Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

We might be in a relegation battle, but with our other options upfront a bright, confident young striker who has been scoring regularly might be just what we need to get us a goal.

It's the experienced campaigners who have failed to deliver this season remember.

:snod:

I think most people would love to see Ranger play tonight but i just can't see it happening. Much more likely to see ameobi and Duff start up top with Xisco coming on for Shola in second half sometime.

In saying that, i don't think Kinnear is the type to be scared of taking a chance.

Guest toonlass

We might be in a relegation battle, but with our other options upfront a bright, confident young striker who has been scoring regularly might be just what we need to get us a goal.

It's the experienced campaigners who have failed to deliver this season remember.

:snod:

Aye  :thup:

It is a risk, obviuously the probability is that if he does come on he won't score or do much. But sometimes you need to have a gamble, and the lad is definitely in form.

I don't see why not, if we are struggling we should give him a go. Seems to work for Everton, Villa, and Boro.

Not up front, the league stats are: Micky O, Played 5, scored 3, OBA, 2 & 1 & even Xisco is at 3 & 1. Duff scored last game while playing up front. I think Xisco needs more game time than anyone else up font. I cant see JFK dropping or putting Duff at left wing after scoring against Everton & creating a goal for Keane in  midweek.

I think those "experienced campaigners" were as affected by the turmoil at the club as much as any of us.  They were doing alright under Keegan iirc.

Now, I know it's hip to say "given how much they earn they should play on the day of their childrens funerals bla bla bla" and pretend that they're just automatons that get paid and nothing off the field should affect them, but it does.  Kinnear might not be the best option but he's what we've got and he's trying to steady things.  We're in a precarious spot tbh and mixing it up by tossing in Dutty Custard in at this point could upset things.

That said, I do want to see him at some point in the season.  I'm as much a fan as any but just not right now.

Guest diddimz

Depending on how we're doing in the second half i wouldn't mind him having a run. If we're behind and dont look like we can get back into the game, or if players arn't pulling their weight, I'd like to see him given a run. But if the match is still close I'd rather not. Having said that, I think its the best chance around now to give him a go, he knows where the net is, and has been showing that he isn't afraid to put the ball in it, seems pretty confident as well. But then thats probably why I'm not manager of a football club.

With Owen injured and Oba a doubt or at least not fully fit he surely deserves a place on the bench.

He has been a few times already this season & with Donaldson being out he will be.

Aye so lets hope he gets 30 mins or so..

With Owen injured and Oba a doubt or at least not fully fit he surely deserves a place on the bench.

He has been a few times already this season & with Donaldson being out he will be.

Aye so lets hope he gets 30 mins or so..

I really don't give a fuck if he does or not, I am more interested in us winning over the 90mins or if yesterdays game is anything to go by 100 mins.

Guest MrSundlofer

Don't think this guy will play today. Martins will start the game. Probably with Duff on top and Ameobi and Xisco on the bench.

Not up front, the league stats are: Micky O, Played 5, scored 3, OBA, 2 & 1 & even Xisco is at 3 & 1. Duff scored last game while playing up front. I think Xisco needs more game time than anyone else up font. I cant see JFK dropping or putting Duff at left wing after scoring against Everton & creating a goal for Keane in  midweek.

I think those "experienced campaigners" were as affected by the turmoil at the club as much as any of us.  They were doing alright under Keegan iirc.

Now, I know it's hip to say "given how much they earn they should play on the day of their childrens funerals bla bla bla" and pretend that they're just automatons that get paid and nothing off the field should affect them, but it does.  Kinnear might not be the best option but he's what we've got and he's trying to steady things.  We're in a precarious spot tbh and mixing it up by tossing in Dutty Custard in at this point could upset things.

That said, I do want to see him at some point in the season.  I'm as much a fan as any but just not right now.

Fair points about the strikers, I just meant that without Owen we might need a bit of a spark. You're right their stats aren't that bad.

I'm definintely not one of the brigade constantly whinging at the players.

KK, JFK & Chris "Ian Huntley" Houghton have not played him when he he has been on the bench because they don't think he is ready Of course all 3 of them could be fuck wits. He maybe needs to come into the side in a FA Cup game if we get lower league team or if we get a few wins on the bounce.

It would be a risk to start him, that goes without saying. But he'd probably relish the chance to come of the bench for 15-20 mins. Coming off the bench is an ideal way to introduce a young player without putting him under any pressure. Assuming the strikers on the pitch aren't producing obviously.

Coming off the bench is an ideal way to introduce a young player without putting him under any pressure.

It will be pressure situation it the PL & we are in a relegation battle.

All you people wanting him in have you seen the lad in the flesh? He really needs to fill out a bit, he will get brushed off the ball at ease atm.