Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnder19s/NewsAndFeatures/2009/england_bosnia_report_270509.aspx

As the game approached its closing stages, it was England doing most of the attacking though and they should have wrapped it all up in the 78th minute when Moses played a passto Trippier on the right. His centre was perfect for Nile Ranger but the big striker miscued his header and the chance was gone.

Moses then traded passes with Delfouneso before striking a shot at goal, which was deflected over the bar by a desperate lunge from Nermin Bicakcic.

The win was secured with five minutes left though, when Joe Mattock was fouled on the left to win a free kick. Moses stepped up and swung over a perfect ball for Ranger to nod home and give the Young Lions their opening victory.

:)

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnder19s/NewsAndFeatures/2009/england_bosnia_report_270509.aspx

As the game approached its closing stages, it was England doing most of the attacking though and they should have wrapped it all up in the 78th minute when Moses played a passto Trippier on the right. His centre was perfect for Nile Ranger but the big striker miscued his header and the chance was gone.

Moses then traded passes with Delfouneso before striking a shot at goal, which was deflected over the bar by a desperate lunge from Nermin Bicakcic.

The win was secured with five minutes left though, when Joe Mattock was fouled on the left to win a free kick. Moses stepped up and swung over a perfect ball for Ranger to nod home and give the Young Lions their opening victory.

:)

Wooo! Get in nile son! Just get scoring those for us next season.

Missed a header but didn't give up and eventually scored from a similar chance. Sign of a good striker. :pow:

Both of Andy Carroll's headed goals for the club were preceded by a shocking headed miss beforehand.

Missed a header but didn't give up and eventually scored from a similar chance. Sign of a good striker. :pow:

Both of Andy Carroll's headed goals for the club were preceded by a shocking headed miss beforehand.

The one against Stoke wasn't that easy, looked well over him and I was amazed he managed to direct it as close to goal as he did.

I want him to start next year

So far with the players who said they want to stay and the young ones this is what I would like to see next year!

??? Ranger

Duff Vuckic ??? Lua Lua

??? ??? Taylor Beye

Harper

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Here's my team for next season

1 - Beye

2 - Beye

3 - Beye

4 - Beye

5 - Beye

6 - Beye

7 - Lee

8 - Beardsley

9 - Ranger

10 - Beye

11 - Sheedy

So far with the players who said they want to stay and the young ones this is what I would like to see next year!

??? Ranger

Duff Vuckic ??? Lua Lua

??? ??? Taylor Beye

Harper

Vuckic next to Ranger

Nile Ranger thrilled after scoring for England

May 28 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United young gun Nile Ranger has described scoring for England as a “tremendous feeling” after scoring his first international goal last night in Doncaster.

Ranger’s off-the-field problems before he joined Newcastle have been well documented.

However, his rehabilitation since coming to Tyneside has been a positive as Newcastle attempt to keep the striker’s feet firmly on the ground despite 22 goals for reserve and youth sides this season.

The Toon teenager was on target in the Three Lions’ Elite Qualifying Round clash with Bosnia at the Keepmoat Stadium in a 2-0 win and is hoping that his country can go all the way and make it to the UEFA European U19 Championships this summer.

The Londoner put the lid on his side’s win with five minutes left when Joe Mattock was fouled on the left to earn a free-kick and Victor Moses stepped up to float over for Ranger to head home.

Danny Rose had edged England in front at the Keepmoat five minutes before the break.

Alan Shearer has also been impressed by Ranger but he admits he will continue to try to catch the eye with hard work and performances.

He says: “Playing for England can only help me at Newcastle United.

“I want to come back a stronger player, and ready to help my club.

“It’s been an amazing season for me personally – I scored 22 goals for Newcastle – and to finish it will England is unbelievable. Everyone wants to play for England, and I’m no different.

“Last season Alan Shearer and Iain Dowie watched me.

“They were always watching, and if I keep going, I know I’ll get a chance.

“I’ve been training with the first team, and it’s been hard, but it makes you a better player.”

England now take on Slovakia at Valley Parade tomorrow and Scotland at Bramall Lane on Monday to complete their Elite Qualifiers with Ranger hoping to build on his first goal.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/28/nile-ranger-thrilled-after-scoring-for-england-72703-23733325/

Carroll Ranger

Duff Vuckic Guthrie Lua Lua

??? ??? Taylor Beye

Harper

Carroll Ranger

??? ??? Taylor Beye

Harper

The basis of what we could have is actually not that bad, if we keep players like Duff, Butt, Guthrie, I'd maybe ask Viduka about a pay as you play contract, S Taylor, Beye, Enrique, I'd keep R Taylor too, add the talented youngsters we have to the mix, some senior signings, and loan singings too, then we have a good team.

Guest rinaldo #18

Carroll Ranger

Kádár ??? Taylor Beye

Harper

The U19s play again tonight, against Slovakia at Valley Parade.

Don't think this has been posted yet:

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnder19s/NewsAndFeatures/2009/ranger_280509.aspx

The Keepmoat Stadium in Doncaster will forever remain in the memory of Nile Ranger, after the England hitman notched his first goal for the Young Lions there on Wednesday night.

The Newcastle United striker, making his full debut for England, headed home his team’s second goal to seal an opening victory in the quest to reach the European U19 Championship Finals.

It had been an impressive display from the 18-year-old too, partnering Nathan Delfouneso up front as England had to break down a resilient Bosnia-Herzegovina side and the whole experience was still placed firmly in Ranger’s mind the following afternoon.

“I’m still buzzing actually,” he told TheFA.com at the team’s Sheffield hotel.

“To score on my full debut was great, I wasn’t even expecting a call-up but I’m happy to be here and involved.

“They were good on the counter attack and didn’t stop running so they made it tough for us and it was important for us to get the first goal and that made it a bit easier for the second half.

“It was a great ball in from Victor (Moses) and I just managed to get my head on it and guide it in.”

This is only Ranger’s second involvement with the England squad at any age group, following his call-up by Brian Eastick for the friendly game with Czech Republic in March.

A second half substitute appearance in that game gave him the chance to show what he could do and he obviously left an impression in order to be involved again.

“I came on (against Czech Republic) and just gave my all,” he added.

“We battered them a little bit but just couldn’t get the goal, but I generally gave it my best and managed to hit the post, which was unfortunate.”

All attentions in the England camp have now turned to Friday’s game with Slovakia at Valley Parade though, where they will be looking to make it six points out of six.

And having seen the Slovakians at close quarters, Ranger knows what to expect from them.

“They look like a pretty big side, so it will be tough for us again,” he said.

“I sort of like the physical stuff though, that’s a strong part of my game so I’m looking forward to it.

“We need to get the win on Friday and hopefully Scotland will lose against Bosnia to give us a good chance, but our main aim is simply to go through to the Finals and we want to win all three games.”

The north-Londoner originally started his career with Southampton but moved north to join Newcastle last summer and has hardly looked back since, becoming a regular goalscorer at both Academy and reserve level, prompting boss Alan Shearer to reward him with a long term professional contract.

As a newcomer to the international scene, he’s still adjusting to his new squad-mates and training routines and it’s something he admits he’s been enjoying.

“I’ve settled in well with the lads ever since I was first called up for the last game, so it’s good,” he explained.

“International football is sort of different to club football, I’m playing against players that I don’t always get the chance to play against and to be honest, I’m not really used to it yet.

“We don’t really get a break, as we played last night and then had our recovery today before the next game tomorrow so it’s hard. With the club, you’re training every day with your team-mates and playing week-in and week-out, so it’s different but I’m certainly enjoying it.”