Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest diddimz

Love how this has gone from a joke, to ranger maybe playing first team.

Not sure if it says more about him or the state of our club.

The reserves is no longer a really good indicator to how good a young player is as it glorified youth league. The pool of players that  play for the  for U18 & reserve team is nearly the same.

the reserves was NEVER much of an indicator anyway

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ranger has the pace and power to become a kenwyne jones/drogba type player as he has some ability to go with his size

Note i said potential and in no way am i infering he is at that level

Guest LucaAltieri

Ranger has the pace and power to become a kenwyne jones/drogba type player as he has some ability to go with his size

Based on some of the comments I've read you might be right if he puts some time into bulking up (in the Shearer/Joe Cole sense, not the Carr/Viduka sense).

Based on some of the comments I've read you might be right if he puts some time into bulking up (in the Shearer/Joe Cole sense, not the Carr/Viduka sense).

What is he? 17? Still got plenty of time yet.

The reserves is no longer a really good indicator to how good a young player is as it glorified youth league. The pool of players that  play for the  for U18 & reserve team is nearly the same.

the reserves was NEVER much of an indicator anyway

I think you could see how young players played against men with league experience. The Northumberland Cup is a bit of taster but most of them players dont have the nous of pro footballers.

Agreed. The only player I've seen at that level the last couple of seasons where I've thought, "he's going to be good" Was Insua against us at St James' last season.

Its hard to think was it Swindon he went on trial with before signing for us? I haven't seen him in action apart from that goal he scored against Wigan the video off youtube. Well I don't think anyone can argue with his goals to games ratio with the reserves and with the current state of our first team he may get a call up by the end of the season.

Guest s0ftcore

Sabre too tiger!

That woman is dead now.

So she is :(

I used to love power rangers like.

I thought the pink ranger was dead? Car accident X_X

Guest Heneage

Its hard to think was it Swindon he went on trial with before signing for us? I haven't seen him in action apart from that goal he scored against Wigan the video off youtube. Well I don't think anyone can argue with his goals to games ratio with the reserves and with the current state of our first team he may get a call up by the end of the season.

He scored a bicycle kick on his trial at Swindon.

Guest rosstoon

One of my mates use to watch him at saints and said he was class. Was involved in some gang in Southampton which got him locked up in a young offenders. They said he was as good in his positiona s baleand Theo were in theirs but couldnt keep him as they did not want his sort involved with their club. Same as the main reason Wright-Phillips and Nathan Dyer (loaned too sheff utd) arent playing for them aswell

Guest toonlass

Can't see why he couldn't be given 20 minutes at the end of this game. Whether we are winning or not the lad should be given a run out.

He has been on the bench quite a few times this season.

PLEASE REMEMBER FOLKS WE ARE IN A RELEGATION BATTLE!!!! Not the best time to start whacking kids on for a run out. If you want to see bright young things given a few minutes for the chance of stardom tune into X-Factor.

Guest toonlass

Personally I don't think its for stardom. He is a good footballer. He is a cocky shit too. If Shola is not performing (and from what I have seen of Shola this season he is not setting premiership games alight) why not put the lad on. I think his ego could cope with it, I think he has more pace than Shola and I think he would love to be involved, relegation battle or not.

KK, JFK & Chris "Ian Huntley" Houghton have not played him when he he has been on the bench because they don't think he is ready Of course all 3 of them could be fuck wits. He maybe needs to come into the side in a FA Cup game if we get lower league team or if we get a few wins on the bounce.

He has been on the bench quite a few times this season.

PLEASE REMEMBER FOLKS WE ARE IN A RELEGATION BATTLE!!!! Not the best time to start whacking kids on for a run out. If you want to see bright young things given a few minutes for the chance of stardom tune into X-Factor.

:laugh:

We might be in a relegation battle, but with our other options upfront a bright, confident young striker who has been scoring regularly might be just what we need to get us a goal.

It's the experienced campaigners who have failed to deliver this season remember.