2001-02

Guest Howaythetoon

This season, every point picked up and every goal scored will be a massive fuck off to the media.

I think we will surpise a lot of people & teams this season and make some good progress.

When it was announced SOuness was manager my heart sank.  He lived up to everything id imagined would happen.

I thought he would get us relegated so at least my worst fears didn't materialise.

Guest Howaythetoon

Good post.

There's still nee f***ing way we're beating Man United though.

Maybe not. A slight hunch I have. Fingers crossed. Wouldn't it be great though. What a big fuck off to everyone that would be.

good post but Robert wasn't an unknown to anyone who followed football beyond the epl. Sadly a lot of the dickheads at SJP will think Coloccini's a unknown

And it matters does it. If he plays well, who cares if people know how many caps for Argentina he has?

Good post by HTT but unfortunately i don't believe in omens and all that, "it happened like this then, so it must happen like this now" sorta stuff. The signing comparisons, then and now, for one thing are daft. That's not to say i'm pessimistic about our future though, i'm very excited long-term.

The only real worries that i need quelling are whether or not we're going to be playing 4-3-3, and how long it'll take the first teamers to get properly match fit. Player recruitment, club stability, in-club relations, and all the other common worries - i'm fine with. Just them two things i pointed out. We'll have a good season, 8th or 9th. :thup:

agree with all predictions except Given returning to form, no chance, whatsoever

Can you tell the future or something?

probably not, but it isn't happening. That's life. Most of us knew that with Given's goalkeeping style it wouldn't last much beyond 30, and injuries have also taken their considerable toll.

good post but Robert wasn't an unknown to anyone who followed football beyond the epl. Sadly a lot of the dickheads at SJP will think Coloccini's a unknown

And it matters does it. If he plays well, who cares if people know how many caps for Argentina he has?

Good post by HTT but unfortunately i don't believe in omens and all that, "it happened like this then, so it must happen like this now" sorta stuff. The signing comparisons, then and now, for one thing are daft. That's not to say i'm pessimistic about our future though, i'm very excited long-term.

The only real worries that i need quelling are whether or not we're going to be playing 4-3-3, and how long it'll take the first teamers to get properly match fit. Player recruitment, club stability, in-club relations, and all the other common worries - i'm fine with. Just them two things i pointed out. We'll have a good season, 8th or 9th. :thup:

maybe not to an armchair pundit, but I'll be in the Gallowgate 19+ times probably listening to 'that Argentinean fucker hasn't done nowt, put Stevie Taylor in man' when something goes remotely wrong

Guest Howaythetoon

agree with all predictions except Given returning to form, no chance, whatsoever

For the first time in his Newcastle career he has a fight on his hands to get into the team. Don't underestimate what a fresh challenge can mean to a player whose game has been effected mostly by succumbing to the mediocrity around him. I.e. Shearer post Sir Bobby. I predict a similar turn around in form for Given.

For the first time in his Newcastle career he has a fight on his hands to get into the team. Don't underestimate what a fresh challenge can mean to a player whose game has been effected mostly by succumbing to the mediocrity around him. I.e. Shearer post Sir Bobby. I predict a similar turn around in form for Given.

There is no fight, unfortunately he'll walk right back into the first team.  Everyone knows he's a big cry baby when it comes to sitting on the bench and KK will succumb like every manager before him.  I would feel totally confident with Harper in goal and feel like it should be his shirt to lose but we know Given won't stand for that.

There is no fight, unfortunately he'll walk right back into the first team.  Everyone knows he's a big cry baby when it comes to sitting on the bench and KK will succumb like every manager before him.  I would feel totally confident with Harper in goal and feel like it should be his shirt to lose but we know Given won't stand for that.

To be fair what do you want him to do,be happy to sit on the bench? I would be happier if he was upset not getting in to the team!

Guest Howaythetoon

KK's philosophy is if you have the shirt, its yours to lose. If Shay came in and didn't perform too well, he'd be dropped, same applies to all outside of the strikers, unless the went a full season without a goal of course....