ball. Granted, he and Guthrie both probably had an equally positive impact, but i'd say he was a pretty important reason for why we went on to score another couple of goals.

He helped to change the game. What the f***'s wrong with saying that?

It's like someone said the other day, some people feel the need to balance out the (mostly) jokey over the top praise he gets.

He put pressure on their defence today which allowed Carroll to do his thing and definitely helped changed the game.  Not the mention all the free kicks he won, which kept us in their half.

Certainly a promising start to his NUFC career even though he hasn't scored.  Certainly deserves a starting place in my eyes.