Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest Tall Striker

Superb to have as an impact sub. Needs to translate it to a 90 minute performance and we're laughing our way to another 35m.

He is a bairn. Read the Andy Carroll thread. Count the number of posters who slagged him off then moaned later. That is the life of the football fan I suppose. Not that he will reach those levels but he has the ability to make a very decent living (although he has probably already made more than I have and ever will make)

Perfect chance for him now to ignite his career, he won't get many like it here as I know we'll buy bigger names. He's got to look at Ameobi to see what happens when you don't take a chance while also looking at Carroll when you do, and what can happen in a year.

End of the season he's the only striker I'd want to keep, the rest can go. Now is your chance to nail down your starting role Nile, don't fuk it up trying to be a gansta.

Hardly posted on here since the match, just trying to catch up on everything.

Just like to say I thought he was excellent today when he came on. Ran at them, held up the ball, won headers and knock downs. He has a future here no doubt.

Hardly posted on here since the match, just trying to catch up on everything.

Just like to say I thought he was excellent today when he came on. Ran at them, held up the ball, won headers and knock downs. He has a future here no doubt.

Looks like Liverpool are gonna sign him in 2 years 4 50 Mil.

Guest bmoregeordie

Needs to work on his finishing, but he is stronger than he looks.

Though I don't understand why others are slagging off Best.

He should have been on earlier in the game - he has an ability to wriggle out of challenges and has really quick feet - he terrified them yesterday - fair play to the lad he was a big part of the general panic which overtook the arse and gave us the momentum we needed

He is BETTER than Caroll. Carroll was NOWHERE near this level at the age of 19.

He was.  Sorry.

I disagree, I think ranger looks better technically and intelligence wise than Carroll did at the same age. Really needs to work on his finishing mind but that was still being said about Carroll just over a year ago.

I don't expect ranger to make the same progress but the comparisons at the same ages Ranger wins for me.

He is BETTER than Caroll. Carroll was NOWHERE near this level at the age of 19.

He was.  Sorry.

There is NO way Carroll was better as this age, I think we've all got a bit of nostalgia filter for Carroll cause 2 years ago I'm pretty sure everybody wanted to sell him as all he could do was head a ball, he had no first touch or anything

Yeah, Ranger is showing more than Carroll did when he was the same age.

Ranger's also faster and seems physically more mature. Whether he'll develop the same intelligence, instincts and goalscoring habits that Carroll quickly developed remains to be seen. It's unlikely that he'll develop as fast as Carroll, but I don't see a reason why Ranger can't be a 15-20 goals a season striker by the time he's 23.

Lets have no more nonsense about him not being able to hold the ball up. For Bests goal he had 4 Arsenal defenders around him while he waited for support from Enrique to lay it off for the cross.

excellent play.

He can also dominate in the air and is actually probably still growing and getting stronger.

Why on earth do we leave him out.

Lets have no more nonsense about him not being able to hold the ball up. For Bests goal he had 4 Arsenal defenders around him while he waited for support from Enrique to lay it off for the cross.

excellent play.

He can also dominate in the air and is actually probably still growing and getting stronger.

Attitude

excellent play.

Attitude

Attitude  :dowie:

The kid NEVER stops trying when he plays, he's got the right attitude. What would you want him to play like.

excellent play.

He didn't do that on Wednesday night though. With age will come consistency though so that's something that will come, and even improve hopefully.

Guest Stephen927

He's slowly becoming more confident, I don't think he would have took that shot on last year.

He's proving useful off the bench but with Ameobi out and Best probably out for a short spell, we're probably going to see him as the lone Ranger, or paired with Lovenkrands. Don't think either of those situations will show him in the best light.

Guest Stephen927

Carroll was scoring loads at reserve level at 18/19 wasn't he? I remember there being a little bit of a buzz about him at the time.

Not as prolific as Nile Ranger at that level. Was another lad at that level with Carroll who used to score more, forgot his name.