Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

The creations of this thread has forever more ruled out ranger deserving any praise. Obviously nothing in this thread is remotely tongue in cheek therefore it must be taken seriously and as a result we have to massively under rate anything the lad does to bring balance to the universe.

You would think there are other things to worry about then this lad at the club as of now, he's a breath of fresh air and when people use more time to criticize someone who perform to an certain degree there must be something wrong.

Go to the Butt thread instead if you wanna be critical, at least Ranger seem to have a future.

What are you actually on about? There's an actually in there. What are you actually on about?

Seriously, it's tedious as f*** man.

:nods:

He's done OK when he's played, no more.

People raving about a forward who hasn't scored or even looked like doing it is pretty daft.

:thup:

As I said a few months back, when he finally plays and doesn't do too badly the f***ing roof will come off. Absolutely embarrassing

People raving about a forward who hasn't scored or even looked like doing it is pretty daft.

On the other hand, just judging him by his goal record especially considering our tactics is idiotic.

As I said a few months back, when he finally plays and doesn't do too badly the f***ing roof will come off. Absolutely embarrassing

By all accounts against Blackpool he was our best play when he came on, he completely changed Carroll's play against Plymouth, was MOTM against Leicester and was decent again against Cardiff.

He deserves the credit he's getting.

The only people judging him are those making out that he's the next big thing and should start every game

Considering how little you rate Carroll I would've thought you'd want Ranger ahead of him.  In fact didn't you say that before the Plymouth game?

All the hype in here is a laugh, to many are going overboard and not seeing the funny side of it all BUT the fact is he has been okay, had an effect on the games he has played in, he needs a run in a 4-4-2 formation so he has more freedom rather than being the lone striker. He is fkn 18 and has coped very very well with the pressure of being up top alone.

The only people judging him are those making out that he's the next big thing and should start every game

As things stand he should definetely start the Carling Cup game on Tuesday night alongside either Carroll or Lovenkrands.

All the hype in here is a laugh, to many are going overboard and not seeing the funny side of it all BUT the fact is he has been okay, had an effect on the games he has played in, he needs a run in a 4-4-2 formation so he has more freedom rather than being the lone striker. He is fkn 18 and has coped very very well with the pressure of being up top alone.

Considering how little you rate Carroll I would've thought you'd want Ranger ahead of him.  In fact didn't you say that before the Plymouth game?

I think you'll find I picked Carroll to start

There was a young forward playing for us yesterday who demonstrated that he could go on to be a really good goalscorer for the club. He showed strength, power and didn't give defenders a second. His name is Andy Carroll.

There was a young forward playing for us yesterday who demonstrated that he could go on to be a really good goalscorer for the club. He showed strength, power and didn't give defenders a second. His name is Andy Carroll.

I like Carroll but as an all round striker I think Nile has more talent, together I think they could be awesome, if I had to pick one to play in a 4-5-1 it would be Ranger.

Maybe in years to come, Ranger will blossom into a top player but if Hughton HAS to persist with 4-5-1 i'd go with Carroll at the mo. That's not a criticism of Ranger, i just feel Carroll is better developed at this stage.

It was pathetic he went 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1 or whatever) against the bottom side yesterday. If he'd played Carroll and Ranger as a pair from the off i think we would have seen a bigger margin of victory.

Maybe in years to come, Ranger will blossom into a top player but if Hughton HAS to persist with 4-5-1 i'd go with Carroll at the mo. That's not a criticism of Ranger, i just feel Carroll is better developed at this stage.

He will win balls in the air and flick it on to no fker, Nile wins it and holds it up brings others into play, its not a case of who is the more advanced player or most senior but who can do the best job uptop alone.

The waiy I see it though in this league with our squad we should never be looking at 4-5-1 we should go 4-4-2 home and away and go and own teams and win games by battering their defence with our two big mobile strikers.

I agree

For a lad of that size and strength, Ranger really is very, very quick. That's what makes him exceptional. Of course, he's not the finished article, but the raw material could scarcely be more promising. If we don't go up this year, I'm pretty sure the Premiership clubs will be in for him.

needs to work on his touch (though it is probably better than Carroll's), and of course his positioning when the team moves forward as a whole. On the other hand, his movement as a lone striker is pretty good, dropping deep and moving wide to retain possession, but that is at the expense of being a goal threat. it will be best for his development if he plays in a 4-4-2 from this point, imo, if he repeatedly gets played as the battering ram the 'footballing' side of his game will suffer and there's a chance he'll end up as a smith or poor man's heskey type when there seems to be potential for more than that.